Official New Balance Thread

Joined Feb 2, 2015
Do most of you guys rock no show socks, or no socks at all? I tried no socks at all recently and the inside collar had brown spots after one wear smh. I think even if I had now show socks on that would’ve still happened since they’re cut so low.

Joined Dec 21, 2015
Do most of you guys rock no show socks, or no socks at all? I tried no socks at all recently and the inside collar had brown spots after one wear smh. I think even if I had now show socks on that would’ve still happened since they’re cut so low.
No show socks. But not the ones that barely cover your toes and heals. Like the ones that cover the top of the foot but stop below the ankle.

Only savages don’t wear socks :lol:

Joined May 2, 2020
When I wear shorts it’s either no show or quarter crew personally. I tend to favor quarter crew polo socks.

Joined Feb 13, 2017
Sock liners when I wear shorts.

Joined Dec 9, 2017
Never in my life would I consider wearing shoes without socks. Regular super low no-shows in the summer. Polo probably 75% of the time for years but lord I have a LOT of socks.(I keep meaning to donate some) Polo no shows used to be so comfortable, but it seems they’ve changed them slightly. Still solid, the seam isn’t super annoying like a lot of brands. Plus you can wear them with any brand of sneakers.

I’m a Birkenstock and socks guy too btw.

Last edited:
Joined Jul 18, 2012
I buy these NB no shows with the rubber on the inside of the heel, usually try to buy when a pack of 6 pairs goes on sale for $9
2C066A4D-5E63-48F0-9AC1-62DDFD2674CE.jpeg

not really a winter sock but I wear them all summer, even look good in my birkenstocks
Do you have any issues with these slipping and sliding around while wearing shoes? I had a set of Sperry socks similar to those and they would just never sit right and always bunch up towards the heel.

Joined Oct 10, 2019
Do you have any issues with these slipping and sliding around while wearing shoes? I had a set of Sperry socks similar to those and they would just never sit right and always bunch up towards the heel.
Not really, they're pretty tight on my feet I'm a size 10.5 TTS & I have only ever bought/seen them in size L, this plus the rubber inside the heel really prevents it from sliding on my foot. I have some pairs from about 1.5 years ago that don't have the anti-slip rubber in the heel that slide around a fair bit more but still less so than other, slightly higher cut "low" socks I've had. Depends how snug the shoes are too.

90A8A6FB-B9B0-4AC9-B29F-576C409CEAF1.jpeg

Joined May 19, 2020
damn football has some dope kicks. loved my barry sanders Zoom Airs. and yes, always unstrapped lol
yo I remember getting the all white Barry sanders after my birthday and going to school all fresh... only to cut school in the rain and come home with them muddy brown.

I also remember when the straps would flop all funny after a while and never wearing them ever again.

Joined Nov 5, 2018
i always rock crew socks all year around except for very rare occasions. wool in the winter, cotton blends in the summer.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now