Adidas Donovan Mitchell Signature Shoes Thread- The D.O.N. Issue 1 is here

Joined Dec 14, 2017
First look at Donovan Mitchell’s signature shoe, the Adidas D.O.N. Issue #1. He selected aspiring sports writers from his high school to reveal his first shoe.

D.O.N. stands for Determination Over Negativity. Issue #1 pulls inspiration from classic comic books and Donovan’s nickname, Spida.

IMG_20181227_232425.jpg
IMG_20181227_232427.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Joined Aug 29, 2018
I wonder if the Dame line (from the 6 onwards) will slowly move into upper tier or if it'll keep using bounce instead of boost

I like this silhouette so far, looks like a more original pro bounce

Joined Oct 6, 2016
I kinda like the logo. Is it just a spider? Because I don’t see any resemblance of his initial(s) or number

Joined Aug 29, 2018
Basketball at the center

Then maybe the top is an upside-down M and the bottom is a sideways D? A bit of a stretch though

Joined Jul 21, 2012
Very interesting. Happy for Mitchell. I just wonder how adidas will market this. As stated by fabripav this could move Lillard up and allow Mitchell’s sig to be more of an entry level/cheaper price point. It’ll be interesting to see how long before adidas gives the details about the sneaker (price tech etc.). For some odd reason they tend to push a product for a few days then it disappears and is out of sight for consumers/interest lost. Latest casualty might be the N3XT L3VEL. In my mind this is fairly revolutionary for the brand so I would beef up marketing ads commercials etc to get this new product in front of consumers but that’s not really been the case. Such a weird business/marketing model adidas has.

JS”

Joined Oct 6, 2016
Why would they beef up the outside of the heel so much and not the inside? Gives the inside of the shoe no padding

Joined Apr 7, 2015
I kinda like the logo. Is it just a spider? Because I don’t see any resemblance of his initial(s) or number
I'm glad it's not a lazy logo of initials and/or number.. that's why Jordan, Lebron and Shaq logos are my favourites.. if I had a signature logo it would be me sitting on a toilet..

Top Bottom