FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Joined Sep 14, 2000
”Capicola” is not hard to pronounce. I’m going to look into how it became “Gabagool”.

Nereyda Vuelve Por Dios

formerly DONRE
Joined Jul 22, 2012
Chicken thigh (I marinated it with dark soy sauce, seasoned salt, onion powder, and paprika but you can marinate it your way)
Zucchini
Carrot
Peanuts
Their sauce, add some water to thin it out slightly
If you like spicy, add chili
Could add water chestnut but I didn't buy any
I bought red bell pepper but didn't use it saving that for sweet sour dish.
Zucchini and carrot was enough veggies for the day 😂
No onions? Garlic? Ginger?

Joined Mar 24, 2018
”Capicola” is not hard to pronounce. I’m going to look into how it became “Gabagool”.
I'm gonna guess a long time ago Italian Americans first started the slang for "Capicola" as "Capicol" as most slang words begin from shortening a word. And as the East Coast American accent got thicker over a generation and the Italian accents started to fade it probably got sloppier from Capicol to Gabagool.

Joined Mar 31, 2011
Looking good
I accidentally crisped up a few of the tortillas too much so they ended up being like tostadas. Still wasn't mad though.

Also, I think I need to hit the latin market down the road. The "street taco" size tortillas are too small and the "taco" size are too big. Somebody gotta make a size that's in-between and more similar to the ones that you get from the taco spots.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now