GOAT APP legit?

Joined Jul 20, 2012
You might get a faster response through Twitter or reddit.com/r/sneakers.
I don't have an Reddit account (new users can't post until they have some activity on their account) and Twitter ain't really an option... thanks for the 2 cents anyways.

Joined Jul 12, 2013
Man, I am not having a great week with selling on StockX (story posted in the StockX forum) or buying from GOAT...

This happened to me today with GOAT...

-On June 7th 2019 my bid for a pair of AIR FEAR OF GOD 1 'LIGHT BONE' – SIZE US 8.0M (SKU: AR4237 002‌) (Got them for a steal price too, $630 shipped)

IMG_5337.jpg

-On June 12th 2019 the sneakers were authenticated and shipped out to me.

IMG_5338.png

-On June 14th 2019 (TODAY) I received the package, but lo and behold I received the WRONG colorway! This is what I received instead:

IMG_5333.jpg
IMG_5334.jpg

They sent me SAILS (SKU: AR4237 100) INSTEAD OF LIGHT BONES (SKU: AR4237 002‌)!?!

HOW SWAY!?!

Either:

1. Seller sent GOAT FOG SAILS (SKU: AR4237 100) and carelessly passed authentication (which is mind boggling, how can you mix up 2 different colorways!!!) and then sent them to me.

or

2. Seller sent GOAT FOG LIGHT BONES (SKU: AR4237 002‌) and then sent ME SAILS instead for whatever reason.

I immediately emailed GOAT within 2 hours of the sneakers being delivered and let them know they sent me the wrong colorway. It doesn't help that it's Friday today and I'm pretty sure GOAT won't respond to me until Monday. The app says I have 3 days to return them but 1. It's the wrong sneaker and 2. they charge a shipping fee that I shouldn't have to pay for it since it isn't my fault... it's their mistake they sent me the wrong shoe!

I'm hoping GOAT finds me the LIGHT BONE pair for the price I paid for them. I will NOT be keeping these SAILS especially when the SAILS in my size are going for WAY less than what I paid for the LIGHT BONES.

Has this happened to anyone? I'm looking for some insight and advice... I'm having a rough week with 3rd party sneaker apps...
Had this happen to me where they sent me a newer version of the same shoe. It took them 5 weeks to respond to my messages and emails... but they took the shoes back at no cost to me.

Joined Jul 20, 2012
Had this happen to me where they sent me a newer version of the same shoe. It took them 5 weeks to respond to my messages and emails... but they took the shoes back at no cost to me.
5 weeks!?! Did they refund your credit card or give you store credit?

GOAT responded to my email today (Saturday):

"Thanks for reaching out!

I’ve escalated this ticket and a member of our team will follow up with you. You should receive an update within 48 business hours, at the latest. If not, please follow up with us by responding to this email thread. Creating new tickets for the same issue will further delay response time and will cause confusion.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Best,

Maria"

Hopefully this issue gets resolved sooner than 5 weeks...

Last edited:
Joined Jul 12, 2013
5 weeks!?! Did they refund your credit card or give you store credit?

GOAT responded to my email today (Saturday):

"Thanks for reaching out!

I’ve escalated this ticket and a member of our team will follow up with you. You should receive an update within 48 business hours, at the latest. If not, please follow up with us by responding to this email thread. Creating new tickets for the same issue will further delay response time and will cause confusion.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Best,

Maria"

Hopefully this issue gets resolved sooner than 5 weeks...
They refunded me to my credit card. Yeah, I got the same escalation email as well. I emailed them, sent them twitter messages, and tried the chat function in the goat app. It took forever.

Joined Jul 20, 2012
They refunded me to my credit card. Yeah, I got the same escalation email as well. I emailed them, sent them twitter messages, and tried the chat function in the goat app. It took forever.
How long did they take to respond to you after the escalation email?

Joined Jul 20, 2012
That was the 5 weeks. I got something pretty quickly right away. But then never heard back from them after about 4.5 weeks. It took 5 to have them send me a label.
Wow... I guess I'm gonna have to get on their a** if I don't hear from them by next week. I appreciate you sharing this information with me. Hopefully things will go faster with my situation. Pray for me... :frown:

Joined Jan 14, 2017
I recently got approved to sell on goat
I listed a DS pair for $250
On stockx lowest ask for same pair is $200
To my surprise it sold last night
I guess it’s the combination of goat credits and people not trusting stockx that lead to this?
Even if I decide to cash out on goat its still pretty good then if I would of sold on stockx
I know it’s easier to sell on stockx
But with goat I just took 3 pics which was super easy
I feel like $50 is quite a difference to pay

Joined Jan 22, 2007
I guess it’s the combination of goat credits and people not trusting stockx that lead to this?
Even if I decide to cash out on goat its still pretty good then if I would of sold on stockx
Yea I’ve thought the exact same thing. I’ve got so much credit sitting hoping for a free cash out day because prices are better on stock X. I don’t think we will ever see one though.

Joined Apr 26, 2017
I bought a pair of shoes on GOAT yesterday, It’s almost been 24 hrs and the seller still hasn’t confirmed. Will it automatically cancel if it’s not confirmed within 24 hrs? I’ve had sellers that confirmed but never shipped but never have they not confirmed.

Joined Nov 20, 2012
people sleep on how much more buyers are willing to pay on goat, especially if you use their storage system

was able to sell a pair of reflectives for $1600 on GOAT vs. lowest price of $1400 on stockx

Joined Oct 10, 2018
im confused.

I sold an item on stock x and shipped it via UPS with their pre made label out yesterday (monday), June 24.

stock x app still tells me to ship out my item and they even emailed me.

I check the tracking and it said it was delivered today/Tuesday, June 25.

But it also says the label was created on June 4 and shiupped on June 6. WTF

Joined Apr 26, 2017
im confused.

I sold an item on stock x and shipped it via UPS with their pre made label out yesterday (monday), June 24.

stock x app still tells me to ship out my item and they even emailed me.

I check the tracking and it said it was delivered today/Tuesday, June 25.

But it also says the label was created on June 4 and shiupped on June 6. WTF
I know your post is in the wrong thread, but after reading your post it reminded me of this post I saw on reddit earlier today. Hope it doesn't happen to you, seems like it's similar to your situation.

Joined Oct 10, 2018
How is this the wrong thread? I thought we discuss stock x and goat stuff here???

Anyways it turned out that the tracking # was just out of date. I got paid and everything went smoothly

Joined Apr 26, 2017
How is this the wrong thread? I thought we discuss stock x and goat stuff here???

Anyways it turned out that the tracking # was just out of date. I got paid and everything went smoothly
There’s a separate thread for StockX I think. This is GOAT only.

Glad it worked out.

superblytrife

Supporter
Joined Mar 20, 2002
Got an email from GOAT telling me they’ll be using UPS for my shipping now.

ABOUT DAMN TIME!

Just today my USPS package that got to the post office YESTERDAY couldn’t be delivered b/c they got there too late. How Sway?

Joined Apr 26, 2017
Dropped off a pair of shoes at the main UPS facility on July 2nd to return to GOAT for credit and it was suppose to be delivered back to them on July 5th. Tracking isn’t showing any movements after dropping it off, no “origin scan” or anything. Messaged GOAT and attached a pic of the drop off receipt and their response was:

“Thanks for reaching out.

I would recommend contacting your courier to ensure they scan your return package to avoid any issues.

We hope all goes well.”

Wtf type of respond is this? I responded and told them I went on Friday to make sure and it shows dropped off, it even says it in the tracking. Then they responded with:

“I’ve escalated this ticket and a member of our team will follow up with you. You should receive an update within 48 business hours, at the latest.

If not, please follow up with us by responding to this email thread. Creating new tickets for the same issue will further delay response time and will cause confusion.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.”

It’s almost like they didn’t even read my message thoroughly the first time.

nunya

Supporter
Joined Sep 4, 2016
Dropped off a pair of shoes at the main UPS facility on July 2nd to return to GOAT for credit. Tracking isn’t showing any movements after dropping it off, no “origin scan” or anything. Messaged GOAT and attached a pic of the drop off receipt and their response was:

“Thanks for reaching out.

I would recommend contacting your courier to ensure they scan your return package to avoid any issues.

We hope all goes well.”

Wtf type of respond is this? I responded and told them I went on Friday to make sure and it shows dropped off, it even says it in the tracking. Then they responded with:

“I’ve escalated this ticket and a member of our team will follow up with you. You should receive an update within 48 business hours, at the latest.

If not, please follow up with us by responding to this email thread. Creating new tickets for the same issue will further delay response time and will cause confusion.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.”

It’s almost like they didn’t even read my message thoroughly the first time.
They almost always have an automated response for everything.

If you dropped off the package and it got scanned you should be good. If something happened to the package it will probably just delay the amount of time it takes to get the credit.

Joined Apr 26, 2017
They almost always have an automated response for everything.

If you dropped off the package and it got scanned you should be good. If something happened to the package it will probably just delay the amount of time it takes to get the credit.
Yea it only got scanned at drop off but nothing after. Usually it will have an origin scan on the same day but still no movements. I wonder what will happen if the package never turn up.

Top Bottom