*** The Chronic Pain Thread ***

Joined May 9, 2004
This is inspired by some of the mental health subjects i’ve been seeing in general forums.

That and popularity of the washed thread :lol:

Of course our physical wellbeing plays a huge part in how we are doing mentally and i know chronic pain is a beast a lot of people have to face.

Thought it could be useful for people to sound off, offer advice or to suggest potential avenues for pain management/treatment.
I myself have been dealing with some TMJD issues for the past couple years. Thankfully i’m in a good spot at present (no pain) and believe i have found the root cause of the issue.

Joined Apr 5, 2012
This video and this man - Dr John Sarno - saved my life. It’s a fundamentally different approach to pain. Live life and not life in fear of the pain anymore. For me it was lower back pain. But could also be anything - shoulder pain, carpal tunnel etc

Joined Feb 19, 2018

I have herniated discs four times since 18 (first resulting in surgery). This occurred twice in 2019; the first time getting out of bed (inactive at the time), and the second resulting from torsioned movements during conditioning.

I have since healed, but it's damned if you do, damned if you don't so I am trying to take approach in the video I posted.

Joined Nov 2, 2006
This video and this man - Dr John Sarno - saved my life. It’s a fundamentally different approach to pain. Live life and not life in fear of the pain anymore. For me it was lower back pain. But could also be anything - shoulder pain, carpal tunnel etc

Experienced lower back and neck pain in my 20s. Went on for years. Was most excruciating pain that would come on randomly.
It went away its own. It wasnt til years later I realized that it was correlated with an extemely toxic situation and the most stressful time in my life.

Then I learned about Dr. Sarno and it all made sense.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now