FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Joined Oct 13, 2001
:lol: at folks hyped
cause a white man told em it was good

No offense white folks
I meant that respectfully
You do understand much of what you consume (PERIOD) has been stamped by white people long before you tried it for the first time?

These look horrible.

Last edited:
U

User 15002

old folks sausage in " " is hilarious to me for some reason :lol:
:lol: Heard the commercials my whole childhood.
https://shop.itsgooo-od.com/medium-country-sausage-31.html

Black folks..
Growing up everybody in the hood claimed baked spaghetti. Then I went to stay with my boy for a weekend. His mom grew up in the sticks and I guarantee she had never been in a black neighborhood. Her go to dish was...baked spaghetti. So I don’t even know anymore.
A real #Cultural (Black edition) Spaghetti is equipped with some spaghetti of course. Since I have couth, I sometimes use fettucinni. Now the #Cultural part is that we add ground beef, or turkey in with the tomato sauce, which we doctor up, and sweeten up with a lil bit of sugar, and other spices

Next time ya'll make spaghettti tho, try using a combo of ground beef and ground italian sausage. It's fire
What part of meat sauce are we saying is cultural?

Joined Oct 8, 2002
Ok what about spaghetti and cornbread? It that #cultural or #regional? I sure would like to know where black folks got that from? Or is it just a country thing?

Joined Oct 13, 2001
Cornbread and spaghetti is different. I get the concept but it is different.

I guess it isn't THAT much off from eating cornbread with chilli.

Joined Jul 18, 2012
I'll put some brown sugar in my homemade bolognese sauce. But actual white sugar...nah.

Joined Oct 8, 2002
Same, I think. I’ve also never encountered corn bread served with spaghetti, aside from hearing about it in this thread.
I thought you were a vegan/vegetarian, or do I have you confused with someone else. I think its #regional, tho. I've been trying to figure out where in the hell black folks got the idea it goes together.

Joined Sep 14, 2000
I thought you were a vegan/vegetarian, or do I have you confused with someone else. I think its #regional, tho. I've been trying to figure out where in the hell black folks got the idea it goes together.
Yes, I’m Vegetarian, but only have been for like 3 years.

Top Bottom