***Official Political Discussion Thread***

RustyShackleford

Supporter
Joined Jul 20, 2009
he's biting my takes. Latest Sub stack is about Kamala.

he's years late to my "Kamala should be a cop" take.:pimp:
Without even looking at that **** I know what it probably says:

Kamala Harris is not popular as Biden, she should try to be as popular as Biden

Progressives have it wrong, well not all of them of course (just that I need to frame them as a monolith to make my argument have more bite)

Everything is about appealing to the median white voter

Sexism and racism probably play a part, but I will only be dedicating a couple of sentences of the long essay to it because even though they matter, they shouldn't get in the way of my take

People that raise these issues any further are just not facing the hard truths

Last edited:
Joined Aug 2, 2006
Without even looking at that **** I know what it probably says:

Kamala Harris is not popular as Biden, she should try to be as popular as Biden

Progressives have it wrong, well not all of them of course (just that I need to frame them as a monolith to make my argument have more bite)

Everything is about appealing to the median white voter

Sexism and racism probably play a part, but I will be dedicating a couple of sentences of the long essay to it because even though they matter, they shouldn't get in the way of my take

People that raise these issues any further are just not facing the hard truths
We have "contrarian" secret club where Me, Yglesias, Alicefromqueens, and approximately 75% of the writers on sub stack discuss how the popular narrative is wrong.

its tough tho, because once we get close to reaching a consensus, someone ALWAYS chimes in with a "well actually..." :smh:

Joined Apr 20, 2021
Big government changed his whole life for the better and mans still preaching about bootstraps

Only think that was missing was him hitting us with the "As a lifelong libertarian..." bar
Most of those so called conservatives be the main ones getting food stamps and milking the system. This white girl I used to work with was hustling the system getting all types of benefits talking about she was a republican complaining about “illegal immigrants” stealing tax payer money and jobs while she was plotting on her next scheme smh lol. She eventually “got hurt” on the job and was able to get a lil settlement from workers comp. Now she’s collecting unemployment checks and was on disability for a min complaining about big government and liberals. You can’t make it up.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now