***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Discussion in 'General' started by rico x hood, Oct 4, 2012.

1. itsaboutthattime

itsaboutthattime

[​IMG]

AEA18, fargin, Sharpshoeter13 and 2 others like this.
  2. Belgium

Belgium formerly colombia

It's not my place to comment on this with respect to what rights an American should have, but as a general principle I am in favor of this.
    In Belgium we have mandatory voting duty. Convicts can lose their right to vote in certain circumstances but the judge must decide on whether to remove the convict's right to vote and if so, decide on the duration of the suspension of that convict's right to vote. In some cases the judge can impose permanent loss of that right.
    The judge has a lot of discredtion when it comes to deciding on a convict's right to vote. The upper range of a voting rights suspension would be around 10 years.

In cases where the convict's right to vote is permanently removed, it is generally accompanied with a very severe prison sentence anyway.
    Many inmates thus have voting duty just like the rest of us, though they need to take a lot more steps to meet their legal duty. Obviously they can't go to a voting booth from a prison cell, unless the prison organizes one themselves, so their voting process generally comes down to a process of authorizing a trusted contact person to vote in your name.

The fines for not honoring your legal duty to vote are no joke, especially for the poor.
    Repeated violations is definitely something you want to avoid at all costs.

dwalk31 likes this.
  3. big van vader

big van vader

Like I said before, Republicans could gaf about the rules. I really hope this is becoming clear to Democrats.

AEA18, Based Jesus, iamdef and 6 others like this.
  4. Belgium

Man am I glad we don't have such a ridiculous high cost for higher education. Personally I paid between €125 and €200 in tuition for my higher education (nursing school).
    Overall I'd say I paid around €400 in tuition and books/course material for the roughly 1,5 to 2 years I was there, until the onset of my chronic illness forced me to quit. I did not have a scholarship but did get a student grant of around €1000 due to my financial situation at the time.

Example from our world renowned Ghent University:
    Studiegeld = Tuition
    Boeken/cursussen
    = Study books/course material

Beurs
    = Scholarship
    Bijna-beurs
    = Partial scholarship
    Niet-beurs = No scholarship
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    flyeed, Nujabez, Based Jesus and 4 others like this.
  5. gry60

gry60

Why chase the college vote

when we can just ban anyone who has ever had a college ID from voting?

6. blastercombo

blastercombo

He means back when women couldn’t work and colored people sat at the back of the bus. Just the way daddy would of wanted things

johnnyredstorm likes this.
  7. boris

boris

Holy **** this is cheap. I took eight classes to change my career, and each class costs about $1900 each. I'm fortunate that my company covers most of it.

8. biggie62

biggie62

My undergrad was 160k plus in just tuition of which I had about 50k in loans as mom, grants, and scholarships covered the rest and my grad school which i self paid was another 70k with about 12k in Loans. Not even counting the commuting costs, food, books, and fees. So yea I know the struggle. Did I forget to mention my mom paid for private high school which was another 40k with all fees and such. I was on aid so let’s say out of that she still paid 32k. Grade school was 8 years of average of 1500 so another 12k plus fees.

Yea **** the way this school system works in this country. While I’m fortunate to do well it’s still crazy how much education costs. Thankful for my mom sacrificing for me like that

9. whywesteppin

whywesteppin

The Schoal I went to was 100k in rubles for just tuition. Not even counting the candles, rope, helmet w/light, and bag. So yeah I know the struggle.

Luckily the Mine had a program to work-for-loans. Twenty-five years and millions of pounds of coal later, I am now debt-free and have put away enough money for a Ford truck.

THE SYSTEM WORKS.

10. dacomeup

dacomeup

@Belgium you follow American politics enough to know that they don't want everyone to vote :lol:

Wargames and biggie62 like this.
  11. aepps20

aepps20

CJ is trying to form his own group called compassionate coal mining. His group is growing but I told him #CIVILITY is the only way forward.

12. Belgium

Oh I'm well aware of that. :lol:
    Whereas we have mandatory voting, the US is plagued by the pollar opposite; (Republican) efforts to suppress people from voting. Efforts that often disproportionately target minority groups, sometimes "with almost surgical precision" like the Judge said in North Carolina's voter ID case.

ajiiiplatinum and biggie62 like this.
  13. Belgium

fargin and itsaboutthattime like this.
  14. Belgium

Biblethumpers back at it again
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...d-to-roll-back-transgender-health-protections
    Trump poised to roll back transgender health protections
    The Trump administration appears ready to roll back health care protections for transgender people, and advocates are gearing up for a fight.

A proposed rule from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that’s expected in the coming days would make it easier for doctors, hospitals and insurance companies to deny care or coverage to transgender patients, as well as women who have had abortions.

Coming on the heels of the military transgender ban, there are fears the administration could go even further and use the proposal as an opportunity to narrow the definition of gender.

The administration hinted in a recent court filing that new health regulations could be published as soon as next week. The rule is expected to weaken or eliminate an anti-discrimination provision enshrined in ObamaCare.
    The provision says patients cannot be turned away because they are transgender, nor can they be denied coverage if they need a service that’s related to their transgender status.

Religious providers say they expect the administration’s rule to reinforce their right not to provide treatment that is against their beliefs.
    Excerpts:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

itsaboutthattime likes this.
  15. mplsdunk

mplsdunk

You should have to pass a basic test to vote. Nothing hard or racist. Just something to make sure you didn’t just eat a tide pod on ig for likes.

16. elpablo21

elpablo21

giphy.gif

AEA18, boris, Based Jesus and 13 others like this.
  17. Nike Jordan

Nike Jordan

'Memba when some people tried to claim that The Bigot™ was "more liberal" than Hillary?

I 'memba.

Nujabez, AEA18, boris and 4 others like this.
  18. itsaboutthattime

itsaboutthattime

Jared’s and trump’s boy needs to chill

@dwalk31

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  19. gry60

gry60

stuntman mike and elpablo21 like this.
  20. getback

getback

21. itsaboutthattime

itsaboutthattime

boris likes this.
  22. itsaboutthattime

itsaboutthattime

flyeed, AEA18, boris and 2 others like this.
  23. ajiiiplatinum

ajiiiplatinum

Exactly
    Americans on the right dont want to help americans with tuition but then they complain when an educated foreign born person comes to america and gets a professional job.
    Republicans and Non-progressives are hurting their own people when they fail to address the rising costs of education and tuition debt.

24. blastercombo

blastercombo

5 billion dollar hand out to farmers for getting what they voted for. I don’t want to ****ing hear a word about ****

AEA18, iamdef, Nike Jordan and 3 others like this.
  25. whywesteppin

whywesteppin

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

dd.gif

kramerout.gif

iamdef, Belgium, mplsdunk and 2 others like this.