City on a Hill: new Showtime series 6/19/2019 Kevin Bacon & Aldis Hodge

storm2006

Supporter
Joined Aug 20, 2001
Anton is an idiot. Dude is so unlikeable.
Bruh got his crew (and almost his brother) shot up then he tried to clap back at the Copeland crew only to get his brother ACTUALLY shot up in the process :smh:When they first met up and Anton was talking greasy I was thinking “They’re not gonna kill Grace but they’ll get Kelvin” then the end of the episode happens.

Only two episodes left :wow: |l

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Shoe shine line :wow: room was awkward after

Thought Anton was leaving fam without calling anybody so he's not that bad :lol:

storm2006

Supporter
Joined Aug 20, 2001
Shoe shine line :wow: room was awkward after

Thought Anton was leaving fam without calling anybody so he's not that bad :lol:
Man, stuck around and Kelvin touched! :lol: The shoe shine line was vicious. Rawls went in that whole interaction.

Decourcy and Jackie teaming up is :smokin I enjoyed their collaboration together. Reminds me of Billions when Axe and Rhoades teamed up. It can only last so long, though :lol:

storm2006

Supporter
Joined Aug 20, 2001
You got me thinking...Anton has to be one of the most toxic TV characters in recent history. Got a little girl marked...got the homie who got into Boston College jammed up...got his lil brother shot...pretty much ruined all his mom’s work in the community and her chances to get the HUD project...generally sullying the Campbell name :smh:

cs02132

Supporter
Joined Nov 1, 2007
Bruh got his crew (and almost his brother) shot up then he tried to clap back at the Copeland crew only to get his brother ACTUALLY shot up in the process :smh:When they first met up and Anton was talking greasy I was thinking “They’re not gonna kill Grace but they’ll get Kelvin” then the end of the episode happens.

Only two episodes left :wow: |l
I haven’t watched this show yet (planning on it) but there’s a Copeland crew? Like Copeland st? If so, my boy grew up on that street I gotta tell him :lol:
Still the hood to this day too

plansb

Supporter
Joined Jan 11, 2014
Props to Rawls for not letting a fired up decourcy go after his wife’s attempted killer though. Finally someone in a leadership position showing some sense and caring about an employees mental (and physical) well being. If this was law and order OC Rawls woulda given him an ar, an uzi, and carte blanche to investigate the crime and destroy anyone who gets in his way.

Joined Oct 16, 2012
Agreed , great scene for Rawls there

Anton w the efficiency when they ran up in that spot tho:wow:....I definitely thought he was gonna leave his brother out to dry as well

Looks like Sheikh will become muscle for Cathy, relapse, or both

IRA storyline may grow legs next season

Question : Whats the deal w Frankie now ? Cathy mentioned him being dead in her rant to Sheikhs wife...we gotta just accept that as viewers (written off the show while in jail) or did I miss something

Last edited:
Joined Dec 27, 2014
Season seems a little all over the place. Not sure how they're going to tie it up neatly. Is there definitely a season 3?

storm2006

Supporter
Joined Aug 20, 2001
Season seems a little all over the place. Not sure how they're going to tie it up neatly. Is there definitely a season 3?
I’ve been thinking the same thing! Cleaning this up and setting up a S3 in two episodes will be a tall task. What could they do for a S3 plot? This season is going to only be 8 episodes total so they could possibly stretch it out.

Joined Nov 20, 2007
I wouldn't say the season is all over the place. There's just some subplots that seem like they're going nowhere but that's cuz the season aint that long and there's only one major plot.

The most interesting thing is the Braxton Boys and the Copeland crew with the cops and Ward trying to put them away along with Ms. Campbell being the mother of the gang leader and the added Jackie Rohr ****ing around with it all

Cathy dealing drugs cuz she's poor, Jenny singing, this Irish broad and now the IRA, the kid being sober, etc. is just padding out the season cuz they got other characters they gotta keep up with. Doesn't really hurt the show but it isn't helping much.

Unless Jackie screws over Decourcy in the finale I don't even think this season has to set up anything for s3. S1 pretty much had a beginning and end. They basically used Jimmy to introduce us to the projects and that world of crime. I guess they didn't want to do like the Wire and start fresh in a new location and new cast.

Joined Dec 27, 2014
I’ve been thinking the same thing! Cleaning this up and setting up a S3 in two episodes will be a tall task. What could they do for a S3 plot? This season is going to only be 8 episodes total so they could possibly stretch it out.
If I were them I would have kept Michael Tucker around and did a prison side story. Especially since it takes place in the 90's. Walpole was jumpin back then. The inmates ran the place.

Joined Dec 27, 2014
I wouldn't say the season is all over the place. There's just some subplots that seem like they're going nowhere but that's cuz the season aint that long and there's only one major plot.
Yeah that's probably a better way of putting it. The writing just isn't as sharp as S1. But I guess that's what happens when you switch it up.

Joined Nov 20, 2007
Oh I missed when Frankie Ryan died. Makes sense given the actor is starring in a new show. Cathy daughter finding out and throwing out her tampons :lol:

Jackie punching Faust :lol:

Siobhan losing the baby :smh:

If I was Decourcy I'd probably kill the whole Campbell family. Dont feel bad for Grace.

Damn Anton went out like a *****. Dirty cop tainted things.

storm2006

Supporter
Joined Aug 20, 2001
Oh I missed when Frankie Ryan died. Makes sense given the actor is starring in a new show. Cathy daughter finding out and throwing out her tampons :lol:

Jackie punching Faust :lol:

Siobhan losing the baby :smh:

If I was Decourcy I'd probably kill the whole Campbell family. Dont feel bad for Grace.

Damn Anton went out like a *****. Dirty cop tainted things.
I kind of missed it but where was the blood from on Decourcy’s shirt at the end of the episode?

Also, I just happened to pause it because I got a call and peeped that DeCourcy was wearing 3s with the Howard sweatshirt when he went to throw out the carriage :nthat:
1FA2502A-D10E-4141-A558-38DB2FE7B9B9.jpeg

Joined Nov 20, 2007
Yeah I got no clue where the blood is from.

He was wearing that same Howard sweater when he went to the hospital with Siobhan and he changed clothes to.meet with his boss. Then when he showed up to where Anton died that was the next day.

plansb

Supporter
Joined Jan 11, 2014
I kind of missed it but where was the blood from on Decourcy’s shirt at the end of the episode?

Also, I just happened to pause it because I got a call and peeped that DeCourcy was wearing 3s with the Howard sweatshirt when he went to throw out the carriage :nthat:
1FA2502A-D10E-4141-A558-38DB2FE7B9B9.jpeg
Caught that too. We’re they true blues? Couldn’t get a good look when he was kicking the **** out of that trailer in them. :lol:

storm2006

Supporter
Joined Aug 20, 2001
Caught that too. We’re they true blues? Couldn’t get a good look when he was kicking the **** out of that trailer in them. :lol:
I'm not sure, I just got a quick glance but hopefully someone can confirm. I would have missed them entirely had it not been for that random pause

Joined Feb 15, 2009
Gonna start this show soon. How Boston is this show, on a scale from 1 to Gone Baby Gone?

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now