***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Joined Dec 12, 2012
I disagree with that.

Are there some Trump supporters who don't take it seriously? Sure.

Are there some Democrats who don't take it seriously? Sure.

There are flat-earthers, conspiracy theorists, and anti-vaxxers on both sides of the aisle.

But you think daily press conferences on COVID-19, with death tolls, gave the impression that nothing serious was going on?

I watched them all and I did not get that impression.
Of course you disagree. You're defending your image. Even this response of yours is a desperate attempt to make a false equivalence.

"Also on Wednesday, the Pew Research Center released a look at how people’s sources of news about the virus correlate to their views of it. Among the sixth of respondents who identify President Trump and the White House coronavirus task force as the source of information they rely upon the most, more than half say the virus has been made into a bigger deal than it should have been — suggesting that they are less likely to be concerned about it as a health risk."

Why would that be? Is it because Donald Trump has repeatedly downplayed the threat? Is it because he has insisted coronavirus is nothing more than the flu? Is it because those press conferences make zero attempt to demonstrate how to follow social distancing guidelines? Maybe it's that Trump repeatedly attacks the press? Maybe it's that Trump doesn't urge people to follow guidelines?

RustyShackleford

Supporter
Joined Jul 20, 2009

What do you have to lose....checks notes......"your life"

aepps20

Supporter
Joined Feb 8, 2004
Never said anything like that.

It is weird how much you, and others, bring up pedophilia on here to make jokes.
What's weird is that you are the only person in the history of NT to ever cape for a Pedo. That's on you pal. DISGUSTING. Just like you want people to say Biden has a gaffe and race problem, you tied yourself in knots to not say that Roy needed to stay away from malls and the high school. All you had to say was that's not cool what Roy did but you doubled down and kept defending him under your due process scam you peddle as if people that look like Roy aren't given every benefit of the doubt under the American legal system. You as a fellow lawyer should know that. When most conservatives were running away from Roy and calling him out, you for some strange reason leaned in. #NOMORALCOMPASS

Joined Dec 30, 2006
What's weird is that you are the only person in the history of NT to ever cape for a Pedo. That's on you pal. DISGUSTING. Just like you want people to say Biden has a gaffe and race problem, you tied yourself in knots to not say that Roy needed to stay away from malls and the high school. All you had to say was that's not cool what Roy did but you doubled down and kept defending him under your due process scam you peddle as if people that look like Roy aren't given every benefit of the doubt under the American legal system. You as a fellow lawyer should know that. When most conservatives were running away from Roy and calling him out, you for some strange reason leaned in. #NOMORALCOMPASS
I never supported Roy Moore.

I think you spend so much time in character that you actually believe that nonsense.

Cool hashtag tho.

RustyShackleford

Supporter
Joined Jul 20, 2009
Hey look Biden doing something trump has never done.. unless dwalk31 dwalk31 can find his boy apologizing at some point in his life

dwalk31 dwalk31 can you post similar apologies Trump has made after he said someone problematic about black people.

Like after he "what do you have to lose"

Or retweeting racist untrue statistics on "black crime"

Or ****hole countries

Or birtherism

Or the Central Park Five.

Since you all about calling out inconsistencies today.

Joined Dec 30, 2006
dwalk31 dwalk31 can you post similar apologies Trump has made after he said someone problematic about black people.

Like after he "what do you have to lose"

Or ****hole countries

Or birtherism

Or the Central Park Five.

Since you all about calling out inconsistencies today.
I can't.

But I have said that I do not support those views and that he can and should do better with the things he says and does.

Good thing Trump didn't draft legislation that ended with mass incarceration of black people. (That was Biden).

And instead had the First Step Act, Fair Chance Act and record funding to HBCUs passed under his administration.

Biden's words and actions, with overwhelmingly support from the black community, after "my bad" is astonishing.

If Trump was getting 89% of the black vote it would certainly be a different discussion from me.

Joined Dec 15, 2012
dwalk31 dwalk31 , this is a pretty good article about what I was talking about, just more thoughtfully articulated.

basically a S&P staffer got fired for trying to sound an alarm to the senate finance committee on how rating agencies are rating CLOs (basically the same thing as the 2008 CDOs but with corporate debt instead of housing debt) saying that equity firms are just shopping for the best ratings to decrease borrowing costs and there are tons of risks in these things that don’t properly reflect their ratings. It’s about a $1.4T market so it won’t create as many issues as 2008 since there isn’t such a large synthetic derivative market, but it’s going to be a big issue and basically sounds like we didn’t learn anything from 2008.

cliffs version

F141D174-17AF-421A-9CCB-0741D2C99FC6.jpeg

Joined Dec 30, 2006
dwalk31 dwalk31 , this is a pretty good article about what I was talking about, just more thoughtfully articulated.

basically a S&P staffer got fire for trying to sound an alarm to the senate finance committee on how eating agencies are rating CLOs (basically the same thing as the 2008 CDOs but with corporate debt instead of housing debt) saying that equity firms are just shopping for the best ratings to decrease borrowing costs and there are tons of risks in these things that don’t properly reflect their ratings. It’s about a $1.4T market so it won’t create as many issues as 2008 since their isn’t such a large synthetic derivative market, but it’s going to be a big issue and basically sounds like we didn’t learn anything from 2008.

cliffs version

F141D174-17AF-421A-9CCB-0741D2C99FC6.jpeg
Thanks.

I would've repped your other post but it had a tad bit too much colorful commentary lol.

I'm going to read up on that over this long weekend.

I think you were mostly fair in your description,

RustyShackleford

Supporter
Joined Jul 20, 2009
I can't.

But I have said that I do not support those views and that he can and should do better with the things he says and does.

Good thing Trump didn't draft legislation that ended with mass incarceration of black people. (That was Biden).

And instead had the First Step Act, Fair Chance Act and record funding to HBCUs passed under his administration.

Biden's words and actions, with overwhelmingly support from the black community, after "my bad" is astonishing.

If Trump was getting 89% of the black vote it would certainly be a different discussion from me.
Mass incarceration was happening before the crime bill. The crime bill didn't cause it. Anyone that really cares about the issue would know this.

But Trump has stopped enforcement civil rights laws in most government agencies. You ignore this

He did stop consent decrees with police forces. And this

Biden while VP pushed more robust criminal justice reforms, he and Obama proposed budgets that gave more to HBCUs, and help the black community. The GOP refused it. And this

You have to go to the same old deflection because now you can't show Trump having the same amount of self awareness and morality as Biden, you have to try to make Trump seem like a friend to the black community and Biden an enemy of it in a different way.

You are just making yourself look like a partisan boot licking troll more than anything else with this struggle deflection.

Joined Dec 12, 2012
Mass incarceration was happening before the crime bill. The crime bill didn't cause it. Anyone that really cares about the issue would know this.

But Trump has stopped enforcement civil rights laws in most government agencies. You ignore this

Biden while VP pushed more robust criminal justice reforms, he and Obama proposed budgets that gave more to HBCUs, and help the black community. The GOP refused it. And this

You have to go to the same old deflection because now you can't show Trump having the same amount of self awareness and morality as Biden, you have to try to make Trump seem like a friend to the black community and Biden an enemy of it in a different way.

You are just making yourself look like a partisan boot licking troll more than anything else with this struggle deflection.
And just to add that the Trump Administration has been rolling back environmental rules and regulations, and these rollbacks often disproportionately affect minority communities.

So, it's interesting to see dwalk constantly bring up Biden being the architect of mass incarceration while ignoring everything that Trump does that will impact minority communities.

But we all know this dude has no interest in having a good-faith discussion.

Joined Dec 30, 2006

No, that's what you're doing.

Trump does not have the support of the majority of black voters.

Biden, on the other hand, is considered an architect of mass incarceration and is using the black vote to get into office.

How do you not see the difference?

And are you pointing to things done by the independent department of justice? And the legislative branch?

Joined Dec 30, 2006
And just to add that the Trump Administration has been rolling back environmental rules and regulations, and these rollbacks often disproportionately affect minority communities.

So, it's interesting to see dwalk constantly bring up Biden being the architect of mass incarceration while ignoring everything that Trump does that will impact minority communities.

But we all know this dude has no interest in having a good-faith discussion.
A great number of things disproportionately impact minority communities. No dispute from me there.

But I talk a great deal about issues impacting the black community.

And mass incarceration, in particular, has done quite a number on the black community.

That doesn't negate the importance of what you are mentioning.

Joined Dec 15, 2012
Thanks.

I would've repped your other post but it had a tad bit too much colorful commentary lol.

I'm going to read up on that over this long weekend.

I think you were mostly fair in your description,
I’m not even necessarily saying we need to make drastic changes to the current “plan” by the White House. I just think we would be much better off if we had tests more accessible and a better tracing program. We love to use South Korea as a benchmark here but the fact of the matter is Americans will never ever agree to wear monitors. There have been some countries who didn’t even lock down, but made all residents wear masks in public and they largely kept the spread of covid-19 under control. I think if we did the same we could all live a slightly more normalized live and more people in higher risks groups would be more inclined to partake in economic activities.

But as it stands now we are too macho to all wear masks and it will result in 80-90% of full economic participation which is going to lead to a gigantic debt default cycle. That’s my take on the whole thing but I don’t have an studies to show that widespread use of masks reduces the proliferation of the virus other than the few countries that have tried it and had success.

we will never be South Korea, but I think Hong Kong could be a better case study if we swallow our pride and wear a ****ing mask, but somehow even something as simple as this has become politicized.

RustyShackleford

Supporter
Joined Jul 20, 2009
No, that's what you're doing.

Trump does not have the support of the majority of black voters.

Biden, on the other hand, is considered an architect of mass incarceration and is using the black vote to get into office.

How do you not see the difference?

And are you pointing to things done by the independent department of justice? And the legislative branch?
-You are so full of ****. :lol:

So Biden gets no credit for his progressive stances later in life because the GOP blocked it. And the DOJ. and every other Departmental Secretary is defying Trump's wishes and he is not saying a peep about it causeeeeeeee why exactly?

-You say Biden is considered the architect of modern mass incineration. Even though you have admitted you can prove that he is actually is that. You use a rhetorical trick to say he is considered that by two people, so it makes it fair game to repeat that over and over.

But you take issue when people call you a Pedo supporter. If I ran around NT saying "dwalk, who is considered a proud supporter of pedofiles" you would take issue. But aepps20 aepps20 and others have called you just that. So evidence of you being considered a supporter of pedos is just as strong as Biden being considered the architect of mass incarceration.

You know what, I'll start posting that in other threads I see you in. Address you as " dwalk31 dwalk31 , who is considered a proud supporter of pedofiles". Because by your logic it is valid to make such a claim.

aepps20

Supporter
Joined Feb 8, 2004
I never supported Roy Moore.

I think you spend so much time in character that you actually believe that nonsense.

Cool hashtag tho.
I think your posts supporting Roy Moore should put you on some sort of watch list, just saying. DISGUSTING. I think you spend too much time caping for DEPLORABLES that you actually believe hurting kids is cool so long as you get an extra few bucks in your paycheck. You know what's actually cool? Fighting for the most vulnerable people and protecting kids not Pedo Racist Judges that said in response to a suggestion of eliminating all constitutional amendments after the 10th amendment "That would eliminate many problems," Moore replied. "You know people don't understand how some of these amendments have completely tried to wreck the form of government that our forefathers intended."

For a black person to support this guy is beyond me. Keep on your race to the bottom pal. Have a blessed day.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now