OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

Joined Mar 20, 2017
Shout out to Turbo Tax.
They sent me another email saying they tried to send my stimulus but the bank account was closed, but they are giving me the option to update my bank info and get my money in a few days!
That's how easy it should be!
Aye they told me the only way to update Bank info was to file your taxes again.
Did u already update? If so how?
Thanks

Joined Feb 27, 2011
Aye they told me the only way to update Bank info was to file your taxes again.
Did u already update? If so how?
Thanks

I haven't updated it yet because my job blocks Gmail :smh:
But its basically a link for me to log into my account , validate my identity and then enter my new bank info. I have until tomorrow night to update it.

As soon as I get home Imma update it.

Joined Mar 20, 2017
I haven't updated it yet because my job blocks Gmail :smh:
But its basically a link for me to log into my account , validate my identity and then enter my new bank info. I have until tomorrow night to update it.

As soon as I get home Imma update it.
Damn Ok

Joined Mar 15, 2007
Turbo Tax also, Still waiting, I have no idea what’s going on with mine. IRS website said it was scheduled to be mailed out on the 6th but I still haven’t received anything.

At this point just bundle my ish with the other 2 racks and hit me all together.

Joined Mar 14, 2010
Shout out to Turbo Tax.
They sent me another email saying they tried to send my stimulus but the bank account was closed, but they are giving me the option to update my bank info and get my money in a few days!
That's how easy it should be!
hopefully I’ll get the same email soon

Joined Feb 27, 2011
Ok so I was able to update my bank info through the Turbo Tax email. It was really easy. You log in and it takes you to a Turbo Tax Stimulus page. You enter your bank info twice and that's it. Again, super easy and quick. Now for the wait....

Hope that you guys get that email soon!

Joined Feb 4, 2015
you sounded like you were expecting to see a pending deposit in your account seconds after Joe Biddy talked about it.

Anyway, my check was supposedly mailed a week ago and still nothing.
same here, was supposed to be sent out on the 6th

Joined Sep 10, 2012
Havent heard **** from TT or the IRS still.
You wouldve thought I died or some ****.

Joined May 14, 2002
haven't been stimmy yet. I got the 1st one and I qualify for 2nd one.

haven't change nothing from 1st stimulus check.
same bank account same number
Im in the same boat, TaxAct who I did my taxes through said they will start going out for them by February 1st :frown:

Joined Nov 17, 2000
Arent we suppose to know by today about them $2k stimmys? My bank acct been ready.... LETS GET IT!!!
Don't think we'll know until Biden's inaugurated and the Georgia senators are sworn in. If they stick with just the 2k stimulus bill (the cash act), its already passed the house. So the the senate and President could essentially pass it the same day the senate votes on it.

elpablo21

Supporter
Joined Feb 11, 2008
Don't think we'll know until Biden's inaugurated and the Georgia senators are sworn in. If they stick with just the 2k stimulus bill (the cash act), its already passed the house. So the the senate and President could essentially pass it the same day the senate votes on it.
He's supposed to speak on his plan later today

Joined Jul 22, 2012
And with the talk that his plan may be around $2 Trillion, who knows? Maybe we get more than $2k in Stimmy 3.0.

And I believe it can be done because Space Force doesn't need that much money during a worldwide pandemic and sinking economy.

willie mcfly22

Supporter
Joined Jan 17, 2013
I thought we jus was getting an additional 1400 because we got the 600....and I hope they raising the income requirements...

Joined Sep 28, 2004
Just a heads up. I opened up the new TurboTax and went though the recovery rebate credit worksheet. It’s pretty simple, once you can find the worksheet page.

Line 16 and 19 is left blank

Line 16 is for EIP1. And the other for EIP2. Those stand for Economic impact payment 1 and 2. The proof they need is irs form 1444. You can log into irs.gov/accounts and it’ll show you the amounts you received. If there is any difference, that becomes your tax credit. You can also go to the irs get my payment page to confirm those amounts. Form 1444 is what they mailed us after the fact.
There’s a bit of trickery at play. The recovery rebate isnt visible during the easy steps. I only found it in the forms section.
Just make sure you’re not in the system for having received money that you never did.
You’re able to alter line 16 and 19 pretty easily so just be careful. The irs is making it almost too easy to do something stupid. It’s the honor system.

Joined Jan 5, 2009
Just a heads up. I opened up the new TurboTax and went though the recovery rebate credit worksheet. It’s pretty simple, once you can find the worksheet page.

Line 16 and 19 is left blank

Line 16 is for EIP1. And the other for EIP2. Those stand for Economic impact payment 1 and 2. The proof they need is irs form 1444. You can log into irs.gov/accounts and it’ll show you the amounts you received. If there is any difference, that becomes your tax credit. You can also go to the irs get my payment page to confirm those amounts. Form 1444 is what they mailed us after the fact.
There’s a bit of trickery at play. The recovery rebate isnt visible during the easy steps. I only found it in the forms section.
Just make sure you’re not in the system for having received money that you never did.
You’re able to alter line 16 and 19 pretty easily so just be careful. The irs is making it almost too easy to do something stupid. It’s the honor system.
So is this what I would use if I did not get the money for my son born in 2020?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now