The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Washington Slurs Finally Change Name To Washington Sex Traffickers

Joined Mar 30, 2007
Ain’t hard to see gurley ain’t the same player he was.. he has had knee issues since he was at georgia

it’s a damn shame, but it’s just the nature of the sport and especially that position

also the list is kinda light on oline

Joined Mar 30, 2007
Gurley was 20th in rushing yards, only he, David Montgomery and Sony Michel were in the top 20 of rushing yards and under 4 yards per

in the top 50 the only other guys under 4 yards per were: kerryon Johnson, Benny snell, Peyton barber, Royce freeman, frank gore, Melvin Gordon, devonta freeman and leveon

and he was 195th in receiving yards

Joined Mar 29, 2020
Gurley was 20th in rushing yards, only he, David Montgomery and Sony Michel were in the top 20 of rushing yards and under 4 yards per

in the top 50 the only other guys under 4 yards per were: kerryon Johnson, Benny snell, Peyton barber, Royce freeman, frank gore, Melvin Gordon, devonta freeman and leveon

and he was 195th in receiving yards

I'm not arguing with you, again maybe the fact that they're not taking the list overly seriously is a refreshing change of discourse.

We gonna discount the whole survey of opinions because Todd Gurley getting some love off his face card? :lol:

Joined Jan 30, 2010
Damn, remember being on my lunch break few years back and scanning thru the radio stations on the quick trip to grab some food and Mo was on there...The radio dudes had the same question as me why some lil kid was calling in to talk sports at like 1pm on a Tuesday :lol: ...Yo loved all the Baltimore teams and really kept up wit em, RIP to him

Joined Mar 14, 2010
I’ll take the players vote over the media and fans ANY DAY. They actually gotta step on the field and play these guys.

Where Dak???! oh..... but he want 40 million? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joined Mar 30, 2007
I’ll take the players vote over the media and fans ANY DAY. They actually gotta step on the field and play these guys.
if the media and fans had to vote on this thing, you think the super bowl MVP going finish 4th?

I mean practically speaking, how many 1sts you think the ravens would have to add with Lamar to even get the chiefs to entertain trading mahomes?

you think Todd gurley making the list?

I mean ain’t a lot going on, so at least it’s something.. but don’t mean we should really be putting a lot of stock in it

Joined Mar 14, 2010
if the media and fans had to vote on this thing, you think the super bowl MVP going finish 4th?

I mean practically speaking, how many 1sts you think the ravens would have to add with Lamar to even get the chiefs to entertain trading mahomes?

you think Todd gurley making the list?

I mean ain’t a lot going on, so at least it’s something.. but don’t mean we should really be putting a lot of stock in it
They vote in like November. Mahomes missed like 4 games. Ya’ll act like chiefs blew out the 49ers. The Ravens were the SB favorites going into the playoffs.

of course mahomes has the most arm talent in the NFL. Far and away. Lamar had a historical season too. Even though mahomes had one the year prior. He’ll be #1 again. Let Mar get his shine.

#HomeTeam
#BrowardCounty
#FloridaBoy

Mar forever my guy :pimp: :pimp:

jordan aint win MVP every season. Lamar had a better regular season. Probably though cause mahomes missed games.

Joined Dec 31, 2012
The word of the players over everything.

Also, this list was made BEFORE the playoffs.

With that being the case Lamar is absolutely #1. He did silly **** for 15 games straight up to that point, and so did Mahomes but he missed a good portion of the season up to that point.

I also think it's clear that the players are taking a holistic approach to this list. Should Gurly, Fitz, or even Odell been on this list as best players of 2019, maybe not, but they are respected amongst their peers and that's what this list is about.

Joined Jan 2, 2010
How the hell Mahomes rank #4?? :lol:

Son is a mutant at QB fresh off a SB.

Also, this list was made BEFORE the playoffs.

With that being the case Lamar is absolutely #1. He did silly **** for 15 games straight up to that point, and so did Mahomes but he missed a good portion of the season up to that point.
Oh ok. Mahomes still had a 50 TD season, 4th is still crazy.

Joined Mar 30, 2007
They vote in like November. Mahomes missed like 4 games. Ya’ll act like chiefs blew out the 49ers. The Ravens were the SB favorites going into the playoffs.

of course mahomes has the most arm talent in the NFL. Far and away. Lamar had a historical season too. Even though mahomes had one the year prior. He’ll be #1 again. Let Mar get his shine.

#HomeTeam
#BrowardCounty
#FloridaBoy

Mar forever my guy :pimp: :pimp:
yes, Lamar has proved a lot of people wrong.. we also need to be honest about dude

he was 22nd in passing yards and we saw what the titans defense did in the playoffs because of the concerns regarding him throwing sideline to sideline.. it you don’t have the arm strength for it, you have to have the skill for it (so you’re anticipating where your guy is going be).. if you’re waiting to ‘see it’ on those throws the angles kill you

it’s crazy talk for Lamar to be ranked over russ, let alone mahomes.. and ain’t like we didn’t see the crazy season mahomes had before winning the damn super bowl, who knows if dee ford stays onside

Joined Mar 14, 2010
yes, Lamar has proved a lot of people wrong.. we also need to be honest about dude

he was 22nd in passing yards and we saw what the titans defense did in the playoffs because of the concerns regarding him throwing sideline to sideline.. it you don’t have the arm strength for it, you have to have the skill for it (so you’re anticipating where your guy is going be).. if you’re waiting to ‘see it’ on those throws the angles kill you

it’s crazy talk for Lamar to be ranked over russ, let alone mahomes.. and ain’t like we didn’t see the crazy season mahomes had before winning the damn super bowl, who knows if dee ford stays onside
his arm is good enough. I will say one thing. He needs to run LESS and focus on passing. Look at Vick and Cam. Those hits add up. All these running QBs need to watch Russell. He slides and avoids hits the best.

Ravens need to do less QB Runs

Joined Jan 2, 2010
This was made BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS.

Other than going GAWD mode against the Texans and in the 4th quarter against the Niners, his season (regular) was just good for his standard.
Yeah I saw that that's why I said he JUST had a 50 TD 5k yrd season. One of the best QB seasons we've ever seen. To rank him 4th at this young age makes no sense.

Clyde Frog

formerly jay02
Joined Jan 8, 2011
I don't think we should take the players' word as gospel just because they play the game.
Their opinions definitely hold more weight but agreed. In the NBA specifically I’ve seen some pretty stupid opinions pretty often from players. You can be incredibly talented and physically gifted and still be dumb. And you can not be talented or physically gifted and know your stuff.

Joined Mar 30, 2007
his arm is good enough. I will say one thing. He needs to run LESS and focus on passing. Look at Vick and Cam. Those hits add up. All these running QBs need to watch Russell. He slides and avoids hits the best.

Ravens need to do less QB Runs
I didn’t say his arm isn’t good enough.. Drew Brees doesn’t have the strongest arm

but a lot of young QBs, wait and see their guy open before throwing.. if you have the arm strength you can get away with it, I mean look at some of the stuff mahomes gets away with or stuff Rodgers was getting away with

or you had a guy like Vick who didn’t really know how to read a defense

but if you have arm limitations, you need to throw it before the cuts ESPECIALLY on sideline throws.. so you’re throwing to a spot rather than to the guy

Joined Dec 31, 2012
Mahomes should absolutely be #1, but I see how he got #4 on a list like this.

Also, we have to acknowledge the Lamar bias.

We've seen Lamar get **** on.

I think that many players were/are rooting for the hood hood black dude from Broward county with tatts and braids to be successful. Mans never code switches or tries to subdue his accent and pulls up to the podium with a heavy *** chain on.

So when a dude like that actually has success, players are gonna lean in hard to that.

It's like the opposite of the perception Russell Wilson had early on.

Joined Dec 27, 2012
Their opinions definitely hold more weight but agreed. In the NBA specifically I’ve seen some pretty stupid opinions pretty often from players. You can be incredibly talented and physically gifted and still be dumb. And you can not be talented or physically gifted and know your stuff.
Joe Johnson & Jamal Crawford would sign max contracts if it was up to the NBA players.

Like, sure the NFL players respect Todd Gurley but it's no way he was a top 100 player last season, let alone top 50.

Clyde Frog

formerly jay02
Joined Jan 8, 2011
I think like aNYone aNYone said, the players are voting out of respect for some dudes. Which is fine to me.

The thing with the NFL though, the players opinion probably holds even more weight than other sports. There’s too many levels to the sport for the far majority of fans or media to understand. die hard’s included.

I’ve religiously watched the sport my entire life and still don’t understand or notice most of the strategy that goes on. More than any other sport, studying film matters which is what these guys do full-time. While I don’t. While most don’t. And if they do it’s not touching the amount of film players study.

Nor can anyone really imagine how terrifying it would to step on a football field.

I can imagine getting crossed up by steph curry. I can’t imagine having to worry about where the hell someone like Ray Lewis is lurking. Only a player would truly know what that’s like.

Last edited:
Joined Mar 30, 2007
Mahomes should absolutely be #1, but I see how he got #4 on a list like this.

Also, we have to acknowledge the Lamar bias.

We've seen Lamar get **** on.

I think that many players were/are rooting for the hood hood black dude from Broward county with tatts and braids to be successful. Mans never code switches or tries to subdue his accent and pulls up to the podium with a heavy *** chain on.

So when a dude like that actually has success, players are gonna lean in hard to that.

It's like the opposite of the perception Russell Wilson had early on.
I mean we all rooting for dude and he should definitely be up there after last year

plus playing for the ravens helps, since only afc north and Cleveland ppl might have problems with them

but them hiring roman was huge and they hit big on offensive talent around him (those tackles and Andrews).. ravens were smart with dude, not sure how many teams I would trust with Lamar

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now