• UNC

Votes: 66 3.1%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 18 0.9%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 24 1.1%

• Total voters
Joined Apr 21, 2003
I need to say, before anything, that I have to put on suits and ties most of the week.

Whenever I can throw kicks in it for comfort/style/self-love/whatever you better bet I'll put on some.
This

I used to work at a company with business casual, which included no sneakers. Toward the end in my last month there I yolo'ed and just wore all-black Air Maxes every day to work instead of dealing with the pain of wearing formal shoes.

Then I switched over to a company with no dress code and my addiction to buying sneakers was promptly rekindled :lol:

Joined Apr 7, 2018
Man shut up it's 2021 foh with your outdated social constructs. We got dudes becoming women and vice versa with a surgery that takes less than a couple of hours, we got drs and lawyers tatted up like they're in a gang, we got openly gay characters on cartoon shows aimed towards kids etc. My point is that this isn't 1960. You in here crying about some damn shoes and btw from the pics I've seen he was far from the only person wearing 1s earlier today.
I burned one earlier before bed so forgive the length 😆

I am one of those tatted up lawyers, who also wears kicks to the office every single opportunity I could (which was basically daily). I’d come into the office wearing various J’s and Nikes with some jeans and matching Lacoste polos. These days though obviously no offices anymore.

I know for a fact it annoyed the more conservative and older colleagues of mine. But eff all of them, I didn’t come from the same upbringing as them. But I also had plenty of coworkers who would comment on my kicks and love the fact I wore so many different pairs to work.

Sneakers for me are literally cultural identity. I am a product of the sneaker head life, since 1989 when I got my first pair of 4s (cement greys!) as a pre-teen kid. I am a part of the generation that made the culture of being a sneaker head, and I love that being a part of my life ❤

One of my favorite things to actually say is: how many tatted up Jordan wearing lawyers do you know? 😂

So wear your kicks where you want and how you want. But of course be prepared to be clowned on if your fit ain’t right. He did it right with the Diors.

btw his outfit posted earlier is terrible 😆 uff that matching short set, burn it!

Joined Jun 21, 2015

I am one of those tatted up lawyers, who also wears kicks to the office every single opportunity I could (which was basically daily). I’d come into the office wearing various J’s and Nikes with some jeans and matching Lacoste polos. These days though obviously no offices anymore.

I know for a fact it annoyed the more conservative and older colleagues of mine. But eff all of them, I didn’t come from the same upbringing as them. But I also had plenty of coworkers who would comment on my kicks and love the fact I wore so many different pairs to work.

Sneakers for me are literally cultural identity. I am a product of the sneaker head life, since 1989 when I got my first pair of 4s (cement greys!) as a pre-teen kid. I am a part of the generation that made the culture of being a sneaker head, and I love that being a part of my life ❤

One of my favorite things to actually say is: how many tatted up Jordan wearing lawyers do you know? 😂

So wear your kicks where you want and how you want. But of course be prepared to be clowned on if your fit ain’t right. He did it right with the Diors.

btw his outfit posted earlier is terrible 😆 uff that matching short set, burn it!
Hell yeah. I love wearing my kicks to work. I do it any chance I get. Unfortunately it took COVID-19 to happen for me to be able to do that daily. No dress code for the time being since most of my colleagues are working from home now.

taz92

Supporter
Joined Jul 7, 2003
Hello kind ppl of niketalk lol. Can you guys please help me legit check my mochas in the other forum? I’d appreciate any assistance. Thanks😎

Joined Sep 12, 2018
sexuality/tattoos/gender/cartoons are a different topic...but being able to be professional or dress appropriately is important as you will constantly be judged regardless of what anyone else is wearing...

and the inauguration isnt really like attending a highschool graduation ceremony...if people think going to an interview with sneakers will have no impact on them getting a job or a promotion they are mistaken...as the world/times/cultures change people still judge...enjoy wearing pajamas to the grocery store...lol
Depends on your line of work too.

I work in Healthcare so I basically wear pajamas every day to work (scrubs). And I get to wear my sneakers every day too.

And when you work in Healthcare no one looks at you funny when you arrive for an interview in scrubs.

Joined Apr 9, 2017
The problem with this forum is that most people here tend to dress from the bottom up... the shoes are not always the showpiece of an outfit. I for one think sneakers with a suit is a pretty tacky look, but outfit was well put together at least.

Wearing nice dress shoes is a more grown kinda flex. They make shoes nicer than Diors, believe it or not... but this is America, wear what you want.

Joined Jul 29, 2017
The problem with this forum is that most people here tend to dress from the bottom up... the shoes are not always the showpiece of an outfit. I for one think sneakers with a suit is a pretty tacky look, but outfit was well put together at least.

Wearing nice dress shoes is a more grown kinda flex. They make shoes nicer than Diors, believe it or not... but this is America, wear what you want.
"Grown flex" everything that's being said in this thread is going over your head. The world doesn't revolve around you and your beliefs fam. What's "grown" to you can be outdated and played out to someone else. I wouldn't wear a suit with Jordans but that doesn't make it tacky. We're in the era of fashion diversity. Step outside and you got guys who dress like it's the 90s, you got guys dressed like they're from the future, and you got guys who dress like european socialites. All of those are fine because everyone has their own style. Get with the times man, your shoes don't determine if you're "grown" or not. No one thinks like that except old folks and people on NT apparently.

Joined Sep 6, 2000
Yeah, it was December 2019 and turned out to be bloodlines instead of either Chicago's or breds, I forget which. I think that's what your talking about. People were sooo pissed.
Yep, it was the Bloodlines. And damn near the same thing happened when the color code for the 85 Reverse Breds leaked with everyone thinking it was going to be a remastered Banned pair.

Joined Apr 9, 2017
"Grown flex" everything that's being said in this thread is going over your head. The world doesn't revolve around you and your beliefs fam. What's "grown" to you can be outdated and played out to someone else. I wouldn't wear a suit with Jordans but that doesn't make it tacky. We're in the era of fashion diversity. Step outside and you got guys who dress like it's the 90s, you got guys dressed like they're from the future, and you got guys who dress like european socialites. All of those are fine because everyone has their own style. Get with the times man, your shoes don't determine if you're "grown" or not. No one thinks like that except old folks and people on NT apparently.
Ok buddy. Like someone here already said .. wear those J Balvins to a job interview and see if you get a call back.

Joined Jul 1, 2008
Why you goin so hard like it was you on stage in the Diors? :lol:

Joined Apr 9, 2017
Shoes I'd rather wear to a presidential inauguration over Nikes...

The gators might be a bit much... but point being, there are much nicer shoes than a pair of Air Diors. Better materials, better craftsmanship... and you know, they're not athletic shoes.

Joined Oct 25, 2006
I feel what y'all are saying but the context of this situation is a man, obviously there to support his aunt-in-law, and supervise his daughters while his wife does the more formal meet and greet. He's not up on the stage being sworn in, presenting, singing, etc. Garth Brooks sang up there with some damn Wranglers, a huge buckle, and likely Cowboy boots while Lady Gaga had a fit out of the Hunger Games, but we're talking about whether a basic spectator's Jordans were fitting or not. His wife is cool AF for letting him do his thing, and again props to the man for staying true to himself.

Joined Jun 22, 2018

I'd be willing to bet you are either a pretty good lawyer or got friends in high places. You can be different when you bring skills or friends others dont have. Are your tats visible in buisness attire?

Joined Apr 7, 2018
I'd be willing to bet you are either a pretty good lawyer or got friends in high places. You can be different when you bring skills or friends others dont have. Are your tats visible in buisness attire?
Ok this is a rambling response, and not really related to our thread topic, so forgive me NT:

Well no, I am cognizant enough to know the difference between professionalism and not. All my tattoos are covered with a shirt, although I have colleagues that have visible tattoos. As far as tattoos and the professional workplace is concerned, I'd say that there is a more openness to professionals having tattoos, because in reality there are just too many of us now (tattoos are extremely common). So for example, I'd never get a face tattoo while trying to portray myself as an attorney; we must be aware of how people perceive us whether they are right or wrong. It's your choice then whether their perception is something that impacts your choices.

I am a "good" attorney, and no I don't have friends in "high places." I perform at a high level, am respected for who I am as a person, and I don't take advantage of the places I work. As such, you do get a little bit more leeway to be Yourself. And that's how my bosses have always viewed me: he's a good guy, doing good work, and his clothing/shoes are not negatively affecting business. So can everyone get away with what I do? I doubt it. It takes a certain type/level of behavior/performance/personality (and I know of others that also do what I do).

If the situation needs a suit and dress shoes, of course I am wearing them (such as with going to court). But otherwise, there have been plenty of times I have taken jeans and kicks with me, and changed in my office after going to court :smile:

Joined Jul 29, 2017
Why you goin so hard like it was you on stage in the Diors? :lol:
I have my days. Alot bs gets thrown around on this site which I usually let slide cause everyone is entitled to their opinions and I generally don't care. But then some days I just feel like blacking out on dudes. Its just talk at the end of the day tho, I thought that is what forums were for.
bronidk.png

Joined Jan 14, 2014
The reason I've always disliked sneakers with suits, especially at weddings, is it's like you're wearing a big sign that says, "LOOK AT ME! I LOVE SNEAKERS! DO YOU SEE HOW MUCH I LOVE SNEAKERS??!!"

To me it's tacky, wear what you like and all that, that's just how I feel about it.

JPS

formerly instagram
Joined May 4, 2015
Sorry papi. I’ve never even seen you post becfore outside of your little temper tantrum

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now