FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Joined Oct 9, 2017
It’s weird how going to starbucks specifically has become sort of an addiction / mandatory daily routine for people. Seems like a waste of money to me since everyone can just make coffee at home before their commute. I’ve always been a morning person so never needed coffee to wake me up, if i’m struggling would rather just drink an energy drink.
Can never go wrong with a nice, healthy energy drink.

Joined Apr 9, 2017
Lol.

What's funny is that people don't realize how easy and inexpensive it is to make expresso drinks, with the exception of frozen drinks. You can buy an expresso machine for as low as $50 and coffee isn't expensive. Anyway I am about to take advantage of it all in the coming years as I want to open a coffee bar food truck.

lawdog1

Supporter
Joined Sep 14, 2000
Successfully growing fruits and veggies is not easy. We have a couple big planter boxes and keep trying things, but in like three years we’re only managed to grow like 4 things that were actually edible (couple cherry tomatoes, couple strawberries) :lol: :rolleyes

Joined Oct 13, 2001
Successfully growing fruits and veggies is not easy. We have a couple big planter boxes and keep trying things, but in like three years we’re only managed to grow like 4 things that were actually edible (couple cherry tomatoes, couple strawberries) :lol: :rolleyes
It's definitely a skill that you get better with overtime if you continue learning/experimenting.

What has and hasn't worked for yall?

NO disrespect.

Joined Jan 14, 2017
One of the more memorable meals I have ever eaten.

I think I went to the Maywood location. (Dee Brown, Mike Finley, Shannon Brown, Doc Rivers)

It’s in Elmwood park which is right next to maywood
Beef is good
I would only go late at night
I think during the day it’s crazy busy with long lines out the door
I only eat homemade Italian beef

Last edited:
Joined Oct 13, 2001
It’s in Elmwood park which is right next to maywood
Beef is good
I would only go late at night
I think during the day it’s crazy busy with long lines out the door
Got you, I just remember riding past Proviso East, HS and wanting to go inside the gym to see some histories.

It was kinda crowded but I went during the a weekday in APril.

It was good as hell though. Also got a Lemon Italian Ice from there.

Joined Mar 31, 2011
Just looking at a map, isn't that kind of out of the way for whatever else you'd be doing in Chicago? Did you have a car?

Joined Jan 14, 2017
Best Italian ice in the city is Mario’s Italian lemonade on Taylor st
It’s a little stand so it’s easy to miss
It’s only open like 4-5 months each year

lawdog1

Supporter
Joined Sep 14, 2000
It's definitely a skill that you get better with overtime if you continue learning/experimenting.

What has and hasn't worked for yall?

NO disrespect.
The timing of when to pick stuff. Never get it just right. I think I need to research it more next time we plant something.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now