the thread about nothing...

Joined Oct 13, 2001
mplsdunk mplsdunk

Can you tell me what you know about Augsburg? One of my former students is going there in the fall and I just wanted to pass on any info to her that I can.

She is an Ethiopian Muslim Woman for context purposes.

Joined May 25, 2004
mplsdunk mplsdunk

Can you tell me what you know about Augsburg? One of my former students is going there in the fall and I just wanted to pass on any info to her that I can.

She is an Ethiopian Muslim Woman for context purposes.
it’s a good school man, a lot of my friends went there and enjoyed it.

she’ll be just fine and shouldn’t have any issues as far as being an East African Muslim girl.

there’s a ton of Ethiopian and Somalian heads all over the twin cities and especially right there.

i like that area too, lots of places to eat and stuff to do and she won’t need a car if she doesn’t want one.

Joined Jul 20, 2012
Bruh I don’t remember the controls being this bad on Vice City :lol: :lol:

I was trying to shoot helicopters with guns and playing it like it was GTAV

I played that **** with a big smile on my face
The nostalgia was definelty in the building
I felt like my mom was going to bust in the door and tell me to take my *** to sleep because I had school tomorrow

6 Rings G.O.A.T.

Supporter
Joined Feb 11, 2006
Bruh I don’t remember the controls being this bad on Vice City :lol: :lol:

I was trying to shoot helicopters with guns and playing it like it was GTAV

I played that **** with a big smile on my face
The nostalgia was definelty in the building
I felt like my mom was going to bust in the door and tell me to take my *** to sleep because I had school tomorrow
I'm playing GTA V and never noticed how bad the driving is.. :rofl:

Joined Nov 16, 2018
Lorde got some nice calves. I'm not usually into this type of music, but I felt obligated to listen to it since I'm objecting her by posting this pick for perverted reason. This song is fire though:
1623385251939.png

Joined Mar 5, 2005
Lorde got some nice calves. I'm not usually into this type of music, but I felt obligated to listen to it since I'm objecting her by posting this pick for perverted reason. This song is fire though:
1623385251939.png

Lorde is a cool artist. She's better than NT's favorite Lana Del Rey.

Joined Nov 5, 2015
English is specially hard for something : the accent, when you write in english as a foreigner, even if you make mistakes people would understand you, but speaking english is very hard for me, even if I'ld be bad at it, it would be easier to speak another latin language like italian or spanish, because for example words like "though", "thougt", the worst part is the sound "sss" or I don't know how to call it, it's specific as "ll" in spanish. Nederland would be impossible for me. Arab if written in phonetics, I feel I would be able to learn how to pronounce correctly. Feel so uncomfortable to speak english in real life :lol: My accent must be ###### and I forgot all what I knew but I do like to rap in spanish at home alone :smokin

Joined Feb 7, 2016
English is specially hard for something : the accent, when you write in english as a foreigner, even if you make mistakes people would understand you, but speaking english is very hard for me, even if I'ld be bad at it, it would be easier to speak another latin language like italian or spanish, because for example words like "though", "thougt", the worst part is the sound "sss" or I don't know how to call it, it's specific as "ll" in spanish. Nederland would be impossible for me. Arab if written in phonetics, I feel I would be able to learn how to pronounce correctly. Feel so uncomfortable to speak english in real life :lol: My accent must be ###### and I forgot all what I knew but I do like to rap in spanish at home alone :smokin
English isn't really perfect to begin with and could very well vary. the accent goes by territory or region. British, Irish, Americans, Canadians, European English, Asian English, Australian, East Indian English and Mid-Eastern English all differ. I had a Mid-Eastern co-worker back in the day where I couldn't really understand at all. like when he says something like, "I CAN'T!" which he couldn't really pronounce properly and always caused a lot of confusion. from my own hearing, this is how he says it, "A-KA!" so you don't know exactly if he says that he could or couldn't. really confusing. so we reach an understanding that if he couldn't, just say, "I cannot!", by which he pronounced "A-KANA" !

Joined Feb 7, 2016
moving from one region to another, I somehow lost my true accent. I find it funny though since I turned into a macaw bird which can blend in with the accent as well. sometimes, it sounds like I'm making fun of other people but me and them find it hilarious as well. the east-indian accents for example is the most hilarious, no offense. I even blend in with the typical broken english chinese accent.

Belgium

formerly colombia
Joined Jan 12, 2013
I think American English is easier for us Flemish Belgians (who speak Dutch) to replicate because our language contains a very wide variety of sounds. I think that makes it easier to adopt foreign accents.
I was very often mistaken for an American when I was playing videogames with US or UK friends a lot. Salty opponents regularly calling me a dirty yank etc.
Nowadays I lost my American accent due to inactivity in speaking English.

For some reason though, Dutch speakers in the Netherlands famously tend have a awful accent when speaking English.

Joined Dec 9, 2002
Story about whether or not masks stop catcalling. If no one said anything to her, they would've shamed the men for not complimenting her lol
Screenshot_20210611-031536_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now