OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Season Thread: Steph Passes Wilt to Become Warriors All Time Leading Scorer; Jamal Murray Tears ACL

antidope

Supporter
Joined Jan 2, 2012
I mean you wanted to get rid of charges altogether tho :lol:
Yeah, cause it's gotten totally out of hand. You can't really stop what I am talking about I don't think because its "within the confines of the rules" so just get rid of it altogether.

Run out there and create a danger to get the ball back. I am just not rolling.

I have let it go though, it's not going to be changed any time soon.

Joined Dec 27, 2014
How is this not legit defense? If you can't avoid a charge in that situation you shouldn't be driving
It's just a matter of opinion. I don't like the "run to a spot and fall on your back" play in basketball. Like I said it's just one area of the game I don't appreciate. Rather defenders be allowed to stop the driving player in his tracks and the physicality overlooked unless it's some blatant shoulder to the chest running back ****.

Joined Apr 16, 2014
I remember in high school one my teammates broke his collarbone taking a charge...coach couldn't get me to take one in practice or game the rest of my time in high school if he paid me.

Joined Dec 27, 2014
This is a textbook charge tho. A uncoordinated lumbering big coming down the paint would make ANY defender in the paint light up with joy :lol:
It is. What I'm saying is I don't like the rule/play.

The same way people don't like the shooter jumping into the defense.

Joined Jun 24, 2013
I think offensive fouls definitely gonna get looked at after the season

especially for bigs and the lunging into a defender

Joined Apr 5, 2017
It's just a matter of opinion. I don't like the "run to a spot and fall on your back" play in basketball. Like I said it's just one area of the game I don't appreciate. Rather defenders be allowed to stop the driving player in his tracks and the physicality overlooked unless it's some blatant shoulder to the chest running back ****.
Lebron would average 57 points per game

Joined Jun 24, 2013
The rip through isn’t that bad to me. It isn’t automatic FTs (unless penalty) and the only person who abuses the rip through right now is Embiid.

But part of it is not having the hand in the cookie jar

Joined Jan 30, 2010
Was watching his UK mixtape with Fox this morning as well.He was hella explosive and fun to watch with Fox they were a perfect mix .

LaMelo done changed the Hornets trajectory. Made Rozier more comfortable playing next to him and Hayward . They suddenly not that small in the backcourt since LaMelo can rebound and isn't a train wreck on defense.
D Graham would be a nice pickup for a contender if he gets back healthy...Instant offense off the bench

Joined Jan 20, 2002
all-star gm should experiment with nba players calling their own fouls
it'll be like pick up ball :pimp:

Joined Sep 6, 2012
I remember in high school one my teammates broke his collarbone taking a charge...coach couldn't get me to take one in practice or game the rest of my time in high school if he paid me.
I sprained my wrist Jr year on one cause I didn't fall correctly. I wanna say this is why I never liked taking one but I never really did in the first place. I still knew it was the right play most of the time especially in hs where kids are outta control.

storm2006

Supporter
Joined Aug 20, 2001
Do you mean falling on your back with or without contact? If there’s contact, defender stopped and is outside of the restricted area, that’s a textbook charge.

How would a defender stop the driving player in his tracks?

Joined Apr 16, 2014
I sprained my wrist Jr year on one cause I didn't fall correctly. I wanna say this is why I never liked taking one but I never really did in the first place. I still knew it was the right play most of the time especially in hs where kids are outta control.
Exactly risk vs reward was never worth it to me. Sit me on the bench dawg idc I'm 5'10 I know my hoop dreams end after graduation. I'm in this for fun, to leave school early, and for girls.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now