***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Joined Dec 12, 2012
It is kinda amazing that throughout all this the main takeaway are:

-Rudy is probably a Russian agent
-Russia is desperate to help Trump
-Hunter Biden is kinda a **** up
-Joe Biden is an amazing father.

It really struck with me at the last debate, when Trump was ****ting on Hunter, Joe's first reaction was not to go back at Trump but to instead reassure his son that he loves him and he is proud of him, no matter his issues.
Yeah, even these leaked text messages just sound like he's a good dad that's supporting his son through addiction.

And **** Trump for trying to tear anyone down for struggling with addiction. Especially when there are allegations this fool abuses stimulants.

Joined Jul 18, 2013
It is kinda amazing that throughout all this the main takeaway are:

-Rudy is probably a Russian agent
-Russia is desperate to help Trump
-Hunter Biden is kinda a **** up
-Joe Biden is an amazing father.

It really struck with me at the last debate, when Trump was ****ting on Hunter, Joe's first reaction was not to go back at Trump but to instead reassure his son that he loves him and he is proud of him, no matter his issues.
As someone whose father....isn't that great, that was such a dope moment to see and that's the father I aspire to be when my time to don the mantle of fatherhood comes.

Not that my father's a bad guy, he's certainly supportive, verbally, monetarily in the past, all that.
He just wasn't physically there often. Part of that was, and still is, living in separate countries.
Part of that was a personal choice and just who he is.

But Joe man that **** was beautiful.

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Yeah, even these leaked text messages just sound like he's a good dad that's supporting his son through addiction.

And **** Trump for trying to tear anyone down for struggling with addiction. Especially when there are allegations this fool abuses stimulants.
Exactly! And especially since the report was his brother who recently passed, struggled with his own addiction of being a serious & long time alcoholic. Does he have no compassion for anyone?!! Probably not!! He's just a horrible freaking person!!

aepps20

Supporter
Joined Feb 8, 2004
As someone whose father....isn't that great, that was such a dope moment to see and that's the father I aspire to be when my time to don the mantle of fatherhood comes.

Not that my father's a bad guy, he's certainly supportive, verbally, monetarily in the past, all that.
He just wasn't physically there often. Part of that was, and still is, living in separate countries.
Part of that was a personal choice and just who he is.

But Joe man that **** was beautiful.
Does your father know you're a conservative now? My relationship with my father changed when he found out I voted Republican down the ticket.

Joined Jan 16, 2011
I spoke on that. And said that it was wild and ridiculous and even cited the Michelle Obama post as the final straw.

Also mentioned that I shouldn't be grouped with those dudes.

They sounded more like the "satirical" posts in here than any post from me.

Let's not rewrite history and pretend like I condoned what those folks were doing. They were rightly banned in my opinion--good riddance.
"Your actions are so loud, I can't hear what you're saying"

RustyShackleford

Supporter
Joined Jul 20, 2009
Rasmussen has a right wing slant.
This

Plus dude is kinda loony, from what I am seeing. He is ranting about parents keeping their kids home, and Fauci being corrupt. And his "sources" giving him inside info

Dude's position is that Trump will do better in 2020 than he did in 2016.

Joined Sep 21, 2012
this is THEE most republican thing

7 kids. Probably all missionary.

Reminds me of Ozark when Marty slapped his wifes *** (probably for the first time) cuz he saw it done to her on her sex tape when shecwas cheating on him. She was so shocked :lol:

aye what happens if the US pays off all its debt? seriously. anybody know?

Joined Aug 24, 2017
Trump supporters on Twitter are so corny :lol: they try to grab at straws anytime Biden does anything. Dude flipped a DQ Blizzard upside in a video clip and MAGA town is saying he's losing it. Which is insane to me because I feel like Dairy Queen is where MAGAs go for special occasions yet the Blizzard flip seems foreign to them.

Methodical Management

Staff member
Co-Founder
Joined Dec 8, 1999

This was a long but interesting read
Yeah, but think of the leverage.

It is not a 500B infusion. The 500B number is from them saying they will pass an infrastructure bill, which will make available 500B in government contracts. 500B is not going to black communities. He is basically saying the infrastructure bill he has been promising for 3.5 years will finally be passed, and it will help black people.

There is a 400B number, but that has to do with a smaller government investment leading to private entities lending up to 400B to black own business.

Trump didn't put 500B on the table as Cube suggested.
That's a very important point.

If anyone is still gullible enough to think Donald Trump of all people is going to designate $500 billion to Black Americans specifically, ask yourself: why is his administration fighting affirmative action tooth and nail?

This is the man who said - on television - that "a well-educated Black" has "an actual advantage today." You really think he's going to support a compensatory policy to address the racial wealth gap?

If you want a preview of what might actually happen, a better reference is Kushner's "Economic Opportunity Zones" program, which is just government-subsidized gentrification, or Trump's perpetually imminent ACA replacement.

If anything, what you're going to get will be a cash giveaway to banks and private developers, who will pervert the purpose of the funding to ultimately exploit and potentially displace its intended beneficiaries, just as Bush-era regulatory modifications allowed and incentivized banks to issue predatory loans like exploding ARMs to borrowers of color to satisfy their CRA obligations.

I spoke on that. And said that it was wild and ridiculous and even cited the Michelle Obama post as the final straw.

Also mentioned that I shouldn't be grouped with those dudes.

They sounded more like the "satirical" posts in here than any post from me.

Let's not rewrite history and pretend like I condoned what those folks were doing. They were rightly banned in my opinion--good riddance.
Where? Oh, right: you can't be bothered to substantiate your own claims.

For those interested, here's the page where the mask slipped and the users shifted from "both sides" double standards to FashBook memes: https://niketalk.com/threads/official-political-discussion-thread.509493/page-8760

When the offensive content was removed, this also resulted in the removal of posts that directly quoted said content. When browsing through these pages, you might reasonably wonder, what if dwalk31 dwalk31 did issue a stinging denunciation of these users, but it got caught in the sweep?

Wonder no more: none of dwalk31 dwalk31 's posts were removed. What you see is all you get.

It should surprise absolutely no one that your concerns were largely, if not exclusively, self-interested:
I shouldn’t be lumped together with those folks.
Wow, you really let them have it.

You were active in the thread the entire time, but that post and tapping the "like" button when they got banned was all the courage you could manage.

This is the closest post I could find to a direct condemnation, and it happened three days later:
Than the posters who are making seemingly racist posts and posting highly offensive memes and gifs?

I don’t do those things.

Also, RustyShackleford RustyShackleford RustyShackleford RustyShackleford showed that one of them was white which makes the posts even more offensive. I’m black, so that’s another glaring difference.

I don’t mind agreeing to disagree with people or engaging in discourse. What those posters were doing was not even close to that (which is remarkable considering how much leeway is given normally in here). The one post about former First Lady Obama was the line, for me.
I assume that heavily delayed "sigh" is the searing rebuke you were thinking of. It's so much more vigorous and timely than any liberal's condemnation of the 1994 crime bill that Biden has since apologized for and William Barr seemingly still supports.

Incidentally, I'd be interested to see how you could operationalize "racism" so as to include their memes and exclude Trump's rhetoric and policies.

Are the transphobic Michelle Obama memes that you believe "crossed the line" categorically distinct from "Ilhan Omar hates America and married her brother to get citizenship" allegation made directly by Trump himself?

Don't worry: you shouldn't require the search feature to answer this one. Unless, that is, you want to make sure your forthcoming definition of racism squares with the one you offered us previously.

Joined Nov 16, 2018
@wr

I want you to take just 30 mins of your time...and watch this (starts at the 44:45)

Cube even kinda admits to being played. But then falls back onto “both sides”.

Anybody who honestly watches this exchange, can tell you what the real is.
"Keep up the good work" is some insulting stuff :lol: I'm at 1:11:21 now & Roland's patience has been extremely commendable. Cube (like many other) is completely wrong & will continue to b/c they don't want to learn.

Also, something I realized about hoteps is that they never include the same Black women they claim to care about. They also exclude other Black's that don't fit their ideals of a Black person (man) such as the gays, trans, etc. It's trash, disingenuous, & extremely ethnocentric.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now