***Official Political Discussion Thread***

RustyShackleford

Supporter
Joined Jul 20, 2009
I don't critique the recipients; I critique Congress.

There is no doubt that there is an issue with how congress and the SBA rolled this out. I have no issue critiquing them for that.

And I don't say welfare funding should be removed. Instead, I have advocated shorter term limits and shifting the funding source. That is hardly saying "pull yourself up by your bootstraps."

I personally think churches and other donors should come together and pour more into their communities. I think that it will help with black economic empowerment and help to create stronger senses of pride.

But, as usual, you shift what I say to fit your narrative.
Bubs you are full of ****, and many other things. Being a scammer is just adding to the pile

Joined Apr 29, 2020
The most disgusting thins about this is that Delk preaches rugged individualism for everyone else, but look at him finessing a stack out of the government.

Trump cutting social safety net, he is cool with it

He says black people show have less welfare programs available to them

He wants people in need not to rely on government assistance, but instead rely on charitable donations from individuals

People should pick themselves up by their boots straps without needing a government handout, but since because he can't flip some AF1s on StockX like he is used to, he deserves 1K.

Peak scumbag behavior wrapped up in a blanket of hypocrisy.
Dwalk:

****-gif-10.gif

Joined Dec 15, 2012
The most disgusting thins about this is that Delk preaches rugged individualism for everyone else, but look at him finessing a stack out of the government.

Trump cutting social safety net, he is cool with it

He says black people show have less welfare programs available to them

He wants people in need not to rely on government assistance, but instead rely on charitable donations from individuals

People should pick themselves up by their boots straps without needing a government handout, but since because he can't flip some AF1s on StockX like he is used to, he deserves 1K.

Peak scumbag behavior wrapped up in a blanket of hypocrisy.
Not to mention blasting regulations as being bad while simultaneously taking a $1,000 grant while blaming the government for a lack of regulations on the program.

"Trump has done a great job rolling back regulations during his first four years."

"This is congresses fault, there should have been more regulations in place."

When you reach the depths of hypocrisy in the level in which he gone to, you no longer take responsibility for anything. When it gets to that point it doesn't even bother you that someone is likely not getting a meal because of your actions.

Joined May 14, 2002
When I see people trying to talk about how they are voting for Jo Jorgeson because she’s the candidate that “alligns most with their values” I just see it as “I don’t want to look like I support Trump, but I know a vote for her is a vote for a Trump.”

Methodical Management

Staff member
Co-Founder
Joined Dec 8, 1999
dwalk31 dwalk31 people are calling for Ilan Omar to resign from congress, and go back to Somalia because she’s speaking about dismantling systems of inequality :lol:

Republicans:

What was actually said:

If "dismantling the whole system of oppression" threatens "American values", what does that say about "American values?"

It's almost as if they're admitting that this country was built on oppression.

And I don't say welfare funding should be removed. Instead, I have advocated shorter term limits and shifting the funding source.
Why?

That is hardly saying "pull yourself up by your bootstraps."
Until you reach the term limit.

Joined Aug 5, 2017
When I see people trying to talk about how they are voting for Jo Jorgeson because she’s the candidate that “alligns most with their values” I just see it as “I don’t want to look like I support Trump, but I know a vote for her is a vote for a Trump.”
This!

These guys are the worst. Jo Jorgenson is a college professor who garnered a measeley 2.2% of votes in a congressional election, her only foray into the political world. Supporting her is a vote for the status quo, which is exactly what they claim to be avoiding. It is the ultimate gutless move.

I understand the need for a legit 3rd party, but these jokers gotta do better than Jo Jorgenson.

Joined Jun 28, 2004
If "dismantling the whole system of oppression" threatens "American values", what does that say about "American values?"

It's almost as if they're admitting that this country was built on oppression.

Why?

Until you reach the term limit.
This reminds me of the memes that defend the confederate flag by pointing out that under the stars and bars there was four years of slavery while under the Stars and Stripes, there was eighty-nine years of slavery. Then there’s the rhetorical question “should we tear down the American flag?” To which I cannot help but answer with,

F216C43F-923A-4054-9A6D-5FA9ACB5BE57.png

Joined Jun 28, 2004
I repeat, Beto O'Rourke is a ****ing idiot.

Dude could have been president in 2029 if he wasn't so thirsty to be it in 2021.
I imagine he could run in 2024 and if we have a new voting rights act by then combined with his name ID and Texas’ demographics, he’d have a fairly easy time.

Joined Jul 16, 2017
Silly liberals are losing their **** about a great American that owns the WNBA team “Atlanta Dream”

how dare you guys go against a woman who has gone against the system of oppression to own a professional sports team. Also she is pro Mexicans bc she named the team the Dreamers.

this is why we can’t have nice things.

Joined Jun 28, 2004
Republicans be like "Hey poor White person that works at Piggly Wiggly for $8 an hour and lives in a 300 sq foot apartment! These democrats are coming for everything you work hard for! Don't allow them to tear down our society! Capitalist oppression isn't real!"
To be fair, the really poor people generally don’t vote. It’s more likely the white guy who really did have to work and sacrifice to eventually end up making a few dollars more than minimum wage, who is the one who votes Republican and is in full on last place avoidance mode and therefore needs women and LGBT and PoC and poor “burger flippers,” to look down upon.

Joined May 23, 2005

:lol:

The atom was split by a New Zealander, Alexander Graham Bell was Scottish, Tim Berners-Lee was English, both WWs were huge multinational efforts.

I’m not sure I’d be bragging about genocide but the moon thing was impressive (unless you worry about the use of Nazi technology?)
i hope u retweed this response
it would def go viral

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now