• UNC

Votes: 70 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 18 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 25 1.2%

• Total voters
Joined Jan 14, 2013
I'm so tempted to do something similar and just keep some personal grails. Nowhere near 150 pairs though.
But then I look at the collection, and be like, "naaaah, can't get rid of this pair, can't get rid of that pair" and so forth :lol:. It's hard because I only bought what I like - and I still like em.
There are a ton of 1s in here I never had any intention of wearing....I was just collecting 1s. Outside of the exceedingly rare, pretty much every 1 OG is in here from 2010 forward (if it came in an 11). It's literally only like 15-20 pairs short of all of them, but those are all the stupid pricey ones. It's easier to let go when I don't have an attachment to those pairs. They were just obtained for the sake of the collection.

Joined Jun 21, 2015
There are a ton of 1s in here I never had any intention of wearing....I was just collecting 1s. Outside of the exceedingly rare, pretty much every 1 OG is in here from 2010 forward (if it came in an 11). It's literally only like 15-20 pairs short of all of them, but those are all the stupid pricey ones. It's easier to let go when I don't have an attachment to those pairs. They were just obtained for the sake of the collection.
Yeah that's why I'm having a much harder time letting go of any pairs. I didn't buy pairs just because I could. I only bought pairs I genuinely like and want to wear.
So how many pairs will you have left for your personal collection after getting rid of 150? Or are you getting rid of everything?

j mobile

Supporter
Joined Oct 26, 2014
Barring the unforeseen, or something drastic happens, I’ll never be under 150 pairs again. At about 200 now, but not on some “gotta catch them all” type of mentality. Mainly Dunk SBs and Js, but pretty diverse I think. Just legitimately love kicks, and having collected for so long combined with the not walking equals they stay fresh thing, the collection has just grown. But I’m definitely at the point where my pickups have slowed down. I’m mainly buying old sht now. If I do buy new stuff, it has to stand out amongst my stuff.

Joined Jul 2, 2019
Must be the way you walk. My Js crease like crazy too. My Breds look like that other guy's Royals. I may try the iron method to smooth out the creases :nerd:
I have the same problem as an extra wide-footer (EEE). My kicks always fit long so the width doesn't kill my feet, and on 1s that usually means a royally (heh) ****ed up toe box. Have experimented with shields, but those suck too.

Joined Sep 6, 2000
Well selling fakes is extremely illegal but I’m 1000% sure it happens ever so often on StockX. Ironically though, it was proven StockX actually let’s some reps through.

I was SHOCKED that they sold Mars Yard 2.0 reps on there given how much they go for :sick:

I actually tried to file a claim that I received a questionable pair of 1s on there a few years ago and they told me to kick rocks since they said they never sell fakes. If I buy anything off of StockX, I know that there are some inherent risks of doing so.

StockX Mars Yard 2.0 debacle:

They sent me a C grade pair of JTH 3's, and had the nerve to tell me "it's typical flaw in mass produced shoes. We only check for authenticity, and these passed. But you're welcome to resell them through us." Filed a chargeback on them through my CC for defective product. Got my money refunded AND kept the shoes, so F them.

Joined Sep 10, 2012
You know they’re gonna try and slap em on fakes and sell as authentic for who knows how much because it has the “Trophy Room Exclusive” laces. Damn near making the laces worth just as much as the shoe.

Was there any confirmation on what the official price tag on the box was on release?

Joined Sep 22, 2014
They sent me a C grade pair of JTH 3's, and had the nerve to tell me "it's typical flaw in mass produced shoes. We only check for authenticity, and these passed. But you're welcome to resell them through us." Filed a chargeback on them through my CC for defective product. Got my money refunded AND kept the shoes, so F them.
Curiously, did they ban your account?

Joined Jan 14, 2013
Any interest to selling to NTers or are you only looking for bulk purchases?
I would if y'all wanted them....would want market value tho. This is probably gonna turn into more investment RE....so I'd like everything I can get.

It would be a supreme hassle to do those one by one, but if there was genuine interest in it on here, then I'll find time for y'all.

Joined Sep 22, 2014
I would if y'all wanted them....would want market value tho. This is probably gonna turn into more investment RE....so I'd like everything I can get.

It would be a supreme hassle to do those one by one, but if there was genuine interest in it on here, then I'll find time for y'all.
Yeah moving one/two pairs isn’t usually worth it, even if you are saving on seller fees.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now