***Official Political Discussion Thread***

yobyellav

formerly cord15
Joined Sep 12, 2006
That gif will cause Hov to lose his nfl money.
Yeah, Tucker is looking kinda orangish....maybe they’re trying to make a switch cause trump’s health is declining. If Tucker dyes his hair, we know what it is.

Joined Dec 30, 2006
I think what slipped through the cracks in all of this is the fact that he applied for assistance while paying a $600/year annual credit card fee
Sigh

I thought we left this discussion this morning.

1. The platinum fee is 550 not 600. That is not a significant difference, but it is an exaggeration; and

2. It is a personal platinum not a business platinum.

stuntman mike

Supporter
Joined Aug 5, 2007
i showed that loan to my wife and she said let’s leave it for people that need it - it’s a finite amount and will run out. combined, we make about 200k combined so we’re not wealthy at all but we’re ok.

i’m surprised that dwalk31 dwalk31 got the money. i’m not surprised that he’s deflecting the blame on congress or not taking personal responsibility for taking money that i’m sure others who need it more, wont be able to get. i’m not judging or condemning most who did it. heck, i was gonna do it. i’m only judging dwalk because of the fake moral airs he puts on. c’mon man. i know it likely wasn’t illegal but you know others needed it much more than you.

plansb

Supporter
Joined Jan 11, 2014
i showed that loan to my wife and she said let’s leave it for people that need it - it’s a finite amount and will run out. combined, we make about 200k combined so we’re not wealthy at all but we’re ok.

i’m surprised that dwalk31 dwalk31 got the money. i’m not surprised that he’s deflecting the blame on congress or not taking personal responsibility for taking money that i’m sure others who need it more, wont be able to get. i’m not judging or condemning most who did it. heck, i was gonna do it. i’m only judging dwalk because of the fake moral airs he puts on. c’mon man. i know it likely wasn’t illegal but you know others needed it much more than you.
don’t hate the player, hate the game. :lol:

we all have known that dwalk is a greedy pig for some time now.

Joined Jan 16, 2011

Damnit Starboy

Personal Responsibility for thee, not for meee!!!

They supported Donald Trump. They apologized for his BS. They apologized for his "the judge shouldn't be a judge because his parents were from Mexico" racism.

Now, they want to complain about the people who are merely repeating the words of their lord and savior?

**** em. Sincerely.

Joined Jan 16, 2011
Looks like even US colleges and universities won't recover from his administration.

International students account for a tiny number of the college body, but each one of them subsidizes 1 or two American kids (if we're only talking about tuition).

And let's not even talk about the harm to the reputation of these institutions; let's not talk about the technological advantage that will be lost as a result of diminishing cooperation between US universities and other institutions.

yobyellav

formerly cord15
Joined Sep 12, 2006

This....don’t care that he got it, but I chuckled that he’s the same guy who says **** like some aide that the govt provides is too much and keeps people reliant by allowing them to stay on it too long. Not illegal, but blurs the lines of morality. That said, I make a decent amount on DraftKings. Can I apply since Covid ended the b-ball season??

:rofl::rofl:

Joined Dec 30, 2006

Fair enough.

Just to clarify, I got the 1k grant. I didn't get some large EIDL sba loan at a low interest rate, or the ppp loan.

That said, as I mentioned earlier I think that someone's personal ethics can certainly create a legitimate critique of someone receiving the grant if they already make x amount. I can't really dispute the personal ethics argument. I do think fraud accusations, etc. are a step too far. And I think that the gripe is more responsibly placed at the foot of congress and the sba.

But I must say that I disagree re: "fake moral airs."

I won't engage in the who does what olympics but I know the causes that I have dedicated myself to throughout the years. The things I say come from a genuine place (for the most part unless I am clearly being sarcastic or trying to be funny).

I know that I likely won't change the minds of many in here but I legitimately find value in hearing and understanding the opposing perspectives. Even if it is often directed at me in a disrespectful way, because I truly understand the frustration.

stuntman mike

Supporter
Joined Aug 5, 2007
yeah dwalk31 dwalk31 i don’t know enough about it to call it fraud. i have over 1k in stockx sales last year so in my mind, i was good to go lol but when my wife put it the way she did, i just dropped it and my dream of buying those strangelove sbs disappeared faster than RustyShackleford RustyShackleford ’s unc 3’s.

i also don’t know what you did with the money so i’m not going too hard with the critique. it just seemed funny to me that of all people, you got the money that i’m sure could have helped some poor dude out of a jam in these difficult times (for some).

RustyShackleford

Supporter
Joined Jul 20, 2009

The most disgusting thins about this is that Delk preaches rugged individualism for everyone else, but look at him finessing a stack out of the government.

Trump cutting social safety net, he is cool with it

He says black people show have less welfare programs available to them

He wants people in need not to rely on government assistance, but instead rely on charitable donations from individuals

People should pick themselves up by their boots straps without needing a government handout, but since because he can't flip some AF1s on StockX like he is used to, he deserves 1K.

Peak scumbag behavior wrapped up in a blanket of hypocrisy.

RustyShackleford

Supporter
Joined Jul 20, 2009
yeah dwalk31 dwalk31 i don’t know enough about it to call it fraud. i have over 1k in stockx sales last year so in my mind, i was good to go lol but when my wife put it the way she did, i just dropped it and my dream of buying those strangelove sbs disappeared faster than RustyShackleford RustyShackleford ’s unc 3’s.

i also don’t know what you did with the money so i’m not going too hard with the critique. it just seemed funny to me that of all people, you got the money that i’m sure could have helped some poor dude out of a jam in these difficult times (for some).
UNC 3s in my size going for $400 on StockX.

Da dream is dead...

Last edited:
Joined Feb 8, 2004

I'm judging you based on this post. You had a chance to end broke bois, clown 🤡 dudes and ugly guys once and for all if you took the money and you didn't take it. It sounds like da LIBCLOWN-44 virus made its way to Hawaii and I'm disgusted.

Joined Dec 30, 2006
The most disgusting thins about this is that Delk preaches rugged individualism for everyone else, but look at him finessing a stack out of the government.

Trump cutting social safety net, he is cool with it

He says black people show have less welfare programs available to them

He wants people in need not to rely on government assistance, but instead rely on charitable donations from individuals

People should pick themselves up by their boots straps without needing a government handout, but since because he can't flip some AF1s on StockX like he is used to, he deserves 1K.

Peak scumbag behavior wrapped up in a blanket of hypocrisy.
I don't critique the recipients; I critique Congress.

There is no doubt that there is an issue with how congress and the SBA rolled this out. I have no issue critiquing them for that.

And I don't say welfare funding should be removed. Instead, I have advocated shorter term limits and shifting the funding source. That is hardly saying "pull yourself up by your bootstraps."

I personally think churches and other donors should come together and pour more into their communities. I think that it will help with black economic empowerment and help to create stronger senses of pride.

But, as usual, you shift what I say to fit your narrative.

Joined Dec 15, 2012
I don't critique the recipients; I critique Congress.

There is no doubt that there is an issue with how congress and the SBA rolled this out. I have no issue critiquing them for that.

And I don't say welfare funding should be removed. Instead, I have advocated shorter term limits and shifting the funding source. That is hardly saying "pull yourself up by your bootstraps."

I personally think churches and other donors should come together and pour more into their communities. I think that it will help with black economic empowerment and help to create stronger senses of pride.

But, as usual, you shift what I say to fit your narrative.
Do you ever take personal responsibility for anything or is your basic human response programmed to deflect, deflect, and deflect some more?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now