FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

kdawg

Staff member
Joined Jun 25, 2003
That looks good. Do they make the GF bread all sugary too?
It's funny but I was talking to my wife about that recently - generally we don't have nearly as much sugar in bread as they do in the US. I haven't looked at the ingredients but I think it's the usual rice flour etc blend - a little chewy but if it's toasted it's okay. Usually they toast it a little then make the sandwich then toast it again (if you want it) - but this time (like I said, new girl) she just did it once - although I did hear her colleague say that the GF bread needs a little longer.

Joined Oct 9, 2017
Subway still flourishing as the second largest food chain in the world. I'll watch vids on youtube about food and people in other countries seem to like it.
McDonald’s seems to be doing pretty decent as well. Folks who don’t like it seem to be more vocal about it.

Joined Jul 21, 2012
2021-07-21 11.06.25.jpg

Second black espresso of the day. I drink tons more coffee since I got that bean to cup machine at the beginning of the year.
What beans did you use for this espresso? Only coffee I been buying the last 2 years are from paradise and coava coffee roasters

kdawg

Staff member
Joined Jun 25, 2003
What beans did you use for this espresso? Only coffee I been buying the last 2 years are from paradise and coava coffee roasters
That was a new one I got in Costco recently - some brand with a picture of the Golden Gate Bridge on it. Usually I buy Lavazza beans because they have them locally - so last time I bought 2 completely different brands just to try them. 1kg lasts at least a month.
There’s a hipster roaster down the road that does really good beans (although some are a bit weird) but they’re about 8x the price in little bags. My wife likes to stick with a brand she likes but I like to mix it up - hit or miss that way though.

High end bike shop I go to sometimes has a crazy vintage machine and gets beans from that guy - and it’s up there with the best cups I’ve ever had.

Here it is part way through a service:

1626891963597.png

lawdog1

Supporter
Joined Sep 14, 2000
Has anybody in here ever done any sort of eating competition? Describe the event and the outcome.
Sort of. When I was a kid a restaurant in my neighborhood did a promotion involving eating a “five pound burger” in one sitting. Me and my brothers tried and failed.

Joined Mar 19, 2013
Id do an eating competition for free food, like that meme

Pie eating competition? Nah son, free pie.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now