ADOS

Discussion in 'General' started by KingdomFlatbush, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Maximus Meridius

Maximus Meridius

Now you playing dumb.

NTer's ain't gonna figure out the exact dollar amount. There is no exact way to know the amount that's owed. Ain't like we loaned white americans 500k.

We know for a fact that this economy was built on the free labor of slaves. Whether it's something negotiated and agreed on people can cross that bridge down the road.

2. All Ready

All Ready

yeah sure

keep playing by all the rules of the people who captured you

I’m sure it’ll work out fine for you

3. cashbanks

cashbanks

nobody captured me.

yea whatever rambo i'm sure you're living off the grid with no connection to the white man and "his rules"

dudes get real worked when you question the faux pro black bull**** they regurgitate from some other *****

4. largofool

largofool

Elaborate

5. Maximus Meridius

Maximus Meridius

That doesn't mean you were literally captured. :lol:

The race of people that captured your people.

6. All Ready

All Ready

yet another tired narrative

nowhere near worked up

you acting like I haven’t heard everything in this thread for decades

yall really feel like yall are dripping science which is the sad part

claiming I said I’m out the system

pedaling thevsame nonsense the elders passed to their children

7. RustyShackleford

RustyShackleford

I am not playing dumb. There are tons of NTers that could figure out a number. Multiplication is not hard, deciding on the correct multipliers is the real issue

What matters in the multipliers. Do we use the estimated total number of people enslaved, or the total number at the end of slavery, how black people not born in slavery be countes. Are former slaves compensated for just lost wages or should their be an extra payout for pain and suffering. Say we use something like "40 acres and a mule" to determine a payout, then do you inflate the number by the average increase in the value of land or by a more traditional inflation number like the CPI.

All these numbers matter and when you are think about a payout as big as this the then we are talking differences that could amount to tens if not hundreds of billions of dollars based on the multiplers.

My point to you was that maybe you should not trust the person making the payment to figure out how much they owe. Because the can manipulate the numbers on the margin to depress the payout amount.

You claim that the conversation always breaks down because some dudes can't handle a dissenting political opinion. I think the real problem is that some dudes like simple stories, and get incensed when others tell them it is not that simple.

So again, in my opinion it is not a good idea to allow the debtor to decide the scale of his debt. You constantly comment on how much pain and suffering this country has caused black Americans, yet you are willing to entrust them with figure out the correct restitution?

Sorry, but that plan seems flawed and lazy.

gry60, AEA18 and cashbanks like this.
  8. Maximus Meridius

Maximus Meridius

Like I said, it can something negotiated. Never said I was trusting this government. And it doesn't have to be a large sum of money. That's what people say that want to shoot it down quick. It can be a certain amount paid to people yearly for the rest of their lives.

You don't need to say sorry, we already know where you stand on this. :lol:

9. largofool

largofool

It’s a lot of black immigrants in this post heated cause #ados have the audacity to demand tangibles from Democrats in exchange for their votes.

It’s almost like they don’t understand that politicians compete directly for the votes of constituents, otherwise known as campaigning.

Silly of team #ados to participate is this process

10. cashbanks

cashbanks

NOOOO really?

11. cashbanks

cashbanks

Tangibles such as?

12. largofool

largofool

13. RustyShackleford

RustyShackleford

I was not going to say sorry for anything, I don't see the need to. I responded to your words.

And we know where I stand. I support reparations for African Americans, I said this numerous times, but I feel systemic changes would be better than a lump sum.

Or was there another strawman you were trying to peddle?

You now have shifted reparations to it being an entitlement program, which opens up another discussion about how to construct, fund, and administer such program. But I know you have zero interest about making a nuanced discussion about it.

cashbanks likes this.
  14. largofool

largofool

Its especially patronizing for black immigrants and their offspring to try to dictate the terms of the repayments owed to us

15. largofool

largofool

Hopefully Deez Nuts runs again as a independent in 2020 advocating for reparations for ados, he’ll get my vote

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  16. AEA18

AEA18

:stoneface:

17. largofool

largofool

:stoneface:

18. RustyShackleford

RustyShackleford

This is what I was talking about.

In their policy demands the pick their multipliers to come up with a specific number. That is all I meant. That the injured party, in this case, needs to be the ones determining the payout if there is ever one

Regarding your previous question.

First with a lump sum I have concerns on a macro and micro level.

-On a macro level since a payout will reach into the trillions, what effect will it have on the economy? Yes, there would be a large stimulatory effect because so many people at the bottom of the income distribution will. But if we tax more to find the pay then we will also have to tax some beneficiaries more. If we borrow then that might push interest rates up. Along with the future payments to service that debt then we are looking at dealing with forces that will contract our economy. A contraction that will still disproportionately hurt black folk

I do not want to make the argument it is too expensive, but given our current fiscal situation, these things have to be considered. If we were in the same financial situation we had in 1999-2000, then I don't have these concerns.

-Along those little early, there might also be a crowding out effect when it comes to other policies black folk need. Current social/welfare programs still need to be funded (even though in the short run funding requirements will increase). Also, there are a lot of other programs black folk would benefit a lot from. Medicate for all, universal childcare, and infrastructure program, expansion of public transportation systems. Since many of these are very expensive I fear that we end up in a situation where reparations money that was in theory intended to right a wrong and provide an economic stimulus, is practice is actually money folk gotta use to survive because of the lack of services.

-There are not enough legal and socioeconomic policies and institutions in place to protect much of this money from being sucked out of the black community. If place folk still face discrimination in the labor and lending market, then lower wages and higher interest rates will slowly siphon money out of the community and black into the hands of the rich white capitalist. Big business will find more schemes to target that money.

19. RustyShackleford

RustyShackleford

You really need to put your xenophobia aside.

It seems like your main goal for this movement is not to improve the lies of descendants of slaves, but for it to be an outlet so you can voice your disdain for black immigrants

20. largofool

largofool

It’s hard to distinguish allies from enemies when so called proponents of reparations for ados make statements like these

You’d think it was a white supremist raffling off these right wing talking points, not our brothers who immigrated to the us from countries of the diaspora

21. enlightenedespot

enlightenedespot

What about the non immigrant black folks on this very page that disagree with you?

22. largofool

largofool

No agenda for ados on the dem ticket, no vote from me. You mad?

23. largofool

largofool

It’s not patronizing. Next!

24. RustyShackleford

RustyShackleford

My God. You are completely taking words out of context to make a massive reach.

Suggesting one form reparations might be more valuable than the other is somehow a white supremacist talking point?

WTF man.

25. largofool

largofool

My God. You are completely taking words out of context to make a massive reach.

Being critical of opinions and thoughts from those from other countries somehow make one a xenophobe?

WTF man.