***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Supporter
Joined Mar 25, 2021
And then you voted with those people hostile to your presence to put bigots that shared their views into political office. With power over millions of black people's lives

I really wish they would update "Profiles in Courage" so they can add your story to it
Redemption arc?

Joined Jul 15, 2018
The antics in here honestly don’t bother me much.

As a black man in America, I’ve certainly been in places where some individuals did not feel I was welcome, and where some individuals wanted me to leave.
I’m Black too and know a bunch of conservatives and hang out with them socially, and they would never spew the nonsense or support the people you support…..

That’s my biggest peeve with you. If you’re not just a giant Troll, then you don’t think for yourself and you have no interest in trying, but you claim to be a put upon individual for repeating your party’s approved nonsense. We all saw you support Roy Moore, when the voters in his own damn state had enough sense not to put that pedo in power.

Joined Dec 30, 2006
I’m Black too and know a bunch of conservatives and hang out with them socially, and they would never spew the nonsense or support the people you support…..

That’s my biggest peeve with you. If you’re not just a giant Troll, then you don’t think for yourself and you have no interest in trying, but you claim to be a put upon individual for repeating your party’s approved nonsense. We all saw you support Roy Moore, when the voters in his own damn state had enough sense not to put that pedo in power.
I did not support Roy Moore. I supported the idea of due process, because the erosion of it hasn’t worked out well for people that look like me—or you. Adopting a guilty until proven innocent standard simply is not worth it.

During the Roy Moore discussion I said there are tons of reasons not to support him aside from the pedophilia allegations. But that gets ignored in here because it is easier to lodge a QAnon-esque “pedo-supporter” allegation against me.

There are tons of folks in this thread who follow the crowd; I don’t think I fall into that category.

Joined Jul 1, 2016
it's wild, like what if instead, a single lunatic smashed through the doors of the Capitol and started wrecking ****?

white, black, green, plaid, whatever.

one guy. armed, because some of them were. let's say, with a club, mace, and why not, a D2 steel knife.

smearing actual human feces on the walls and quacking about lynching the Vice President in the halls of Congress.

struggles with a cop who mysteriously dies of his unrelated injuries the very next day.

I'm still about 70 percent sure One Man March catches a hot one, definitely in prison for a decade if not.

be talked about in the same sentence as John Hinckley in hot breath talking head segments for a long *** time.

...but because it was thousands of people, in support of a corrupt and seditious aspiring fascist, it's pretty much fine.

I do not get it...but sadly, I do.

Joined Jan 16, 2011
...but because it was thousands of people, in support of a corrupt and seditious aspiring fascist, it's pretty much fine.
It wasn't just thousands of people.

It was thousands of white people.

There is a difference between the official narrative of the United States and the real story of how this country came to be and continues to exist, and that difference is found in the ways in which violence was legitimized (who could and who couldn't exercise it).

This is why we have that second amendment; the founding fathers didn't want to fondle their ashy, dirty muskets; they wanted to make sure that somebody would enforce the hierarchy of power they had established, because despite what they were writing in those sacred documents, they knew how inequal the society they were building was.

Last edited:

RustyShackleford

Supporter
Joined Jul 20, 2009
Sinema is trying the tank the bill

Manchin wants to make it ****ty, so he deserves all the scorn he is getting, but Sinema seems to be clearly trying to kill the entire thing with how she is acting

She won't talk to anyone but the White House, but was in active convos with House centrists trying to force a vote in the Infrastructure deal without a vote on reconciliation

She won't negotiate with fellow Senators, but she did with the Republicans for infrastructure

She said House members should not care what she does she is in the Seante. Then she fired off a statement criticizing them and Pelosi

Biden has pointed out how intractable she has been

I think she like Manchin wanted if the Dems took power she could vote no and say "f-up" to her fellow party members, and keep the donor money coming

But Bill Nelson got lazy, Cal got sleazy, and she had to pick between her donors and her party and she is picking her donors because they fawn over her.

**** like this is why I was so disappointed after the election. I knew the Dems need a buffer from these two.

There is no good reason for her to be acting like this. Mark Kelly isn't.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now