Electronics to be sold on StockX. Has it officially jumped the shark?

Joined May 15, 2013
Hmm ebay better watch out.

Agree I currently have no faith in stockx authentication process, not sure if they can train people to become authentication experts in all fields

But if they can pull it off, I can see people switching from ebay to stockx for items that are commonly faked.

I think this is a good thing for us consumers, maybe this will lead to a price-war and ebay/stockx undercutting each other on commission charges

plansb

Supporter
Joined Jan 11, 2014
Stockx is great for sellers vs eBay where there is so much buyer fraud and risk free speculation backed up by ebays 180 day money back policy. As a buyer stockx isn’t as great though.

Joined Apr 9, 2017
Lol, don't need them to tell me if my LE Xbox One X is real... I'll know when I try to play a game on it. Who wants to be first to send them bootleg Dreamcast games and see if they pass?

plansb

Supporter
Joined Jan 11, 2014
Who the hell has new AirPods laying around waiting to be sold? Allowing used electronics would be the smart move, although the thought of used AirPods is disgusting. :lol:
Stockx would have to refurb them are at least clean them extremely well. Just like they have their room of “master watchmakers” servicing every watch that comes through. :lol:

Joined Aug 5, 2017
people steal air pods and sell them
they have no way to be blacklisted when stolen

the used market is flooded with them

superblytrife

Supporter
Joined Mar 20, 2002
I will say I sold a LV bag on there and got a good bit more money than I would’ve elsewhere. But yeah, I was def thinking about the possibility of some random person with no knowledge of LV verifying my item and denying it. There’s zero chance they employ people well-versed in all this stuff.

coldwavez

Formerly 'Drip Olympian'
Joined Apr 27, 2019
Apparantly stockx is holding seller’s money hostage and refuses to release the funds

they’re IG is going crazy right now in the comments lmfao **** stockx

Joined Jan 7, 2015
Apparantly stockx is holding seller’s money hostage and refuses to release the funds

they’re IG is going crazy right now in the comments lmfao **** stockx
yeah I sold a pair of shoes that got delivered to stockx a week ago according to UPS, and it still says “en route to stockx” on my app:smh:

Joined Aug 22, 2012
Hmm ebay better watch out.

Agree I currently have no faith in stockx authentication process, not sure if they can train people to become authentication experts in all fields

But if they can pull it off, I can see people switching from ebay to stockx for items that are commonly faked.

I think this is a good thing for us consumers, maybe this will lead to a price-war and ebay/stockx undercutting each other on commission charges
:rofl:

Joined Nov 16, 2018
Selling additional items when they fail to payout sellers & ship to buyers in a timely fashion. What a dumbass this company has turned into :rofl:

Joined May 15, 2013
You laugh now, but ebay is concerned about stockx, goat, grailed, etc. taking market share.

Ebay already dropped sneaker fees on $100+ sneaker sales and I wouldn't be suprised if they introduced their own authentication program in the future.

I distrust stockx as much as the next guy, but im stating facts. StockX is trying to grow now that they have momentum.

But personally I won’t use stockx in its current state, especially after hearing that one dude’s first hand story of working there and needing to rush through authentication.

superblytrife

Supporter
Joined Mar 20, 2002
yeah I sold a pair of shoes that got delivered to stockx a week ago according to UPS, and it still says “en route to stockx” on my app:smh:
Honestly that’s been the standard since COVID. My stuff gets to them the next day since I’m close to ATL, and I don’t even bother wondering about a payout for at least a week. It sucks but it isn’t out of the ordinary.

edit: same goes for GOAT, btw.

Joined Aug 9, 2014
I’ve sold on eBay for 15 years...
My wife had an acct too, same address as me
Then she made a dup acct for some other stuff that eBay didn’t want her to have. Okay fine, slap her on the wrist or whatever right? Instead they banned her 2nd acct, and banned me for somehow being associated with it even though I wasn’t. Her OG acct still active. There’s literally nobody at eBay that could help me. It’s all robots. 15 years of flawless feedback, all meaningless. I still have things I wanna sell too.

Long story short eBay can smd

Joined Jan 5, 2011
Stockx blows for buyers tbh. Them adding those extra fees is booty af. And then taking away the free shipping for every 5th pair. eBay all day. I've tried to limit my purchases on stockx unless it's things I can't find anywhere else. Price wise, eBay is still better in most cases. And I just authenicate myself. And make sure the seller says the words authentic and nike brand or Adidas, etc. So if they show up fake, I can get my bread back from PayPal quick and easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ube
Joined Sep 23, 2012
I'm currently looking at a pair of shoes on Stockx. I get about 10 emails a day where a buyer increases his bid by a dollar. Then the seller decreases his asking price by a dollar. Then the buyer moves their bid back down. Seller moves it back to original asking price. Rinse and repeat several more times.

Joined Aug 22, 2012
You laugh now, but ebay is concerned about stockx, goat, grailed, etc. taking market share.

Ebay already dropped sneaker fees on $100+ sneaker sales and I wouldn't be suprised if they introduced their own authentication program in the future.

I distrust stockx as much as the next guy, but im stating facts. StockX is trying to grow now that they have momentum.

But personally I won’t use stockx in its current state, especially after hearing that one dude’s first hand story of working there and needing to rush through authentication.
Ebay has 190MM users...

I am guessing StockX MAYBE has 1% of that. Not to mention stockx primary market is so niche it doesn't really dip in to Ebay's. Market, Ebay will crush them when they choose to do so.

Don't get me wrong, competition is good, and anything to improve the ebay experience for consumers is a good thing. But this notion that Ebay is on alert is ridiculous.

Joined Jan 7, 2015
Honestly that’s been the standard since COVID. My stuff gets to them the next day since I’m close to ATL, and I don’t even bother wondering about a payout for at least a week. It sucks but it isn’t out of the ordinary.

edit: same goes for GOAT, btw.
a week? I’ve seen sellers on reddit saying it’s been 3 weeks for them and it still says “en route to stockx”.

They need to stop all sales if they can’t cope with what’s going on. They keep accepting buyers money and sellers shoes without processing anything. That place is a joke

I know people say go through GOAT but I’ve seen just as many horror stories from that place as well.

Joined May 2, 2012
I've never used StockX and never will. Was surprised to see them open a storefront (as a drop off center I suppose) in SoHo.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now