2021 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

blackfrankwhite

Supporter
Joined Feb 17, 2016
I'm saying:lol: how they gonna send a valid 1099 without it?
Because if the seller is trying to get a payout, it would be through PayPal or his Bank account. Both of which already have your SSN and would send a 1099.

Amazing watching that video of some kid complaining about having to pay taxes as a reseller. The level of entitlement in these kids is astounding. Not only they do feel entitled to take advantage of sneaker culture for personal financial gain, but they think they shouldn’t have to pay taxes on those gains either? Wow.

Joined Jun 22, 2018
Because if the seller is trying to get a payout, it would be through PayPal or his Bank account. Both of which already have your SSN and would send a 1099.

Amazing watching that video of some kid complaining about having to pay taxes as a reseller. The level of entitlement in these kids is astounding. Not only they do feel entitled to take advantage of sneaker culture for personal financial, but they think they shouldn’t have to pay taxes on those gains either? Wow.
I've had PP so long I dont remember if I gave them my SSN. I did start applying for PP credit once and never finished because they wanted my ssn.. That 1099 would automatically make the crib a home office then right :nerd:

Joined Sep 12, 2018
I mean taxes were paid on initial purchase. Imo you shouldn't have to pay taxes on reselling. A platform user fee okay fine. But taxes to the government? **** no they already got their cut the first time.

Joined Aug 9, 2014
that’s what i’m sayin. forcing sellers to provide socials is gonna cost them a lot of customers
Like others have said, the customers that aren’t about it are the small time flippers. Those are the ones undercutting left and right to make a $15 profit. If they’re gone, the Heberts and bulk boys of the world will really be able to control the market with the little man out.

Joined Feb 21, 2010
I mean taxes were paid on initial purchase. Imo you shouldn't have to pay taxes on reselling. A platform user fee okay fine. But taxes to the government? **** no they already got their cut the first time.
The taxes that were paid on first purchase are typically sales tax, versus income tax which is what the IRS views as any income on sales you as a seller made. when the customer buys them off you from whatever platform (eBay, StockX etc) they will pay sales tax again.

Sales tax = paid by buyer at time of purchase
Income tax = paid by seller at tax time

So on a resold sneaker, the government theoretically gets paid multiple times with each sale and income tax on sellers.

Last edited:
Joined Nov 26, 2014

Amazing watching that video of some kid complaining about having to pay taxes as a reseller. The level of entitlement in these kids is astounding. Not only they do feel entitled to take advantage of sneaker culture for personal financial gain, but they think they shouldn’t have to pay taxes on those gains either? Wow.
who likes paying taxes? i complained when stock x purchases started getting taxed.

Joined Jun 22, 2018
Like others have said, the customers that aren’t about it are the small time flippers. Those are the ones undercutting left and right to make a $15 profit. If they’re gone, the Heberts and bulk boys of the world will really be able to control the market with the little man out.
Then people will miss the 13 yo undercutting from moms basement when the Herbert's of the world are holding stock and manipulating the highest resale prices :nthat:

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now