Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

  • Yes

  • No

  • Only if mandatory

  • Not if mandatory

  • Undecided


Results are only viewable after voting.
1,405
53
Joined Mar 21, 2005
I’m sorry for your family’s losses.
What’s to be conflicted about? Pros far outweigh cons, and that’s not even debatable at this point.
The cynical in me is what my reservation. My wife has told me all about it everything so trust me I hear you bro. Losing family has me thinking long and hard , along with my career as well. I am around 1100+ kids once we get back to normal so even though my immune system is solid (vit d, seamoss, zinc, ect) that extra layer of protection "vaccine" will probably happen.
 
4,764
1,881
Joined Sep 20, 2008
I am also conflicted about getting the vaccine and I’m semi front line worker (pharmacy). I’ve talked to so many pharmacist about getting the vaccine about 80% don’t want to take it and the other 20% are all in. Doctors maybe take like 1 or 2 semesters of pharmacology these pharmacist go thru years of classes so I accept their knowledge a little bit more. Their biggest thing is the speed of the vaccines approval they feel more testing is needed
 
13,201
11,473
Joined Feb 23, 2010
I am also conflicted about getting the vaccine and I’m semi front line worker (pharmacy). I’ve talked to so many pharmacist about getting the vaccine about 80% don’t want to take it and the other 20% are all in. Doctors maybe take like 1 or 2 semesters of pharmacology these pharmacist go thru years of classes so I accept their knowledge a little bit more. Their biggest thing is the speed of the vaccines approval they feel more testing is needed
I get the apprehension since the vaccine was developed ultra quick with less stringent trials but the circumstances and state of the world dictated that. Just a crappy situation, if/when it’s available for me I’ll take it and hope my nuts don’t fall off next year.
 
4,767
522
Joined Jul 18, 2012
I am also conflicted about getting the vaccine and I’m semi front line worker (pharmacy). I’ve talked to so many pharmacist about getting the vaccine about 80% don’t want to take it and the other 20% are all in. Doctors maybe take like 1 or 2 semesters of pharmacology these pharmacist go thru years of classes so I accept their knowledge a little bit more. Their biggest thing is the speed of the vaccines approval they feel more testing is needed
I am a healthcare worker (physical therapist) and I was speaking to a patient who is an epidemiologist who stated that although we do not have long term studies on the effects of the vaccine, the vaccine itself is a safe way to combat the virus. apparently vaccines themselves can be created within days in a laboratory but the studies tend to take longer (1-2 years) and the process of approval from the FDA can take even longer (up to 10 years). He stated that having such a long approval process is the norm but it SHOULDN'T be the norm. The only reason why people are hesitant is because the vaccine seems "rushed" compared to OTHER drugs that have hit the market historically, but that should NOT be the norm. It is not normal that it takes so long for medicine to come out and usually these projects are stuck on FDA/government desks forever to be signed and move on in the approval process. The COVID vaccine went through all of the other federal guidelines that other drugs have gone through but it just sped up the approval process which makes it seem rushed.

TLDR
- COVID vaccine seems rushed but it has gone through the same process as all other drugs
- We do not know the long term side effects due to the virus and drug being so new, but all studies have indicated so far that it is safe for most of the population (unless the patient has specific allergies)
- It should not be a norm that drugs take 5-10 years to receive approval
- Most new drugs take longer to hit the market because FDA and other government guidelines delay the roll out, not because the drug itself is unsafe or not good
 
18,019
8,611
Joined Mar 9, 2010
When yall are out and about, IE strolling in a Park, are people masked up?
My girl and I are masked up pretty much anytime we step outside our apartment. Walking dogs, to and from the car, taking out trash, etc. I'm always in awe of folks pumping gas at the pump raw face and all.
It's weird at the gym tho. You have to wear it to get in the building, but can take it off while you're on the cardio machine or lifting. I keep mine on 100% when I'm in there. Got fools out here walking around the whole gym with nothing on their face smh
 
4,504
1,428
Joined Jul 31, 2012
I am also conflicted about getting the vaccine and I’m semi front line worker (pharmacy). I’ve talked to so many pharmacist about getting the vaccine about 80% don’t want to take it and the other 20% are all in. Doctors maybe take like 1 or 2 semesters of pharmacology these pharmacist go thru years of classes so I accept their knowledge a little bit more. Their biggest thing is the speed of the vaccines approval they feel more testing is needed
H1N1 flu pandemic hit in the spring of 2009, and vaccine was out by september. Even faster than covid vaccination. It has to develop fast, it’s expected in a pandemic.
 

DCAllAfrican

Formerly 'dcallamerican'
123,636
82,657
Joined Oct 13, 2001
Has anyone bought an Air Purifier/Hepa Filtration since COVID started?

Thinking of buying a few for various rooms in the house.
 

air spider 777

Supporter
5,425
4,266
Joined Jul 5, 2005
Went for my PCR retest this morning at NYU. Hopefully its negative.

I gotta say I was dumbfounded when I couldnt get a straight answer how to donate plasma. The nurse giving me the COVID swab said go to the green pathway b/c thats where they take the antibody test and they should know. Over there, they told me that I should call my PCP. Now I am waiting for a call from my PCP on what to do. I want to help if I can.
 
27,543
29,534
Joined Feb 2, 2014
I am also conflicted about getting the vaccine and I’m semi front line worker (pharmacy). I’ve talked to so many pharmacist about getting the vaccine about 80% don’t want to take it and the other 20% are all in. Doctors maybe take like 1 or 2 semesters of pharmacology these pharmacist go thru years of classes so I accept their knowledge a little bit more. Their biggest thing is the speed of the vaccines approval they feel more testing is needed
a doctor has higher education than a pharmacist though. a pharmacist just makes sure patients get the correct dose and are taking them correctly.
this logic doesn't make sense. if you really wanted a strong opinion, you should talk to a pathologist or virologist. they have given me full confidence.
there's a reason why these trials are ran by doctors and pharmacists are nowhere in sight. you should look elsewhere for insight tbh.

this is the complete opposite of the pharmacists i talked to. it's full participation at my hospital. less than 10% of the people at my hospital have said they don't want to take it.
unfortunately the trend here is the less educated lower wage workers have a higher percentage of declining.
do you work in a hospital? i have a hard time believing these pharmacists think they know more than physicians.
 
Last edited:
3,222
621
Joined Mar 22, 2006
I got my first dose of the vaccine last wednesday and I'm feeling fine, just some arm soreness (will get my second dose end of Jan)
Some of my co-workers tell me the second dose is where they felt the side effects but at least your immune system is working and it only last a day or two

Better than getting covid
🤷‍♂️
 
21,435
34,773
Joined Apr 2, 2007
i still don't get why travel is being allowed and how a "recent" negative test would make things better
i mean can't someone still catch the virus minutes before they get to the airport?
I've travleled 5 inernational countires since the pandemic - all but Turkey required a covid-19 test within 48-72 hours of departure time. Still haven't tested postive. And I get tested often. Traveling can be done properly.

Unlike America, other countries are doing what is needed to keep the numbers down with all type of prevention measures.

Some type of measure is better than nothing. The fact that I can come from another country and walk up to Custom with no medical measure of prevention is nonsensical.
 
Last edited:
1,182
4,407
Joined Aug 23, 2019
this is the complete opposite of the pharmacists i talked to. it's full participation at my hospital. less than 10% of the people at my hospital have said they don't want to take it.
unfortunately the trend here is the less educated lower wage workers have a higher percentage of declining.
do you work in a hospital? i have a hard time believing these pharmacists think they know more than physicians.
yeah, that's surprising to hear. i know a lot of folks working in pharmacy, hospitals, the medical field in general, none of which are against getting the vaccine

the trials weren't rushed and that data is quite good. there were some clamoring for the FDA to hurry the hell up once the Pfizer trials were understood

i'd be curious to hear from a virologist's perspective on what a potential long term side effect could even look like from a mRNA vaccine
 

Blake P

Supporter
3,340
3,467
Joined Jun 20, 2014
Can someone explain to me why do we have international flights now?

Why don't we just have domestic flights to try and contain this virus? just a little bit ?
I don’t think there should be any leisure travel allowed at all. Medical emergencies or essential business travel are one thing, but it’s not a time for just going to visit family or taking vacations, IMO. Of course, they’re allowing it to keep airlines from going out of business, but small businesses are forced to close because it’s considered too risky...?
 
15,088
1,761
Joined Oct 5, 2008
I don’t think there should be any leisure travel allowed at all. Medical emergencies or essential business travel are one thing, but it’s not a time for just going to visit family or taking vacations, IMO. Of course, they’re allowing it to keep airlines from going out of business, but small businesses are forced to close because it’s considered too risky...?

im on the same page as you. I don't under stand that. I also think ALL travel should be shut down. I think this falls down to bad leadership in the USA. lets hope biden does move smartly
 
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now