-should africans owe land/reparations to us african americans

Discussion in 'General' started by JetsfanQ, Jun 12, 2019.

1. JetsfanQ

JetsfanQ

tonight show ,from both sides

2. atlsfinest

atlsfinest

Gimme the cliffs. We ain't about to watch a 2 and half hour radio show :rofl:

va757va, getback, jape and 3 others like this.
  3. JetsfanQ

JetsfanQ

U can voice your opinion on the topic at hand the video was just extra...should africans kick out reparations or “the white man”...

4. htg designs

htg designs

Africans sold is out. White man ****ed us up. Hell, why not both.

Lonnie-Mark and wr like this.
  5. AIR J XIII

AIR J XIII

Our people need to get out of the mindset that anyone owes us anything.

"Fairness" doesn't exist as it pertains to our people. The sooner our people can accept this, we can start to learn to make power moves, and be in position to ENFORCE the way our people are treated.

6. blackintellect

blackintellect

lol.....

7. AZwildcats

AZwildcats

Which African country are they expecting to pay reparations? Does this policy apply to the black people in the Caribbean, Central and South America?

Whole convo is a waste of time and thought

8. nawghtyhare

nawghtyhare

I ain’t getting into this
    They ain’t bout to put me against my fellow black man
    Regardless what continent they on

9. wr

wr

[

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  10. sooperhooper

sooperhooper

Africa didn't do is wrong. Colonizers did. If anything the government owes the ancestors of those that were exploited. I don't see it happening ever though.

11. brogods

brogods

Hell no

/thread

12. enlightenedespot

enlightenedespot

Some should understand that during the early generations of the transatlantic slave trade the word Black didnt even exist. The concept of race didnt exist. Black africans didnt consider those they sold as their people but prisoners of war.

Aint no culture that hasnt sold their own race in history. British gonna go after Nordic countries? Berbers against Arabs?

gry60, juice man, AIR J XIII and 3 others like this.
  13. smedroc

smedroc

I know some brothers that have gone back and started businesses in Africa.

That's the way to go imo. Go make you're own way if you feel you have a claim to the land.

14. enlightenedespot

enlightenedespot

Bruh, the richest nation on earth cant afford to give reparations to their own citizens, cats waiting on poverity stricken African nations to give anything are trippin

15. John Wick

John Wick formerly jayzonmytoes

crazy how we cant talk reparations or dont believe it will happen for african american folks

But the germans have paid the jewish people billions of dollars in reparations for the holocaust

debso and numbah1grimey like this.
  16. robtoofresco

robtoofresco

Apples and oranges. Both tragedies but different circumstances.

The Jewish people had an entire country created for them as a refugee state, backed by the most powerful country, where they could make such reparation demands. They did this within 10 years of the war ending so I’m assuming the reparations went to actual Holocaust survivors.

The transatlantic slave trade went on for multiple generations and in this instance, the most powerful country took part and benefited from this tragedy. AA’s don’t have a superpower to support them. Also, the actual people who literally suffered from slavery are long gone. Not to mention like @AZwildcats said, what about all the black people in other countries? I’m not saying I think AA people don’t deserve reparations because the effects of slavery are still felt to this day but the two situations are different in context.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  17. enlightenedespot

enlightenedespot

Lets do some math. There are 13 million jews worldwide. There are 45 million blacks in the US alone. Take out africans and carribean folks and you got 37 million.

Now give everyone 60k. Thats 2,220,000,000,000.

**** waiting on that.

Lemme get universal healthcare, free college, student loan forgiveness, fair loaning practices, a federal ban on redlining (still happens) etc

I would want the benefits of a level playing field.

18. calibeebee

calibeebee

Bruh we don’t even wanna give 9/11 first responders extra benefits.

voidemperor and wr like this.
  19. johnnyredstorm

johnnyredstorm

Why can’t we just focus on funding communities and building them up to give people better opportunity to grow and prosper? Instead of gentrification forcing everyone out why not create a system that allows it to happen but everyone stays. Create programs for affordable quality education, job training, etc.

enlightenedespot likes this.
  20. John Wick

John Wick formerly jayzonmytoes

Sad but true. I know Jon Stewart is an actor of some sort but he put on a show for the congress.

and aint **** still gon happen smh

calibeebee likes this.
  21. numbah1grimey

numbah1grimey

Exactly. You gotta take it in blood. Take what’s yours. Stop complaining and whining

debso likes this.
  22. numbah1grimey

numbah1grimey

Long gone? WTF. “The two situations are different?” Dawg, you sound like an IMBECILE.

The days are “long gone” but you’ve got CURRENT white Americans still benefiting from slavery to this day. You had the audacity to say that nonsense bruh.

You need your face spat it.

Those days are long gone, yet white people are still benefiting off of it. 100, 200+ year old US businesses are still looming off slavery.................

23. numbah1grimey

numbah1grimey

Cowards don’t want to see Black Americans with them big funds. Jealousy bro, smh. They’ve always been jealous, imagine us with money OUR ancestors broke their back for.....

debso likes this.
  24. numbah1grimey

numbah1grimey

You say that now, you’d be lining up for that 60 racks. Yeah right. How about your 60k AND healthcare, loan forgiveness, ban on redlining, etc.

You’d take them 60k in a heartbeat

25. robtoofresco

robtoofresco

:stoneface:

You need to read and then re-read what I posted. I specifically said the two situations are different in HOW REPARATIONS were handled and THE CONTEXT BEHIND THOSE REPARATIONS . I NEVER said anything about one party deserving it and the other doesn’t. I simply outlined the differences between the two.

Again, in regards to reparation differences between Holocaust survivors and AA, I said the Jewish people had powers act on there behalf WITHIN 10 YEARS of the end of WW2 so a lot of those who DIRECTLY SUFFERED from it, were given reparations. In that situation, they had literal refugees benefiting from what happened to them.

VERSUS AA, who have not had ANY POWER act on there behalf since the “end” of slavery. I said that ACTUAL SLAVES, AS IN THE PEOPLE WHO WERE WHIPPED, TREATED INHUMANE AND FORCED TO WORK FOR PEOPLE AGAINST THEIR WILL ARE LONG GONE AKA LONG DEAD. NOT that the effects of slavery are long gone.

And I literally ****ing said in that quote you selectively read:
    So again, :stoneface: .

Wash your face before you call anyone an imbecile.

AZwildcats likes this.