***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Joined Feb 25, 2010

How Greece Elected Nazis | Decade of Hate

In the past decade, Greece elected neo-Nazis to parliament. This really wasn’t a great look for the birthplace of democracy, and pretty quickly the Greek people soured towards the street-gang-turned-political-party Golden Dawn.

Joined Feb 25, 2010
Hate how these reporters fall for gop trick/do their bidding every single time.

Reporters keep asking why Harris and Biden haven't gone to the border. What do they think the president/vp is going to do by visiting the border? Magically fix the situation?

If they decided to go to the border instead of meeting with leaders in the countries people are fleeing, they would be asking why Biden/Harris aren't getting to the root cause of the problem.

It's just a stupid gotcha game the republicans make everyone else play while they answer for nothing.

Nike Jordan

Supporter
Joined Jun 27, 2002
Hate how these reporters fall for gop trick/do their bidding every single time.

Reporters keep asking why Harris and Biden haven't gone to the border. What do they think the president/vp is going to do by visiting the border? Magically fix the situation?

If they decided to go to the border instead of meeting with leaders in the countries people are fleeing, they would be asking why Biden/Harris aren't getting to the root cause of the problem.

It's just a stupid gotcha game the republicans make everyone else play while they answer for nothing.

Joined Feb 29, 2000
IF those are in fact hunter‘s emails, he was calling his white attorney that word

while I am not a fan of non black people using the word, would be a WHOLE lot worse if it was used by a white person to a black person or referring to a black person (or some of the other weird uses racist people have for the word, like when used to refer to a Arab person)

however dwalk31 dwalk31 trump got blatangly racist actions and statements.. we’ve seen a raise in violence towards Asians during the pandemic as a direct result of trump’s stupidity
lets not forget before the heightened asian hate, trumps and his boys made it harder for hispanics and latinos to live everyday life with his illegal immigrants are dangerous crusade followed by black lives matter are terrorists campaign.

his supporters are the dumbest people on the planet.

if you’re a minority and associate yourself with the republucan party I have to question you’re insanity.

Joined Mar 30, 2007
lets not forget before the heightened asian hate, trumps and his boys made it harder for hispanics and latinos to live everyday life with his illegal immigrants are dangerous crusade followed by black lives matter are terrorists campaign.

his supporters are the dumbest people on the planet.

if you’re a minority and associate yourself with the republucan party I have to question you’re insanity.
while white people using the word in any context is wrong

hunter’s daddy is the actual important one

meanwhile you got trump who called for the deaths of black teenagers in a national newspaper

meanwhile mr ‘due process’ dwalk31 dwalk31 cant call trump racist

dacomeup

Supporter
Joined Jan 20, 2006
Sidenote...

Everyone should give this a read. And if you buy it, give it to one of your friends to read...
Just finished reading this. One of the best books I’ve read, IMO. Although most of us know this — it’s really unbelievable how insidious white supremacy and racism are in every fabric of the American society. She does a great job of mixing in anecdotes, hard data, and history in painting this picture of how racism affects us all even when the original intent is to harm Black folks. The economic ramifications on the country and white Americans who fashion themselves as being such good businessman/women is striking. Anti black racism is really going to be the demise of this country. Not globalism, China, immigration, or whatever dog whistles the right parrots. It’s as clear as day and Heather McGhee should win all of the awards for this book.

Last edited:

RustyShackleford

Supporter
Joined Jul 20, 2009
Just finished reading this. One of the best books I’ve read, IMO. Although most of us know this — it’s really unbelievable how insidious white supremacy and racism are in every fabric of the American society. She does a great job of mixing in anecdote, hard data, and history in painting this picture of how racism affects us all even when the original intent is to harm a lack folks. The economic ramifications on the country and white Americans who fashion themselves as being such good businessman/women is striking. Anti black racism is really going to be the demise of this country. Not globalism, China, immigration, or whatever dog whistles the right parrots. It’s as clear as day and Heather McGhee should win all of the awards for this book.
Famb I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I agree with everything you posted. McGhee deserves a Pultizer, National Book Award, a BET Hip-Hop Award for Best Rap Performance, everything.

I have gifted like 10 people copies of this book, I think it really is one of the best examinations of how insidious, destructive, and counterproductive white supremacy is to this country and white people too. Everyone should read it

I heard Michelle Obama and Spotify are producing a podcast on the book. Excited for that joint, hopefully, it can help the book reach more people.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now