Map Shows Salary Needed to Afford Average Priced Home in United States

Joined Mar 14, 2006
Outside of Philly, Harrisburg, and Pittsburgh, PA is essentially a Southern type state.

Why is Colorado so expensive?
Fixed.lol. PA is definitely an "identity crisis" state where it's in the north but outside of the 3 main metro areas, you'd think you were in the south or midwest.

I know for a fact that I would need triple of that in order to afford a quality home in Pittsburgh that wasn't built during WWII

Joined Dec 27, 2014
I know so many people leaving California and heading to Nevada and Arizona. I’ve been thinking about it as well.
I know bunch of people who dipped from SD and LA because it just wasn't reasonable at all. A few of them went to the Denver area.

Joined Oct 13, 2001
Many people in our area move out to West Virginia and just commute in for work.
Hell, some even do the same with Delaware.

Joined Mar 19, 2013
I know bunch of people who dipped from SD and LA because it just wasn't reasonable at all. A few of them went to the Denver area.
Yeah man, it’s getting tougher every year here in Cali. I too know a high school friend who moved to Colorado with his wife and child. She does office work and he got work as a prison guard. I figure they’ll be fine.

Joined Sep 18, 2013
Didn’t realize the cost of living was so cheap in PA. I wonder what the catch is. Texas will nickel and dime the hell out of you. :lol:
Ain't much goin on in PA... It's cheap place to live if you want to close to NYC area. I know dudes that drive 2+ hours each way for work just to pay 1000 a month on a mortgage... 20 hours a week driving to save bread is still time consuming and draining...dudes be happy and mad at the same time... 😂

Joined Aug 24, 2017
I think you need to live somewhere that has a balance of decent amount of leisure activity and jobs while also being somewhat affordable. I'd never live in a place that's cheap but miserable just to say I've saved money

Joined Feb 15, 2009
Fixed.lol. PA is definitely an "identity crisis" state where it's in the north but outside of the 3 main metro areas, you'd think you were in the south or midwest.

I know for a fact that I would need triple of that in order to afford a quality home in Pittsburgh that wasn't built during WWII

Philly got mad affordable homes. certain parts are expensive like rittenhouse sq or something but there is A LOT of new construction that is dumb affordable.

MA I'm not surprised, Boston area is worst in NE next to nyc. but going west in MA, for example, home values tank. especially outside 495. but all the biotech and healthcare around Boston area, so the jobs are more concentrated there. but homes really exceed the salaries that are being paid for a lotta people.

when u start living with wildlife in ya backyard, and you ain't got streetlights, and there..isn't much to do. home is cheap. broadly speaking..

Joined Dec 27, 2014
Philly got mad affordable homes. certain parts are expensive like rittenhouse sq or something but there is A LOT of new construction that is dumb affordable.

MA I'm not surprised, Boston area is worst in NE next to nyc. but going west in MA, for example, home values tank. especially outside 495. but all the biotech and healthcare around Boston area, so the jobs are more concentrated there. but homes really exceed the salaries that are being paid for a lotta people.

when u start living with wildlife in ya backyard, and you ain't got streetlights, and there..isn't much to do. home is cheap. broadly speaking..
Apartment I lived in around 2004-2005 was like $1400/month. Same spot now is $4000. And I'm talking 10th floor 2 bedroom 1 bathroom joint where you could smell your neighbor's dinner.

Joined Feb 15, 2009
Apartment I lived in around 2004-2005 was like $1400/month. Same spot now is $4000. And I'm talking 10th floor 2 bedroom 1 bathroom joint.

they must've renovated and added monthly visits from top 5 IG girls for that price...

...might be worth it if Sommer Ray :nerd:

stuntman mike

Supporter
Joined Aug 5, 2007
here’s what we’re typically dealing with in hawaii. this is a small house with a decent sized yard. very old and probably needs fixing up. 3 bedroom 2 bath. nice neighborhood. the lighter colored building on the right is the next door neighbor and not part of the home that just sold. good public school. over 1.1 million dollars. this is why so many leave the state and head to las vegas. my in-laws are moving to texas.
135C6251-6F42-4D34-94A7-77160C69E209.jpeg

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now