The Future of Nike Basketball "Rumors"

Joined Mar 18, 2012
no kobe 9? are they serious about this? kobe line series always debut at the end of the year and last year we finally see the preview of kobe 8 around august/sept. that article looks like didn't have much credible info/sources.

Joined Mar 31, 2013
Who do you guys think will have the next signature shoe? I thought Russell Westbrook but he's with Jordan now.

Joined Jul 22, 2012
no kobe 9? are they serious about this? kobe line series always debut at the end of the year and last year we finally see the preview of kobe 8 around august/sept. that article looks like didn't have much credible info/sources.
That's what I was thinking.  I thought they already announced that the Kobe's weren't gonna drop until Christmas time.    It makes sense for them to give Lebron his own line. 

Joined Mar 18, 2012
That's what I was thinking.  I thought they already announced that the Kobe's weren't gonna drop until Christmas time.    It makes sense for them to give Lebron his own line. 
yup that has potential for it mainly if lebron can continue his 'monster' performance next season and become 3 times champ :x

next sign athlete i'm gonna say either paul george or kyrie irving, both have potential

Joined Nov 27, 2012
I just hope they bring back REAL LEATHER because the prices are insane for the banana slices they feeding us...sorry guys IMO

Joined Feb 16, 2006
Was thinking about this the other day. Nike needs to find a way to steal CP3 or RW back from Jordan Brand.

A James Harden sig could work, but idk if there's anyone else in the league that can push a signature shoe line.

Steph maybe?

Last edited:
Joined Jul 22, 2012
Was thinking about this the other day. Nike needs to find a way to steal CP3 or RW back from Jordan Brand.

A James Harden sig could work, but idk if there's anyone else in the league that can push a signature shoe line.

Steph maybe?
After thinking about it for a while here is my list of players I think could be successful with their own Nike signature line

Kyrie Irving/ He's only 21 and top 10 pg already.   Only issue is that he can't seem to stay healthy. 

James Harden/ He's gonna turn 24 in August and he has developed into a top 15 to 20 player in the NBA. Plus he plays in a big market. 

Paul George/ 23 years old and has potential to develop into a superstar.  

Stephen Curry/  25 and is one of the best pure shooters in the game. 

Bradley Beal/ Only 19 years old and showed some promise in his rookie season.   He could potentially become a star in a year or 2.

Kawhi Leonard/ Gonna be 22 in a week.  If he continues to do what he did in the finals he's gonna develop into a superstar. Don't know if he's with Nike or JB though.

Anthony Davis/ Only 20 years old and has the potential to develop into a superstar. 

Last edited:

midnitegreen

formerly austin066
Joined Feb 3, 2006
i like the Paul George or Kyrie ideas. Harden is good but he has a little bit of an old man's game. Curry is good too but i don't think he's that marketable (shooter, ankle problems, looks like he's 15). Davis has a lot of potential but i don't see people running to stores to buy that goofy lookin dude's shoes.

Zoom Wiggins 1

Joined Jul 22, 2012
i like the Paul George or Kyrie ideas. Harden is good but he has a little bit of an old man's game. Curry is good too but i don't think he's that marketable (shooter, ankle problems, looks like he's 15). Davis has a lot of potential but i don't see people running to stores to buy that goofy lookin dude's shoes.

Zoom Wiggins 1
Yeah I agree about Davis I just named him since he's young and sponsored by Nike.  I think the only guys I named that have a real chance at getting their own signature shoe is Irving, Harden, George, or Curry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now