Air Jordan 1 x UNION LA Thread

laxidasical

Supporter
Joined Jan 21, 2016
Yeah, I wasn't really planning to wear the storm blues but I watched the foamer simpson video after he beat them and I couldn't get them out of my mind since.. I put the yellow laces in last week and showed my wife and oldest girl and they both said hell no.. They don't know a damn thing.. lol
what?!? Man, leave them and start a new family.

(just kidding)

Joined Mar 14, 2018
neutral laces are just so clean and makes you appreciate the color combination of union 1’s. yellow laces on top is just too much imo.

toros23

Supporter
Joined Jun 29, 2018
I keep going back and forth.. I think I like yellow laces with shorts and stock laces with pants... If that makes any sense at all..

I got the BT on raffle but had to pay resale for the blues, so that making it tougher to un-DS those I think. I'm just delaying the inevitable. Gotta stop over thinking and just wear the damn shoes..

KanyIZZY

formerly j o 19
Joined Oct 1, 2004
I keep going back and forth.. I think I like yellow laces with shorts and stock laces with pants... If that makes any sense at all..

I got the BT on raffle but had to pay resale for the blues, so that making it tougher to un-DS those I think. I'm just delaying the inevitable. Gotta stop over thinking and just wear the damn shoes..
That's funny.. I got my SB's through the Union site and paid resell for the others and have yet to UNDS the BT's but it wasn't really intentional. On another note as time goes by I don't really want the yellow laces in them but I think when I UNDS the BT's, it'll be with yellow. I still refuse to wear the SB's with anything but stock though.

taz92

Supporter
Joined Jul 7, 2003
lol i didnt have ads but they are now back. Can we get an option to get rid of them lol. ***found it** yes no ads!!!

Last edited:

toros23

Supporter
Joined Jun 29, 2018
That has to be one of the most ridiculous mock-ups I have ever seen. There is absolutely zero chance of that ever happening.

Joined Aug 9, 2014
I guess nobody likes the alternate laces in black toes? The sail on the bottom, gives some contrast. Shrug, I like em.... I only see OG laces or yellows.

Joined Jul 7, 2017
I guess nobody likes the alternate laces in black toes? The sail on the bottom, gives some contrast. Shrug, I like em.... I only see OG laces or yellows.
That's what I ended up going with for the black toes for some contrast as you noted.

For the storm blues, I ultimately switched from yellow laces back to the stock/factory laces.

Joined Jun 17, 2015
I go with the alternate laces in my pair. I like the added detail/contrast without going all the way with the yellow laces.

Joined Mar 14, 2018
for those who have both pairs, is there any variance in the quality of leather? my BT's are very plush, with the tumbled look, the storm blues have that smooth finish, with the leather being a tad stiffer (compared to the black toes)

Joined Aug 1, 2017
for those who have both pairs, is there any variance in the quality of leather? my BT's are very plush, with the tumbled look, the storm blues have that smooth finish, with the leather being a tad stiffer (compared to the black toes)
On my Black Toes, the left toe box is smooth whereas the right toe box is tumbled. Those came straight from the Union pop-up.

At the end of the day, they're still fairly mass-produced, so inconsistencies shouldn't be surprising.

Joined Apr 28, 2005
Have the highest bids on SX for both, and the seller is doing his stupid highest ask bs, almost got got. Decided to just let it ride, and hopefully they get filled this week.

Top Bottom