Anyone know much about Chase Private Client Banking?

Joined May 8, 2012
Everytime I go into a JP Morgan Chase branch to either deposit or withdraw money, I get an associate asking me if I'm interested in joining their private client banking. I even get letters in the mail about this offer.

Anyone work in a Chase branch or familiar with the service?

I have my money managed by Goldam Sachs Wealth Management at the moment and I use E-trade for my personal trading. I'm not a day trader by any means, but I like the low fees.

I use Chase for a checking account and I have a very small savings account with them as well, but most of my money is broken up into a few accounts and spread around.

Anyone with some info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Joined Apr 4, 2008
What's ETrade giving you for commissions on options? I've been trying to get less than .75 per contract but they won't budge unless I transfer over my other account. Kicker is there is no other account, I only mentioned it as a negotiation tactic.

can't tell if humble brag or srs..

why not sit down with a Chase executive and talk about it?

Joined May 8, 2012
What's ETrade giving you for commissions on options? I've been trying to get less than .75 per contract but they won't budge unless I transfer over my other account. Kicker is there is no other account, I only mentioned it as a negotiation tactic.
I've had this account for a long time. The rates and fees are super low. Almost non-existent :lol:

can't tell if humble brag or srs..

why not sit down with a Chase executive and talk about it?
Because I understand that these guys all get some sort of commission if I sign up with them. I want a neutral answer without someone pressuring me into joining. That's why I'm asking NT, so I figure I can get an honest and straightforward answer without the salespitch.

Joined Apr 4, 2008
Thought you needed $1,000,000 in assets to be eligible for their private banking?
OP is an investment banker. He has Vatican money.

Dude, I do like 300 trades a quarter and they still won't budge on these contracts. They got me down to 6.99 on common and if I transfer the "account" they'll go down to 5.99 but I don't even trade common much anymore :lol:

Last edited:
Joined May 8, 2012
Thought you needed $1,000,000 in assets to be eligible for their private banking?
Nah, Supposedly all you need is $250k and an average daily balance of $75k

Dude, I do like 300 trades a quarter and they still won't budge on these contracts. They got me down to 6.99 on common and if I transfer the account they'll go down to 5.99 but I don't even trade common much anymore :lol:
I see what you did there :lol:

I don't know Anne Hathaway! Not in banking anymore though.

Last edited:
Joined Jul 18, 2012
heard you get some really nice perks from those high(er) wealth management services...box seats for games, automatic travel upgrades and all that fun **** 

Joined Nov 20, 2003

Dude, I do like 300 trades a quarter and they still won't budge on these contracts. They got me down to 6.99 on common and if I transfer the "account" they'll go down to 5.99 but I don't even trade common much anymore :lol:
:lol:

Nah, Supposedly all you need is $250k and an average daily balance of $75k
I see what you did there :lol:

I don't know Anne Hathaway! Not in banking anymore though.
Ah, my mistake. Well, either way, plenty of places offer similar perks and relationships at that asset level. Hell, doesn't Merrill/BoA have $0 trades if you're in their Preferred Rewards program?

Joined May 8, 2012
heard you get some really nice perks from those high(er) wealth management services...box seats for games, automatic travel upgrades and all that fun **** 
Yeah, I've been with GSWM for about 4 years now and I've gotten tickets to so many sporting events ie. US Open, Box seats to Nets games, Rangers games etc

:lol:
Ah, my mistake. Well, either way, plenty of places offer similar perks and relationships at that asset level. Hell, doesn't Merrill/BoA have $0 trades if you're in their Preferred Rewards program?
Well, the issue with transfering over my entire account is that I have some VERY low (almost non-existent) fees with Etrade. I can't picture giving that up.
What i'm more interested in the personal banking aspect of Chase Private Client Banking. I also heard their much less aggressive with managing accounts as well.

Joined Aug 12, 2013
This dude might be able to answer your question. He knows a lot about finance and I think the same service approached him:

here

Joined Feb 12, 2003
What I'd ask you is what you want out of your bank?

if ultimately you have a brokerage account you're fine with plus GS, seems there's no real upside to you joining Chase's private banking.

Most services, excluding Goldman, provided by private banking are the same...brokerage, foreign, some estate planning/assistance, etc.

We're in the process of moving to Morgan's but also keeping our standard Wells Fargo.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now