THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Joined Mar 28, 2019
Looking though the collection last night and pulling out pairs that I’ve worn a few times or less. Basically pairs I won’t end up wearing and need to sell. I have 1 pair in particular I have worn 2-3 times that I love but know I won’t wear again and it’s the Bred mini swoosh. The only close to all black shoes I wear are my black cement AJ3 and AJ4. This brings me to my question.

What pairs do you have that you love and hold onto but won’t ever wear?

Joined Dec 30, 2004
Looking though the collection last night and pulling out pairs that I’ve worn a few times or less. Basically pairs I won’t end up wearing and need to sell. I have 1 pair in particular I have worn 2-3 times that I love but know I won’t wear again and it’s the Bred mini swoosh. The only close to all black shoes I wear are my black cement AJ3 and AJ4. This brings me to my question.

None. I wear all of my shoes until they are beyond acceptable to wear to me (yellowed, dirt that I can't clean, too much creasing, etc...). Then I sell them or throw them in the garbage.

BUT...I don't have as many pairs as a lot of sneakerheads. I used to have 150+ pairs of shoes and in that case, it took a while to get outfits to match some of my shoes. After my collection of AF1s were stolen, I keep 20-30 pairs of sneakers max. It's not a horrible investment.

Joined Mar 28, 2019
None. I wear all of my shoes until they are beyond acceptable to wear to me (yellowed, dirt that I can't clean, too much creasing, etc...). Then I sell them or throw them in the garbage.

BUT...I don't have as many pairs as a lot of sneakerheads. I used to have 150+ pairs of shoes and in that case, it took a while to get outfits to match some of my shoes. After my collection of AF1s were stolen, I keep 20-30 pairs of sneakers max. It's not a horrible investment.
Honestly mine isn’t that large but there are some impulse buys and pairs like the Breds that look amazing but when I put them on, I take them off right away and put them back in the box.

Joined Jun 15, 2013

Joined Sep 23, 2018

Dude SAME here! I got the bred minis and was so excited for them! Then i wore them maybe once!!!! Since they dropped! I wont sell them but... my black cement 3s i wear once a month! I just like how the bred mini swoosh looks in hand and in pics but i dont love them on foot.... one pair i wear to much on the other hand are the currys lol!

Joined Aug 27, 2018
Question.
Would you trade a AJ1 High Mocha (in my possesion) for a AM1 Denham with an addidtional €150,- from my side.

I’m a Libra so I can’t pull the trigger. 😆

Joined Jul 18, 2012
Question.
Would you trade a AJ1 High Mocha (in my possesion) for a AM1 Denham with an addidtional €150,-?

I’m a Libra so I can’t pull the trigger. 😆
AM1 have much better materials, but they look really off to me. I love denim and sashiko stuff, but the colorblocking and details went overboard on the Denham. AJ1 Mocha quality is garbage, but the colorway is a simple and works with a lot of outfits, and 1s always look good on foot.

Joined Mar 28, 2019
Dude SAME here! I got the bred minis and was so excited for them! Then i wore them maybe once!!!! Since they dropped! I wont sell them but... my black cement 3s i wear once a month! I just like how the bred mini swoosh looks in hand and in pics but i dont love them on foot.... one pair i wear to much on the other hand are the currys lol!
Yep every time I open the box I love that Bred mini swoosh but will wear my BC3s and BC4s instead. Said I’d never keep a shoe I don’t wear so it’s got limited time left in the closet.

Joined Mar 20, 2001
I'm sure it's been asked and answered but how does the leather toebox look after a handful of wears (say 10+)?

I want to like some of the leather cws but i don't have a ton of faith in how they'll look once worn.

Joined Mar 20, 2001
word. '90s leather was obv different than the current stuff, but i understand your point. good to know and use as a reference point.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now