ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL BOOST ADJACENT SNEAKERS

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by rfx45, Jul 30, 2014.

1. kobe824

kobe824

I'd go with the 16 PK Lows, but honestly it's not true primeknit, to me it doesn't make a big difference, it does look amazing though. The 17s primeknit is more rigid and hard, I'd pass on em. At least the 16s feel nice. The other PK shoes I'd get is the Harden 1 LS, it's primeknit is amazing but you sacrifice some stability though.

2. duke40

duke40

Exactly - if they want to compete. I’m not sure how dedicated they are to basketball now since the Nike/NBA contract. Seems like they decided to play out the hand and do bare minimum just to keep a presence, but not push into that market. All good ideas though and would help immensely if they did any of these.

BTW - rumors going around that Embiid and Mitchell may not be around much longer. Just rumors though.

3. si3n4

si3n4

Interesting rumors. Though Embiid is an engaging personality, I wonder what his value is to sneaker sales. We constantly hear big men don’t sell shoes, but is he different? I doubt it. Losing Mitchell seems like the bigger loss because he seems like a guy adidas could build around.

4. rfx45

rfx45

DRose is still a huge star in China, might be comparable to if not bigger than Harden despite the Houston/China connection

I believe China is the second biggest market for bball shoes outside of the US and that is why some CE lows released there first and I believe someone here said it wasn't even going to come out here

I still don't get keeping the price at $140 with bounce tech but at the end of the day they can keep him but give some a much more affordable shoe at this point in his career

peteweezy likes this.
  5. deezyvsop2

deezyvsop2

$140 for Bounce isn't happening for me, but I could say the same for a lot of other signature shoe prices and their accompanying tech. Curry shoes with just EVA, the new Kobes, almost every Bron sig., etc.

It's just a question of how quickly the Roses will go on sale, and how much they will be marked down.

Maybe I'm just burned out or maybe I'm out of the loop, but there aren't any shoes I'm really looking forward to at the moment. With the KD 11 reviews out, the only shoe I want to get is a retro ironically (Kobe Protro). Maybe the Why Not Lows at some point as well. Are there any other big potential models on the horizon?

peteweezy and duke40 like this.
  6. rfx45

rfx45

i agree that some shoe prices has gotten ridiculous but in regards to DRose, it's about the relevance of the player in the current market

Curry and Lebron are top players and Kobe is... well... Kobe...

while DRose is struggling to make a roster that still has a $140 sig shoes, not to mention that it has a downgraded tech

Lebron, KD and Kobe shoes has actually gone down in retail price the past couple of years, Kobes only went back up in price because of the new tech they used

peteweezy likes this.
  7. jayocampo

jayocampo

Don't want the BYW Xs if they didn't improve the traction durability.

tvuollo and kobe824 like this.
  8. aircilla841

aircilla841

Wow BYW Xs sold out pretty fast. Thought they'd sit for a little and maybe even go on sale.

9. alchemist iq

alchemist iq

Fake sellout. Don't fall for the hype

10. kobe824

kobe824

Didn't even know they went on sale lol

11. tvuollo

tvuollo

This ^

Based on reviews, I can't justify myself paying 199 for a hoops shoe that lasts a month. Otherwise the shoe seems to be solid.

12. s3p4tu

s3p4tu formerly maluah

Anybody, by any chance, own BYW II? Im curious on the sizing.

13. jayocampo

jayocampo

Its crazy that YouTubers' traction were breaking apart from INDOOR use.

tvuollo likes this.
  14. Anybody know if there is another color coming soon for the BYW X?

15. kobe824

kobe824

In when they go down to $100 after discount

16. ByleBuzma

ByleBuzma

They're just sitting on Adidas dot com.

Adidas would rather burn their entire stock than put these on sale lol.

Definitely want a pair...

17. peteweezy

peteweezy

They just came out for mass release why would they put them on sale so soon? Nobody really does that. Wonder why they only have from 8-11.5 too.

18. alchemist iq

alchemist iq

I don't trust Adidas. They had this shoe out of stock on release day till Now all of a sudden they are in stock for purchase.

I knew it was a fake sell out. Thru the app.

peteweezy likes this.
  19. jaynev

jaynev

front tongue pull tab on the BYW X is awfulllll

20. I've played multiple times in the BYW X and I haven't noticed the traction peeling at all.
    I'm more of a forefoot player so the traction on my heels tend to stay in fine shape.
    I don't think the traction on BYW X are any less durable than the Kobe 360 AD or Crazy Explosive.
    I'll post pics later.

21. kobe824

kobe824

What's your thoughts on em, is it a smooth heel to toe transition and does it feel heavy on feet?

22. I think they're dope.
    They don't feel heavy at all as long as they're laced up. The laces are really thick and tend to come undone so I have to double lace. They won't come off because of the sock, but the heel slips if they're not laced properly. You're locked in otherwise. I actually didn't realize there was some weight to them until it was brought up in a review. I tend to like lighter shoes more but I don't notice the weight on these because of the fit.
    I do have a decoupled feeling but the midfoot support isn't lacking at all. I wouldn't say they have a smooth transition like the Hardens Vol 2 but def smoother than the Jordan 29s.
    They also feel a lot lighter than the Harden Vol 2 and lower to the ground. They're almost too low to the ground for me, especially in the forefoot. Thats really my only problem with the shoe. I wish the forefoot was more cushioned. It seems like that is an adidas problem. I added some metatarsal inserts in the forefoot, just to get a little softness, but it was almost too much lol. The traction from the midpoint on is excellent and I haven't experienced any durability issues. I've played in them about 12 hours already.
    I have a friend who also plays in his pair and he wears them almost every time we play. He has a pretty big rotation so its a surprise for me to see him in one pair so often.
    IMG_5129.JPG
    IMG_5130.JPG

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018 at 7:13 AM
    kobe824, alchemist iq and dtb321 like this.
  23. @duke40

I finally got these after 2 years :emoji_disappointed:
    Better late than never lol! They feel great out of the box.
    IMG_5139.JPG