ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL BOOST ADJACENT SNEAKERS

Joined Mar 17, 2017
to those that played in the BYWs, is your traction good? i tried them on, on court yesterday just to see the bite and feel, it felt like i was skating throughout, felt dangerous so i didn't play in em, it was the black one with the gum sole, just wondering if theres a break-in period or what...

alchemist iq

Supporter
Joined May 12, 2008
“Low key”= unpopular

But it’s a nike yezzy inspired colorway all it takes is for 1 popular celebrity or athlete to wear this and the sheep will flock and follow.
Just my opinion though. Still gonna cop a streetball pair in multiple colorways without any influence from a celebrity or athlete.

Joined Feb 26, 2013
“Low key”= unpopular

But it’s a nike yezzy inspired colorway all it takes is for 1 popular celebrity or athlete to wear this and the sheep will flock and follow.
Just my opinion though. Still gonna cop a streetball pair in multiple colorways without any influence from a celebrity or athlete.
i know what low key means, and i don't care what key these are, car keys, house keys, Alicia Keys, they're not even close to or on the level of a sneaker of the yr, not even in your opinion :rofl:j/k.....
about your opinion :lol: only :nerd:

alchemist iq

Supporter
Joined May 12, 2008
i know what low key means, and i don't care what key these are, car keys, house keys, Alicia Keys, they're not even close to or on the level of a sneaker of the yr, not even in your opinion :rofl:j/k.....
about your opinion :lol: only :nerd:
Alp subjective my man. Just like how you said AJ4 is more comfortable than the Lebron 3s. Thats your own personal opinion. I disagree 100% just cause the facts of Zoom air is a lot more comfortable than a Nike Air bag.

And if we gonna talk adidas, I prefer lightstrike> boost. cause after balling boost, gives my heel spur some sorness after hooping on the courts.

Joined Feb 26, 2013
Alp subjective my man. Just like how you said AJ4 is more comfortable than the Lebron 3s. Thats your own personal opinion. I disagree 100% just cause the facts of Zoom air is a lot more comfortable than a Nike Air bag.

And if we gonna talk adidas, I prefer lightstrike> boost. cause after balling boost, gives my heel spur some sorness after hooping on the courts.
you did read the spoiler right? besides i wouldn't have even messed with you if you hadn't said don't at or quote me :lol: you knew someone was coming for you might at well be me :evil:

Joined Jul 21, 2012
that contract is something serious, i bet Adidas ain't done one like that since :lol:
Take it for what it’s worth but I’ve heard his sneakers move units in Asia. Not as much in the states but I don’t think it’s a total wash. Why they’re priced at $140 above Harden’s sig and Dames, while only implementing bounce technology, is beyond me.

JS”

Joined Feb 26, 2013
Take it for what it’s worth but I’ve heard his sneakers move units in Asia. Not as much in the states but I don’t think it’s a total wash. Why they’re priced at $140 above Harden’s sig and Dames, while only implementing bounce technology, is beyond me.

JS”
I've heard he does, some have been decent looking but I think every yr they look a little less effort enforced. I have a pair of 3s and the 5Y3s

Joined Sep 19, 2012
I’m still loving the Marquee Boost and now that they can be found for under $50 makes it that much better
B6B45ECC-2FD1-4883-B838-21E44D58A04C.jpeg

Found these on Amazon

Joined Jan 10, 2016
I’m still loving the Marquee Boost and now that they can be found for under $50 makes it that much better
B6B45ECC-2FD1-4883-B838-21E44D58A04C.jpeg

Found these on Amazon
What can you compare sizing to? Any nike hoop shoes? Adidas such a crapshoot for me and haven’t had any lately but I do like the look of these. .minus the ankle collar area.

Joined Sep 19, 2012
What can you compare sizing to? Any nike hoop shoes? Adidas such a crapshoot for me and haven’t had any lately but I do like the look of these. .minus the ankle collar area.
That’s a tough one, IMO nobody does low top hoop shoes like Nike but Adidas came close with these and the Hardens. The material around the toebox is very flexible, like Flyknit/Battleknit. Midfoot support is good, really locks your foot in...almost Kobe/PG/Kyrie sig level. The padding around the Achilles area isn’t super plush like a Nike low. That part reminds me of the LBJ 16, the heel is locked in but just a little less than what you might be used to.

Joined Jan 10, 2016
That’s a tough one, IMO nobody does low top hoop shoes like Nike but Adidas came close with these and the Hardens. The material around the toebox is very flexible, like Flyknit/Battleknit. Midfoot support is good, really locks your foot in...almost Kobe/PG/Kyrie sig level. The padding around the Achilles area isn’t super plush like a Nike low. That part reminds me of the LBJ 16, the heel is locked in but just a little less than what you might be used to.
Forefoot cushion? Really low to the ground even to boost? And TTS run a little big?

Joined Sep 19, 2012
Forefoot cushion? Really low to the ground even to boost? And TTS run a little big?
The forefoot cushioning feels good, it’s not super low to the ground like the OG Crazy Explosive or BYW X for example...nothing stands out about it, which is always a good thing. Adidas sizing for me is consistent where I always wear 11.5, but my TTS in Nikes are a 12

Joined Aug 7, 2010
Lengthwise they are at minimum half size down but there's still a fair amount of dead space so full size down may even work. I'd start with half size down from your TTS and go from there.

Top Bottom