2021 NFL Off-Season Thread | JJ Watt to Arizona | Russ out of Seattle?

storm2006

Supporter
Joined Aug 20, 2001

There's the most Jerral Jones anecdote I've ever seen

20210223_093425.jpg

:rofl: :rofl:

That owner mentality in a nutshell too

20210223_093447.jpg

Ryan Leaf catching a stray unprovoked :lol:
We saw how the vote went for the COVID season. If they had them vote on a 17-game season, I think they get the majority of players rolling with it.

junglejim

Supporter
Joined Dec 15, 2012
i mean the best I could see for mac Jones is backend of the first round and even that seems high
If Mitchell Trubisky went top 5 after one promising season then Mac Jones will get in the first half of the first round, but agree, the guy isn't a top 10 draft pick talent.

Joined Jul 27, 2012
That 17 game schedule is likely inevitable.

But the players are going to have to miss games for them to get any type of decent return in collective bargaining agreements. Might be a bit harder with close to 1700 players not including practice squad guys, and a lot of those players not making much or having any real type of contract security.

Ultimately the dynamics are geared in favor of the owners. But in the case of MLB and the NBA, the players unions have a much bigger seat at the table and influence than what the NFLPA has. That’s not going to change until the NFLPA finds a way to stand firm and not fold during negotiations.

Joined Mar 30, 2007
Still dont get why their first move wouldn’t be an extra bye week for all teams, easy way to add an extra week to the season and give guys rest during so you get a better product

Joined Jul 27, 2012
Still dont get why their first move wouldn’t be an extra bye week for all teams, easy way to add an extra week to the season and give guys rest during so you get a better product
They did that in the 1993 season where they got 18 weeks and each team had 2 byes. It only lasted one season though.

But it would work if they did it now. They could play the Super Bowl on Presidents Day weekend which would make sense in that most people are off from work that Monday. Ultimately they want the revenue which comes from that extra day though regardless if it comes at the expense of the quality of the on field product.

Joined Mar 30, 2007
They did that in the 1993 season where they got 18 weeks and each team had 2 byes. It only lasted one season though.

But it would work if they did it now. They could play the Super Bowl on Presidents Day weekend which would make sense in that most people are off from work that Monday. Ultimately they want the revenue which comes from that extra day though regardless if it comes at the expense of the quality of the on field product.
I mean you could do that inevitable

just don’t get why they wouldn’t go to 2 byes.. especially with only the top seeds getting playoff byes now

would just be couple steps I would take before going to adding another week of games.. like fix the scheduling on sundays and go to staggered starts

Joined Jan 26, 2019
I mean you could do that inevitable

just don’t get why they wouldn’t go to 2 byes.. especially with only the top seeds getting playoff byes now

would just be couple steps I would take before going to adding another week of games.. like fix the scheduling on sundays and go to staggered starts
Makes more sense with COVID as well. Even if the players might be vaccinated by then.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now