Electronics to be sold on StockX. Has it officially jumped the shark?

RustyShackleford

Supporter
Joined Jul 20, 2009
Stockx is great for sellers vs eBay where there is so much buyer fraud and risk free speculation backed up by ebays 180 day money back policy. As a buyer stockx isn’t as great though.
Yeah I would prefer selling on Ebay but the first pair of sneakers I tried selling on there, the buyer tried to scam me.

StockX fees are ridiculous but the lack of stress with the whole process is a positive.

I soured on the thought of selling on NT after Ninja started offering people money for my personal info to get me touched up. :lol:

Joined Jun 22, 2018
People are idiots :lol:. I often list shoes cheaper on Ebay because of no fees and people will buy the higher priced pair on SX or G for peace of mind. Dont bother me I'm getting my bread either way :nthat: latest ex had a pair of tailwinds on Ebay and SX with a 30 dollar price difference and they sold quicker on SX

plansb

Supporter
Joined Jan 11, 2014
Yeah I would prefer selling on Ebay but the first pair of sneakers I tried selling on there, the buyer tried to scam me.

StockX fees are ridiculous but the lack of stress with the whole process is a positive.

I soured on the thought of selling on NT after Ninja started offering people money for my personal info to get me touched up. :lol:
As a seller, I’d gladly pay more fees on something like stockx vs paying a little less and having to deal with these needy and demanding ****ing buyers on ebay. It’s like every tenth buyer is a major pain in my ***. Even though I think the fees are pretty close, I don’t really pay that close of attention - I’m not running a business (that needs govt aid) here.

edit: a little snippet of the current ******* giving me a hard time because it wasn’t shipped as quickly as he thought it should be. I’ll probably get negged by him (and potential forced return) because a few messages later I told him to go **** himself.

D878E138-1D6D-4EEB-881C-7B4B6E377F3F.jpeg

Joined Nov 16, 2018
a week? I’ve seen sellers on reddit saying it’s been 3 weeks for them and it still says “en route to stockx”.

They need to stop all sales if they can’t cope with what’s going on. They keep accepting buyers money and sellers shoes without processing anything. That place is a joke

I know people say go through GOAT but I’ve seen just as many horror stories from that place as well.
Sold some UB's on June 16th, got to them on the 18th. It's July 8th and still no payout, tomorrow :lol:. Goat has only had me wait a day for a payout since the da rona got big. Stockx has really been trash & the fact that they're adding more things to be sold when they can't handle what the have is dumb & unprofessional. They've maneuvered horribly during this time & it's definitely gonna hurt them in the long run.

I didn't know the disdain was that deep :lol:

plansb

Supporter
Joined Jan 11, 2014
:lol:

this literally came through right after I made the post above. **** eBay buyers. For real

39F2A91A-88E7-4EC9-93F3-E134A10D0BE5.jpeg

Joined Feb 25, 2010
How many hacks will it take before people stop dealing with stock x?

plansb

Supporter
Joined Jan 11, 2014
Stockx should be fine now if you are using 2 factor authentication.
eBay on the other hand just steals directly from you by debiting your PayPal account. It’s really ****ing not right what they are doing over there. Good luck ever winning a case as a seller. Idk why they even give you the option to not accept returns when they force you to take anything back anyways.

Joined Jun 22, 2018
Stockx should be fine now if you are using 2 factor authentication.
eBay on the other hand just steals directly from you by debiting your PayPal account. It’s really ****ing not right what they are doing over there. Good luck ever winning a case as a seller. Idk why they even give you the option to not accept returns when they force you to take anything back anyways.
Won 2 cases where buyer tried to scam me. Also stopped me from selling high value shoes on there though :lol:

Joined Jun 22, 2018
How did you win ?
One said I sent an empty box and I uploaded my shipping receipt with the weight and the other said their acct was hacked but i had shipped to ebay address with signature confirmation and they sided with me.

aepps20

Supporter
Joined Feb 8, 2004

I would've done it for free. He obviously didn't ask the right NTer. This is who some claim is the most important NTer. Roooooooookie mistake.

coldwavez

Formerly 'Drip Olympian'
Joined Apr 27, 2019
One said I sent an empty box and I uploaded my shipping receipt with the weight and the other said their acct was hacked but i had shipped to ebay address with signature confirmation and they sided with me.
I took a major L selling on eBay before by not having signature confirmation for a high value shoe.

Now before I sell anything valuable, I make sure to record the item and process of packaging the item as well as the process of shipment.

plansb

Supporter
Joined Jan 11, 2014
I took a major L selling on eBay before by not having signature confirmation for a high value shoe.

Now before I sell anything valuable, I make sure to record the item and process of packaging the item as well as the process of shipment.
It doesn’t matter. A savvy scammer can just point out one slight issue and say item not as described, then eBay will force the return. I’ve had it happen to me multiple times when I’ve done exactly what you said.

aepps20

Supporter
Joined Feb 8, 2004
It doesn’t matter. A savvy scammer can just point out one slight issue and say item not as described, then eBay will force the return. I’ve had it happen to me multiple times when I’ve done exactly what you said.
Same thing happened to me when I asked Meth to Ban RustyShackleford RustyShackleford . He pointed out a few questionable posts I made and I almost got banned.

Joined Jun 22, 2018
I think I won because my scammers weren't savvy. Dude who said his PP was hacked forgot to change his address before buying. Thankfully I'm anal about getting a receipt when I drop off.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now