GOAT APP legit?

Joined Jun 1, 2015
Dropped off a pair of shoes at the main UPS facility on July 2nd to return to GOAT for credit and it was suppose to be delivered back to them on July 5th. Tracking isn’t showing any movements after dropping it off, no “origin scan” or anything. Messaged GOAT and attached a pic of the drop off receipt and their response was:

“Thanks for reaching out.

I would recommend contacting your courier to ensure they scan your return package to avoid any issues.

We hope all goes well.”

Wtf type of respond is this? I responded and told them I went on Friday to make sure and it shows dropped off, it even says it in the tracking. Then they responded with:

“I’ve escalated this ticket and a member of our team will follow up with you. You should receive an update within 48 business hours, at the latest.

If not, please follow up with us by responding to this email thread. Creating new tickets for the same issue will further delay response time and will cause confusion.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.”

It’s almost like they didn’t even read my message thoroughly the first time.
You should call up UPS.

Joined Apr 26, 2017
You should call up UPS.
I called on Friday because I found it odd that it’s not moving when it was suppose to be delivered that day. I’ll call tmr and file a claim. Not sure how I will get credited if it stays missing since the return label is from GOAT to GOAT in their acct system.

Joined Jan 30, 2014
Yea it only got scanned at drop off but nothing after. Usually it will have an origin scan on the same day but still no movements. I wonder what will happen if the package never turn up.
I just went through a similar problem on eBay. And I can tell you there has been something up with mail. Dude sent off my package 12 days ago and it was stuck somewhere. Dude had to call the post office and they said it was due to the holidays they have been experiencing delays. It’s supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Long story short call USPS or UPS

Joined Jun 25, 2015
What's going on at GOAT? Have a sale they haven't confirmed in 2 days and no responses to any support requests. Seems like people on twitter have been complaining as well.

Joined Nov 4, 2002
Recently sent my Wave Runners to GOAT with a good condition shoe box and received a message from GOAT stating the shoe box is damaged with pictures of the significantly damaged shoe box. I used a sturdy shipping box too. I asked them to send me photos of the shipping box but they havent come through with my request. I really think they toss and are careless of the shoe/shoe boxes once they unpackage them from the shipping box. Way too many stories of this happening to other sellers.

Joined Nov 19, 2013
Is goat strict on shipping date or can I ship a day late.1 day after 3 business days. Since they counted sat as shipping date. I have till Tues but will be out of town and can't ship till wed. Or if I Mark as shipped can I get away with it till the next day. Does anyone know about this or have tried?

Joined Jun 1, 2015
Recently sent my Wave Runners to GOAT with a good condition shoe box and received a message from GOAT stating the shoe box is damaged with pictures of the significantly damaged shoe box. I used a sturdy shipping box too. I asked them to send me photos of the shipping box but they havent come through with my request. I really think they toss and are careless of the shoe/shoe boxes once they unpackage them from the shipping box. Way too many stories of this happening to other sellers.
I sent in a pair with a box that was damaged severely en-route to GOAT. I gave the buyer a 10% discount, which was accepted, and GOAT filed an insurance claim against UPS. I got back the amount that I lost through the 10% discount after about a month.

Joined Jun 20, 2014
Made my first GOAT purchase recently and the first seller confirmed but never shipped. I emailed customer service asking what was going on and said I still wanted the shoes so they "found" another seller and the shoes ended up shipping from Hong Kong directly to me, so I assume they have authentication in Asia as well? Normally I would never knowingly purchase shoes from Asia for fear of fakes, but hoping GOAT has me covered here. Any of you had experience (good or bad) with GOAT orders that shipped from Hong Kong?

Bert.

Supporter
Joined Oct 24, 2010
Made my first GOAT purchase recently and the first seller confirmed but never shipped. I emailed customer service asking what was going on and said I still wanted the shoes so they "found" another seller and the shoes ended up shipping from Hong Kong directly to me, so I assume they have authentication in Asia as well? Normally I would never knowingly purchase shoes from Asia for fear of fakes, but hoping GOAT has me covered here. Any of you had experience (good or bad) with GOAT orders that shipped from Hong Kong?
Goat is international now

Goat ain’t shipping you shoes without authenticating them so you’re good bruh

Joined Apr 26, 2017
Yea just got a notice from them a couple days ago that they opened up a new spot in HK. You got nothing to worry about.

titang545

Supporter
Joined Sep 21, 2012
Goat is international now

Goat ain’t shipping you shoes without authenticating them so you’re good bruh
Their authentication process is bull****, I just received this Cool Grey IV's that were "authenticated"
IMG_3303.jpg
IMG_3304.jpg

Notice the discoloration in the shoe, they said they can give me a $10 store credit but sales are final. That ain't going to fly, about to dispute the charge with my bank.

killaking

Supporter
Joined Dec 15, 2013
wear the shoes and shut up they are a GR....... if you cared that much cop tomorrow and return the pair you are whining about seeesh.

Joined Mar 25, 2013
Straight off their website, the person inspecting didn't notice the "COLOR" or "TEXTURE" difference.
Capture.PNG
As others have stated, the shoes are authenticated to verify if they are legit. NOT if they are flawed, which is the case here. The shoe is authentic just not a "perfect pair". When purchasing GR shoes online especially when this many pairs were created, buy 3 pairs. Return 2 pairs after you pick your 2 shoes.

Joined Mar 25, 2013
To be fair, he’s buying a mass produced general release

If they’re gonna be that picky, not many GRs are gonna get sold on GOAT in general :lol:
Definitely realize this. However how do we know he does? How do we know this isn't his first experience with somethin like this? Or buying Jordan's in general. We assume just because WE know, everyone here should. Hell this dude might not even know what a GR is. Its obvious he doesn't know the difference between a legit check VS quality control, and he came here for help. Not to have someone berating him over his misunderstanding of a service.

titang545

Supporter
Joined Sep 21, 2012
wear the shoes and shut up they are a GR....... if you cared that much cop tomorrow and return the pair you are whining about seeesh.
Dudes always talk tough behind the computer screen.
Definitely realize this. However how do we know he does? How do we know this isn't his first experience with somethin like this? Or buying Jordan's in general. We assume just because WE know, everyone here should. Hell this dude might not even know what a GR is. Its obvious he doesn't know the difference between a legit check VS quality control, and he came here for help. Not to have someone berating him over his misunderstanding of a service.
Thanks for the info, wasn't aware they were a GR when I bought them.

Last edited:
Joined Jul 16, 2017
Their authentication process is bull****, I just received this Cool Grey IV's that were "authenticated"
IMG_3303.jpg
IMG_3304.jpg

Notice the discoloration in the shoe, they said they can give me a $10 store credit but sales are final. That ain't going to fly, about to dispute the charge with my bank.
Doesn’t goat accept returns??

titang545

Supporter
Joined Sep 21, 2012
Doesn’t goat accept returns??
No they said these are final sale, which further annoys me because that means you know something was up with your supply. I have bought other shoes with them and they will give you a store credit.

Joined Jul 16, 2017
No they said these are final sale, which further annoys me because that means you know something was up with your supply. I have bought other shoes with them and they will give you a store credit.
Damn that sucks. Probably don’t wanna hear this but easier just to sell it back on there and keep it pushing then get into disputes and everything

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now