Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Joined Oct 6, 2016
Which recent black cement release did y'all enjoy more? 3s or 4s?
No wrong answer to this imo. The bc 3 release I enjoyed more simply because I was able to go get em the old fashion way. But the 4 is my favorite between the two releases.

Joined Aug 10, 2003
i like the 3s more.... everything is perfect about them the nike air in the back, the sizing and the shape...you dont have to worry about altering it like the bred 4s... i still like the 4s a lot but specifically these 2 releases id go with the 3s...if we were comparing the CDP id go with the 4s though

Joined Aug 12, 2016
i like the 3s more.... everything is perfect about them the nike air in the back, the sizing and the shape...you dont have to worry about altering it like the bred 4s... i still like the 4s a lot but specifically these 2 releases id go with the 3s...if we were comparing the CDP id go with the 4s though
The shape of those IIIs is perfect? Those things are an absolute train wreck. I didn’t buy one pair of them, not even for posterity. JB has absolutely destroyed the III during the course of the past 20-plus years. It’s probably the thing I hate those clowns most for :rofl:

Joined Jan 2, 2007
It's pretty close for me. I guess I'd probably select the IV's since I never owned a Nike Air version of a IV before. Missed on white cements, even though I might go back to scoop a pair, and I still have the 2001 black cement III's and 88' white cement III's. I still think the 99 black and white cement IV's are some of the greatest pieces of Jordan nostalgia ever made.

Joined Sep 5, 2014
It's a toss up for me. The IIIs were my favorite release last year, however this year I'm starting to see glitter on the cheap black leather (easily brushed off though). The IVs I didn't like at first, but a slight toebox reshape and edging changed my mind. Yes, the areas under the wings and around the netting were a little difficult to do (I used a toothpick).

IMG_20190926_164623.jpg
IMG_20190926_164845.jpg

Joined Dec 29, 2003
:smh::smh::smh:

The shape of those IIIs is perfect? Those things are an absolute train wreck. JB has absolutely destroyed the III during the course of the past 20-plus years. It’s probably the thing I hate those clowns most for :rofl:
All of this.

Joined Oct 6, 2016
The shape of those IIIs is perfect? Those things are an absolute train wreck. I didn’t buy one pair of them, not even for posterity. JB has absolutely destroyed the III during the course of the past 20-plus years. It’s probably the thing I hate those clowns most for :rofl:
My standards and expectations are lower than yours so hear me out. The BC3 didnt deliver in a lot of ways compared to the 88 I agree. But my pair seems to satisfy me completely. Do I wear them? No. They are displayed with the Come Fly With Me Video VHS my dad bought for me while he was still around. It will always make me think of him. I dont see the high ep, or toe box. I see a real shoe in front of me that takes me back to a place. I truly love this release and the look overall. To me, its a 3 done good enough.

Joined Aug 12, 2016
It's a toss up for me. The IIIs were my favorite release last year, however this year I'm starting to see glitter on the cheap black leather (easily brushed off though). The IVs I didn't like at first, but a slight toebox reshape and edging changed my mind. Yes, the areas under the wings and around the netting were a little difficult to do (I used a toothpick).

IMG_20190926_164623.jpg
IMG_20190926_164845.jpg
Yooooo. How did you use the toothpick, exactly? I did my edges with a pencil. I'm unclear on how a toothpick gets the gray onto those minuscule edges, unless you applied paint or just roughed up the edges? Please explain, seriously. I want to complete this job even more if possible.

:smh::smh::smh:
All of this.
Both releases were terrible tbh. The 3s were slightly worse due to that horrid EP cut at the toe.

The 4s give them a run for their money with that terrible toe box, crooked NA and lack of gray edges.
100. At least the IVs can be fixed, visually, for the most part. Still a **** retro, honestly.

I prefer the 3’s, but that’s just because I like the silhouette a little more than the 4’s. Both retros are flawed but for me the mistakes on the 3 are more forgivable.
Fair enough and to each their own. To me, the IIIs are worse by a galaxy. The details on IIIs, the shape, is what made them so effing sick in the first place. It's now so long gone it's pathetic. Like I said before, Nike/JB has bent those things over so much, it's not even close to the same shoe it was originally and to what made it desirable/attractive.

My standards and expectations are lower than yours so hear me out. The BC3 didnt deliver in a lot of ways compared to the 88 I agree. But my pair seems to satisfy me completely. Do I wear them? No. They are displayed with the Come Fly With Me Video VHS my dad bought for me while he was still around. It will always make me think of him. I dont see the high ep, or toe box. I see a real shoe in front of me that takes me back to a place. I truly love this release and the look overall. To me, its a 3 done good enough.
I feel you, brotha. But that is a seriously different context. And it's real, and it's awesome from that standpoint. But the re-issued shoe itself is **** when compared to the way it was originally. Beliiiiiiieeeeve me, I wish it wasn't.

PS: Not sure how I feel about this new NT site design LOL

Top Bottom