Complex's Everyday Struggle: Joe Budden vs DJ Akademiks

Discussion in 'Music' started by brivera716, Apr 20, 2017.

1. mrwavez

mrwavez

Lol this makes 0 sense...that’s that old head bias. U know damn well Eminem in this day in age isn’t getting HALF of the endorsements and sponsors he had rapping about rape and killing females. You guys don’t know what kind of world we living in today

Reebok DROPPED Rick Ross for saying some **** about Molly in a drink. The way the world is hammering down on white supremacy(at least vocally) there’s no way Eminem is as successful as he was, today.

2. tyisny

tyisny

Aite fam :lol:

3. mrwavez

mrwavez

Bro not to mention, remember when dude was beefing with females?? :lol: Mariah Carey? social media would have eaten his *** up today.

Face it, certain old heads benefit not being in this era... it can’t just go one way

4. maximus meridius

maximus meridius

Yeah, the Em hate been real overboard. We really gon act like his catalog ain't filled with great ****.

since 04 he fell hard but his first 3 albums, 8 Mile soundtrack, and murdering his features are set.

5. osek206

osek206

Does he even have a classic album that's widely accepted?

6. harlemtothebronx

harlemtothebronx

I think consensus is with Eminem Show being a classic.

Lakers likes this.
  7. Peep Game

Peep Game

Yep. It's his most balanced album from beats to rapping, and probably his only album that holds up well today. People try to boost up Relapse, but I don't think about album full of garbage accents, screaming, yelling, and mediocre Dre beats should be talked about in positive light.

8. Hahahaha

Hahahaha formerly ballerific703

The "I can't relate" is a copout. Mad black and hispanics grow up with family and friends addicted to pills, having issues with their parents, poverty and depression. Now, you can say you see him and don't look like him, that's a problem but the I can't relate **** is BS to the fullest.

As for Em, people still check for him out of respect but true rap fans all have the same expectations and that's trash music. I liked "Relapse" a lot but everything since then, I'm good. I haven't heard his new song and I don't care to. I'll download the new album out of curiosity but I'm sure it won't be what I want to hear.

Most people call his first three albums a classic. That's normal to hear it with those names.

SSLP >>> MMLP>>> TES but all three are classics in my book and I still listen to them.

I have no clue if Em would be huge or irrelevant if he dropped today BUT he opened the door for all these trash *** white rappers being accepted today so I'll always hate him for that.

harlemtothebronx likes this.
  9. ill steelo

ill steelo

Rick Ross is black.

6pac and Lakers like this.
  10. kevlar

kevlar

Let's not leave out that his voice has also gotten progressively worse

11. HOU$TON

HOU$TON formerly convertibleburt

Relapse was absolutely terrible

12. osirus

osirus

Logic sells records. If you think Em wouldn't flourish today coming out you are underestimating how relatable he is to hip hops largest customer base.

13. rafeaks

rafeaks

The Eminem hate is pretty strong :lol:.

I get it though. Realistically, The Eminem Show was his true last great project. Encore might've been the beginning of his demise, but there are some great tracks on there for sure. Relapse had some good songs but most of them were pretty forgettable with the exception of "DeJa Vu" and "Stay Wide Awake". The subject matter on Recovery was great but I can not stress enough how bad he was rapping on this. I seriously cringed every time he gave his those awful punchlines...

"He's married to the game, like a **** you for Christmas
    His gift is a curse, forget the Earth, he's got the urge
    To pull his Dick from the dirt, and **** the whole universe
    Okay quit playing with the scissors and ****, and cut the crap
    I shouldn't have to rhyme these words in the rhythm for you to know it's a rap

Cause the way I feel, I'm strong enough to go to the club
    Or the corner pub, and lift the whole liquor counter up
    Cause I'm raising the bar"

..hate it mannn :lol:. MMLP2 might've not been great either but a few tracks on there really show he might still have something in him. 'Bad Guy', 'Brainless', and 'Groundhog Day' are def gems from that project. But then he has the audacity to release those TERRIBLE tracks on the Shady Records project :sick:

Regardless of all that, dude is a legend for everything he's done in the past. His career up to TES is so incredible. Happy I witnessed it all going down. I'll be lying if I say I don't check everything he drops, hoping one day he'll stop working with all these damn pop artist and surprise us but I know its very unlikely.

14. rafeaks

rafeaks

Oh...theres no way old Eminem would survive in todays industry. In a society where sexual harrasment accusations are ending legendary careers and everyone is shouting for equality..I can not imagine most of his old stuff getting appreciated like that. He def came out at the right moment back then.

15. maximus meridius

maximus meridius

The xxx dude says and does a lot of crazy **** and his fans love him for it. Slim Jesus had people talking for a second. We'll never know but I think Em would be big if he came out today.

16. Lakers

Lakers formerly ginfante

Em would be accepted because he’s w____

There’s no other way around it

17. harlemtothebronx

harlemtothebronx

I agree with this somewhat. The crux of the Eminem hate when I was growing up mainly had to do with the fact that he was white. Songs like Kim definitely turned people off, but a lot of people made their decision on him as soon as they saw My Name Is (which I don't think is a bad intro single).

I recall it not being particularly 'cool' to be an Eminem fan. Most of his fans were less popular and/or socially awkward when I was in high school.

Makes sense considering he kind of gave a voice to kids who were bullied.

18. wavycrocket

wavycrocket

Totally opposite in my experience :lol:.

***** used to love Eminem from like 98-03. He was always seen as the "crazy white boy" who could rap, and was funny.

Em at his height was down with Snoop, Dre, 50 and damn near the whole west coast early 00s resurgence. We was def rocking with Shady. And everybody enjoyed 8 mile.

But somewhere along the way....the "goofy" songs kept popping up and weren't sounding good or resonating. That's where he lost most of us.

AEA18, Remy LeBeau, 6pac and 4 others like this.
  19. mrwavez

mrwavez

Thank you, :lol: this is the truth. There’s no way. Eminem would be outta there real quick.
    Nah bro. Being white is a big + but that’s not gonna save you from public scrutiny when you say certain things. There would be marches against that *****

20. maximus meridius

maximus meridius

Yeah, black folks rocked with Em heavy back then. First time I heard the Marshall Mathers album was from people playing it outside. He just fell off. And now only white people love his music cuz he looks like them and his style is catered to them now.

wavycrocket likes this.