FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Joined May 25, 2004
I was referring to Low-Level Fast Food spots. Not including In-and-Out / 5 Guys.

McDonalds, Wendy's, Places that OBVIOUSLY get frozen deliveries.
Got it, I think fast food is crazy man. Like how they just have it down to a science. It’s interesting to me.

I’d love if we got to a point where there was actual healthy fast food everywhere. Not scrubway trash( not healthy) but actual good food.

shout out to naf naf. Probably my favorite chain fast food.

Joined Jan 14, 2017
Isn’t Wendy’s slogan fresh never frozen patties?
I guess they just put the frozen patties in the fridge and call it fresh lol
Lying bastards!
I’m never eating Wendy’s again!
I remember when the Jr bacon cheeseburger used to be $.99
Now it’s almost $2 and it’s small asf
2 bites and it’s gone

Last edited:

Methodical Management

Staff member
Co-Founder
Joined Dec 8, 1999
banned for something silly in the playstation thread, he was upset the way Methodical Management Methodical Management handled the situation
Methodical Management Methodical Management what we gotta do for you to grant my dear friend Clemency
Something silly?

18 U.S.C. § 875

He was given EVERY opportunity to follow the community rules. He was already granted a probationary reinstatement after being permanently banned a few years ago, and this is what he chose to do with it. And he's upset with me? The sheer entitlement is mind-blowing.
If anything, I was too lenient with him.

He owes the person he threatened and the community as a whole an apology.

You want him back? Here's what he'd need: self-control and a time machine.

Joined Sep 14, 2000
^^^ I try not to compare current fast food prices to prices in the old days because it just irritates me. A Famous Star combo large at Carl’s Jr. is about $16 in LA now. Same prices as real food almost. LOL.

calibeebee

Supporter
Joined May 6, 2007
The experiment I decided on was some sort of keto “chili”

ground turkey, bacon bits, Italian sausage, diced green and yellow onions, fire roasted diced tomatoes, frozen green beans, and a lil chicken stock. I think it’s just called chili because of the chili powder seasoning the recipe called for. So far it smells like heaven but it doesn’t look too appetizing.
BF5EA43C-86C2-46B7-8558-2CC4E599135E.jpeg

Joined Aug 5, 2017
Something silly?

18 U.S.C. § 875

He was given EVERY opportunity to follow the community rules. He was already granted a probationary reinstatement after being permanently banned a few years ago, and this is what he chose to do with it. And he's upset with me? The sheer entitlement is mind-blowing.
If anything, I was too lenient with him.

He owes the person he threatened and the community as a whole an apology.

You want him back? Here's what he'd need: self-control and a time machine.
welp didnt know there was an actual threat of that caliber, guess hes donezo

Belgium

formerly colombia
Joined Jan 12, 2013
Tasted zebra for the first and last time today. Tastes similar to standard beef but sweeter and it had a hint of that typical 'wild' flavor, would not recommend unless you're just curious about the taste. It's definitely not bad but in that price range it doesn't come close to competing with something similarly expensive like buffalo or black angus beef.

Joined Mar 19, 2013
Tasted zebra for the first and last time today. Tastes similar to standard beef but sweeter and it had a hint of that typical 'wild' flavor, would not recommend unless you're just curious about the taste. It's definitely not bad but in that price range it doesn't come close to competing with something similarly expensive like buffalo or black angus beef.
No pics?

Belgium

formerly colombia
Joined Jan 12, 2013
Tbh I never take pictures, I don't think my cooking is anything to be proud of :lol:

Belgium Belgium how was the zebra prepared?
Marinated the filets yesterday and then pan seared to medium rare. They have extremely little fat so I figured preparing it similarly to venison filets would be the way to go. I did end up slightly overcooking one of the filets unfortunately.

When I'm tasting something new, I tend to keep the seasoning to a minimum and see how the meat tastes on its own. The full seasoning experience and experimentation is for if I decide the meat to be worth future purchases.

Speaking of buffalo, that's definitely my favorite out of the more exotic meats available here. It's fairly expensive here unfortunately so I don't often prepare it but a buffalo ribeye is just incredible, bursting with flavor.

Belgium

formerly colombia
Joined Jan 12, 2013
Appreciate it, Belgium Belgium . Where are you located?
I’ve traveled quite a bit and have never come across zebra on any menu.
Belgium. There's an excellent vendor here that was actually the very first in my country that got a license from Japan to import their wagyu. They have lots of exotic meat and all kinds of beef types.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now