The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Silva's Last Fight vs Hall- SAT 10/31 @4PM on ESPN+

Joined Nov 5, 2012
Izzy ain’t lying about the persona colby plays compared to what he joked about and he saying Costa submitted to him in that meet up at the hotel. He’s playing this nicely

He looks healthy I don’t think he’ll have to cut much weight at least that’s what it looks

SORIANOTRON

Formerly 'sorianotron'
Joined Feb 16, 2011
I’d like to see him against olivera....depending on how he does I think we’ll have a better idea of where he stand in the UFC

Joined Aug 30, 2012
Olivera might expose him. That’s the wrong guy to give him at LW!!
Felder seems or Dariush seem more like safer propositions.

Don’t have that dude drown in the deep part of the pool.

Joined Aug 30, 2012
According to MMA News Outlet, the last fight card (on ESPN+ I might add) had one million unique viewers. So it’s difficult to ascertain if he’s a draw or not. The last time he was on tv against Lawler, it didn’t do high numbers.

I’ll say that Dana isn’t pushing that ish in videos and promotion. But he’s probably more known than say Usman (who hurt himself that last fight).

But unless you’re Conor, Khabib, JBJ, Izzy, you’re a no name and aren’t truly drawing fans. It’s the model. You have to make your own buzz.

And that’s why Colby does it. He’s trying to draw those alt right. Or he’s trying to play a heel as he continues to spout his very racist rhetoric. He was going to get cut and was like this sort of worked for Chael. Let me hitch it on the most polarizing figure in America. Donald Trump.

I sort of want Edwards to fight him just to shut him up. Or anyone shut him up.

Last edited:
Joined Nov 5, 2012
The thing is Colby has proven over and over again since almost getting cut that he is one of the best in the world. He has put in the work and is factually an elite fighter. His job has been safe for a long time now

There's nothing that's making him stick with this act, or I should say his job doesn't depend on it. He could have literally adopted 99% of anything else since then and it would be perfectly fine

Joined Aug 30, 2012
Lets be real. He’s got a h o e mentality. Straight up. How fake he is? The paid models? The Conor like fashion sense.

Joined May 6, 2015
I know it has been discussed before but couldn't remember when, what are your guys' go to MMA podcasts? The DC and Helwani pod is beyond corny. Used to listen to Ariel's show a good amount before he made the jump to ESPN where it's become very watered down.

Joined Oct 8, 2007
On occasion I have been listening to Weight In Podcast with Big John McCarthy and Josh Thompson. It's a pretty straight forward podcast on MMA but if you only want to hear the technical opinions from them, it's a decent listen. I tried listening to DC and Ariel too but something about it is just lackluster. I don't even try and listen to Bisbing and Dan Hardy's podcast. I hope Joe Rogan gets an MMA figher on his Podcast cause I enjoy him the most.

Joined Nov 5, 2012
I know it has been discussed before but couldn't remember when, what are your guys' go to MMA podcasts? The DC and Helwani pod is beyond corny. Used to listen to Ariel's show a good amount before he made the jump to ESPN where it's become very watered down.
Unfortunately one of my favorite shows also got watered down because they got bought by showtime: morning kombat.. it’s still good but it used to be much much better

Mma roadshow is also good
Just search anything within the mmafighting.com umbrella- those are usually good

A few pods that were really good got cancelled

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now