Map Shows Salary Needed to Afford Average Priced Home in United States

Joined Jul 19, 2012
here’s what we’re typically dealing with in hawaii. this is a small house with a decent sized yard. very old and probably needs fixing up. 3 bedroom 2 bath. nice neighborhood. the lighter colored building on the right is the next door neighbor and not part of the home that just sold. good public school. over 1.1 million dollars. this is why so many leave the state and head to las vegas. my in-laws are moving to texas.
135C6251-6F42-4D34-94A7-77160C69E209.jpeg
I heard the poverty rate is very high in HI in many counties. The wealth there is overinflated by very rich people live there.

stuntman mike

Supporter
Joined Aug 5, 2007
Isn't the poverty rate high in HI?
yes. you make less than 50k/year and you’re basically in poverty here. gigantic homeless population because of the high cost of living and climate. we got other states shipping their homeless here to further burden the taxpayers.

thank goodness my wife makes a decent salary. having two kids is a killer on the pocketbook.

Joined Jul 19, 2012
yes. you make less than 50k/year and you’re basically in poverty here. gigantic homeless population because of the high cost of living and climate. we got other states shipping their homeless here to further burden the taxpayers.

thank goodness my wife makes a decent salary. having two kids is a killer on the pocketbook.
I got a job offer there, and they were talking about good weather and all that good stuff. I don't like tropical climates and beaches THAT much. Glad I turned it down. There's always a catch.

Joined Mar 19, 2013
They got homeless people in Hawaii? :wow:

Yo I’m shocked. I thought it was all rich people and tourists over there, serious.

stuntman mike

Supporter
Joined Aug 5, 2007
They got homeless people in Hawaii? :wow:

Yo I’m shocked. I thought it was all rich people and tourists over there, serious.
dude....we have MASSIVE homeless encampments. the weather is so nice, it’s not that big of a deal living outside. a pretty decent percentage are homeless people from the mainland being shipped here or just flying here for us to deal with.

Joined Mar 19, 2013
dude....we have MASSIVE homeless encampments. the weather is so nice, it’s not that big of a deal living outside. a pretty decent percentage are homeless people from the mainland being shipped here or just flying here for us to deal with.
I’m totally in awe of what you just said. I’ve never been but my idea of Hawaii was crystal clear beaches and tourism. I can image one homeless person per beach but encampment? Unreal.

cs02132

Supporter
Joined Nov 1, 2007
Yea it’s wild here in boston
Pay 600k for an old house or the same for an apartment in a new 3 family house

or drive 30-45 min out the city and it’s borderline trash

my parents paid 125k for our house in like 1985. 2 bed 1 bath barely 1000sqft. They did the basement themselves so my mom could open a daycare
It’s worth like 500k now. No way I’d wanna pay that for my house :lol:

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now